Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 147

Thread: One Percenter Convicted Of Raping Infant Child Dodges Jail.

  1. #111
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: One Percenter Convicted Of Raping Infant Child Dodges Jail.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Nobody should be able to pay their way out of prison. This isn't Monopoly.
    I agree. I'm talking about negotiating resititution in return for not prosecuting the case.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: One Percenter Convicted Of Raping Infant Child Dodges Jail.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    TD, obviously the crime here is the rape. However in more cases than not, money does buy the justice system.

    Now the fault here is not the people with money, but the fact in many cases that money will get guilty people off on crimes most will go to jail for. The fault is the corrupt system that allows this.
    Well now, that certainly wouldn't be the case with Bernie Madoff now, would it. One-hundred and fifty years in prison.

  3. #113
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: One Percenter Convicted Of Raping Infant Child Dodges Jail.

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    One Percenter Convicted Of Raping Infant Child Dodges Jail Because He 'Will Not Fare Well' A more appropriate sentence would be a 45 caliber slug. And the judge needs a smack upside the head.
    While agree that the scumbag needs to be executed and if that were my daughter, he would live longer in jail, I feel compelled to ask: where's the outrage when this happens to a 99-percenter? And, yes, it happens fairly regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: One Percenter Convicted Of Raping Infant Child Dodges Jail.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well now, that certainly wouldn't be the case with Bernie Madoff now, would it. One-hundred and fifty years in prison.
    I said many cases, not all cases.

  5. #115
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    Re: One Percenter Convicted Of Raping Infant Child Dodges Jail.

    .....
    Last edited by Helix; 04-07-14 at 03:57 AM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: One Percenter Convicted Of Raping Infant Child Dodges Jail.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I said many cases, not all cases.
    I think it all depends on the crime too. Seems like white collar financial crimes are punished quite harshly.

  7. #117
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: One Percenter Convicted Of Raping Infant Child Dodges Jail.

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    One Percenter Convicted Of Raping Infant Child Dodges Jail Because He 'Will Not Fare Well' A more appropriate sentence would be a 45 caliber slug. And the judge needs a smack upside the head.
    Wow, I had to read the story before I could understand by a one percenter would be getting off so light, normally outlaw motor cycle gang members will not be treated to a light sentence. Only then did I understand it was about a filthy rich person and then I understood it. Sadly there is a justice system for "them" and for the rest of the American public. Even in campaign finances is "money a way to express yourself" and in this case money was used to express this guy into a ludicrous punishment for his crimes.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: One Percenter Convicted Of Raping Infant Child Dodges Jail.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Wow, I had to read the story before I could understand by a one percenter would be getting off so light, normally outlaw motor cycle gang members will not be treated to a light sentence. Only then did I understand it was about a filthy rich person and then I understood it. Sadly there is a justice system for "them" and for the rest of the American public. Even in campaign finances is "money a way to express yourself" and in this case money was used to express this guy into a ludicrous punishment for his crimes.
    No doubt about it, anyone who rapes a child should probably get a life sentence. It's the same with celebrities.

  9. #119
    Educator LadyMoonlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New South Wales, Australia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    847

    Re: One Percenter Convicted Of Raping Infant Child Dodges Jail.

    Recently in Australia a man who raped his daughter for 10 years (with his wife sometimes in the same bed) was given probation and he had to attend a course of some kind, so he got off scott free. As far as I am concerned, anyone who rapes/molests a child should be executed.

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: One Percenter Convicted Of Raping Infant Child Dodges Jail.

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyMoonlight View Post
    Recently in Australia a man who raped his daughter for 10 years (with his wife sometimes in the same bed) was given probation and he had to attend a course of some kind, so he got off scott free. As far as I am concerned, anyone who rapes/molests a child should be executed.
    Disgusting. HOw does that happen?

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •