Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 150

Thread: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

  1. #31
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Let's say that these are all true and attributable solely to the expansion of data collection (which is not demonstrated in any of your links, we had a system before and perhaps that system would have also gotten this, so you still have no PROOF that you're doing anything substantial other than spying on everyone, but I'm sure someone of your credentials knows all about statistics and proof) and massive spying against the American People. That's what.....3? 3 given how much? How much bigger is government, how much more are you spying, how much data is collected and sorted. 3 out of what?

    I fear you're trying to hide an embarrisingly low percentage. Which is why I say (yet again) prove it with numbers, with facts, with information. Otherwise, it's just your words, and words are wind. Proof or GTFO. You have provided no evidence nor proof of the efficiency and legitimacy of these massive "Paper's Please" policies.
    lol talk to your representative. Are you asking for classified information? ....why do you think you should have access to it? So you have a security clearance Ikari?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  2. #32
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    lol talk to your representative. Are you asking for classified information? ....why do you think you should have access to it? So you have a security clearance Ikari?
    Why? Because only through my informed opinion may I properly control the government. You say I have representatives, but if what they do is hidden, I cannot properly servo the system. So obviously to keep the Republic, to have my say, to elect the right officials to represent my sovereignty and freedom; I must have the information to do so. Subverting that is treason, it's anti-American and anti-Freedom.

    If I am to control this Republic, then I need the information. So where is it? Can you back up any of your claims? Or is this just a man trying to protect his next meal? Without the numbers, without the data, without the proof, I cannot be certain and must assume the latter.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #33
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Why? Because only through my informed opinion may I properly control the government. You say I have representatives, but if what they do is hidden, I cannot properly servo the system. So obviously to keep the Republic, to have my say, to elect the right officials to represent my sovereignty and freedom; I must have the information to do so. Subverting that is treason, it's anti-American and anti-Freedom.

    If I am to control this Republic, then I need the information. So where is it? Can you back up any of your claims? Or is this just a man trying to protect his next meal? Without the numbers, without the data, without the proof, I cannot be certain and must assume the latter.
    You apparently do not like the system of government the founders created. Odd from someone calling himself a patriot, no? Aren't you guys usually big constitutionalists?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #34
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    (But I did like the "trying to protect his next meal" thing: Ikari, you're not a threat to me)
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  5. #35
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    You apparently do not like the system of government the founders created. Odd from someone calling himself a patriot, no? Aren't you guys usually big constitutionalists?
    Oh, I love what they created. Nice deflection. Their system relies on an educated populace, but you're trying to keep us ignorant. You are acting counter to the desires of the founders and the necessities to keep the Republic.

    So again, maybe without deflection this time (it's a pretty pathetic form of argument, BTW, maybe just keep note of that in the future) prove it with numbers, with facts, with information. Otherwise, it's just your words, and words are wind. Proof or GTFO. Can you do it?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #36
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    (But I did like the "trying to protect his next meal" thing: Ikari, you're not a threat to me)
    I'm not trying to be a threat to you. I'm just explaining why you are biased source and why I cannot take your word without proof of it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #37
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Oh, I love what they created. Nice deflection. Their system relies on an educated populace, but you're trying to keep us ignorant. You are acting counter to the desires of the founders and the necessities to keep the Republic.

    So again, maybe without deflection this time (it's a pretty pathetic form of argument, BTW, maybe just keep note of that in the future) prove it with numbers, with facts, with information. Otherwise, it's just your words, and words are wind. Proof or GTFO. Can you do it?
    No, because I don't feel like giving you classified information. You have no need to know.

    And no, apparently you don't like the system. Sorry! You can move!
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  8. #38
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,484

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    That is like the government being unsure why people dislike the TSA. I'm not sure if they are morons or just dishonest assholes.
    Both.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  9. #39
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm not trying to be a threat to you. I'm just explaining why you are biased source and why I cannot take your word without proof of it.
    You don't get it. You're representatives do. The way this country was formed. You don't have to like it, but we won't change it for you. Sorry!
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  10. #40
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    No, because I don't feel like giving you classified information. You have no need to know.

    And no, apparently you don't like the system. Sorry! You can move!
    I do NEED to know. In order to control the system I must know. In order to make the proper choice of Representative, I need to know. The entirety of the Republic revolves around an educated populace. Why the effort to keep me ignorant? Why can you not tell me so that I may judge whether or not my Representative is doing the appropriate job?

    See, this is what it comes down to, a man trying to justify his lunch claiming that which earns his lunch is necessary but unable to actually show how. That's where you are at. You cannot demonstrate any of your claims, but I am to accept them merely because you made them. That's not a Republic, BTW, that's Oligarchy....Fascism. It's the exact ploy used by China. Keep them ignorant and you can keep them a slave. And you are on the side of ignorance.

    So until you can actually demonstrate your claims, they remain the ravings of a man invested in his paycheck and nothing more.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •