Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 150

Thread: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

  1. #91
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    People have no clue how many dangerously crazy people there are and how many terror plots are prevented or fail for various reasons. Most that success goes to the private sector, local authorities, the CIA and FBI. I don't know how much the NSA involves in that level of domestic security.

    Wars are decided by politicians and specifically the White House.

  2. #92
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    When a terrorist attack on an airliner is stopped by the passengers, our security systems have failed.
    Or elevated to include amateurs that happen to be in the flight.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  3. #93
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Not only that, but the very essence of their argument is dishonest. It's the China argument. Essentially they will say we don't have the information to make an informed decision, but they also won't give us the information to make an informed decision. They keep everything cloaked, pretending the information is for them and them alone and oh how terrible it would be for us to know what they are doing. They are essentially trying to rig the system to force ignorance upon us and then claim that because we're ignorant we shouldn't be saying anything. It's the Catch 22, and a sign of an oppressive government.

    Too bad some on that side do not have the intelligence to recognize this.
    Catch 22 | Define Catch 22 at Dictionary.com
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  4. #94
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,877

    Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Which one are you referring to that was stopped by passengers? The shoe bomber or the failed explosive or ?
    Flight 93

    Seriously??
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  5. #95
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,877

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    People have no clue how many dangerously crazy people there are and how many terror plots are prevented or fail for various reasons. Most that success goes to the private sector, local authorities, the CIA and FBI. I don't know how much the NSA involves in that level of domestic security.

    Wars are decided by politicians and specifically the White House.
    The 'private sector'??

    Seriously!?

    So Taco Bell, Sears, and K-Mart are now active in preventing terrorism?

    Do tell.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  6. #96
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    He's just a man protecting his bread, nothing more. He cannot demonstrate any effect, he cannot show any benefit, all he can do is hide the truth in ignorance and claim the ignorance is justified. Those without argument are oft left to deception.
    But if OWD works in intelligence he cannot give you access to sensitive information such as the kind that you need Ikari. He would lose his job or worse: Charged with treason.

    Others, unfriendlies, might get access to seeing this information. This is a public forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  7. #97
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Blah blah blah blah, "ask your representative even though you will not be given the information, statistics, and proof necessary to properly judge the actions and platform of your Representative, thus breaking the Republic".

    Yes, I know the arguments of the tyrannical. I am merely asking if you have any proof of your arguments. If not, nothing you say should be taken with any amount of seriousness towards expert experience. If you're just a man trying to protect his lunch, then you'll say anything.

    Proof, do you have it?
    Knowing that he must be secretive in order to defend his country from disclosing sensitive information in a public forum, how much can you trust a sheet of numbers ready to be statistically crunched into something meaningful for you to decide your representative?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  8. #98
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Knowing that he must be secretive in order to defend his country from disclosing sensitive information in a public forum, how much can you trust a sheet of numbers ready to be statistically crunched into something meaningful for you to decide your representative?
    The point is he can't back up anything be is saying. So he's essentially using the "trust us, we know what we're doing, we're not doing anything bad, we're really protecting you" argument which is absolute crap. Without proof, you got nothing. Massive growth in government, large data mining and storage, massive spying against the People many times without warrant, and no data proving this had any effect. But I'm supposed to just take it because someone who's lunch depends on it says it's necessary.

    To keep a free Republican requires an educated and informed People. There are just those amongst us looking to subvert that.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #99
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The point is he can't back up anything be is saying. So he's essentially using the "trust us, we know what we're doing, we're not doing anything bad, we're really protecting you" argument which is absolute crap. Without proof, you got nothing. Massive growth in government, large data mining and storage, massive spying against the People many times without warrant, and no data proving this had any effect. But I'm supposed to just take it because someone who's lunch depends on it says it's necessary.

    To keep a free Republican requires an educated and informed People. There are just those amongst us looking to subvert that.
    No, I'm saying trust your representatives or vote in someone you do. You don't get classified information. No ifs, ands, or buts. This is the system of government the US has. Change it via the voting booth, shut up and stop whining, or, in your words "GTFO".
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  10. #100
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Retiring NSA chief doesn't understand why people hate the NSA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    It's a no-brainer that President Washington would say something like that considering the fact he was previously a General with wartime experience and who IIRC, started America's first spying apparatus. However, I'm skeptical that he'd give approval of blanket coverage on every American citizen that emits capturable information; instead, I believe he would come down on the side that CERTAIN Americans should be monitored.
    Exactly. And they use the fact that some things need to be secret to justify making everything secret. And then when you want to control the system and exert control it's all "you can't because you don't know", but they are specifically trying to make it so no one can know.

    It's not a blank check as some would try to use it as.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •