Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 103

Thread: Yellowstone Bison Running for their lives !!!

  1. #71
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,214

    Re: Yellowstone Bison Running for their lives !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Really? Someone who raises bison can tell the difference between "running because there was a small earthquake" and "running because there was a small earthquake and an ENORMOUS VOLCANIC ERUPTION IS COMING."

    That's ****in impressive right there.
    Aww you're a city boy aren't you?

    Those creatures are more in touch with the planet than we'll ever be.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  2. #72
    Guru
    RogueWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Atheist Utopia aka Reality
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: Yellowstone Bison Running for their lives !!!

    Year Without a Summer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    After Mt Tambora erupted in 1815.
    If Yellowstone goes, it would be the decade without summers.
    If Yellowstone goes, every joule of energy humanity can generate will HAVE to go food production (greenhouses etc) or billions will starve.

    Volcanic Explosivity Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    270px-VEIfigure_en.svg.jpg
    Everyone is born a homo sapiens sapiens but not everyone is a human. -RW
    Trumplethinskin! 4 handicap and getting better every weekend!
    Alex Jones for Press Secretary!!!!!!


  3. #73
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Yellowstone Bison Running for their lives !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Glad I live in Florida.
    Doesn't matter, the whole hemisphere would probably be ****ed.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #74
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Yellowstone Bison Running for their lives !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    It is proven that animals can sense the change in magnetic forces and gravitational forces better than humans. when you start seeing swarms of animals trying to flee an area something bad is going to happen.

    i have heard the same reports that yellowstone is due or a catastrophic explosion. whether it happens or not is a different story, but from what i understand if and when it blows it will make mount St. Helen look like a firecracker.

    it would be a Vesuvius type of explosion or worse.
    Once a high police authority in China removed home owners out of their own homes by force massively. He gave the order after seeing snakes going out of their holes in winter, effectively risking death for they are coldblooded. An enormous earthquake followed later.

    But you said "proven?" Sources that state the experiment please?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  5. #75
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,741

    Re: Yellowstone Bison Running for their lives !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Once a high police authority in China removed home owners out of their own homes by force massively. He gave the order after seeing snakes going out of their holes in winter, effectively risking death for they are coldblooded. An enormous earthquake followed later.

    But you said "proven?" Sources that state the experiment please?
    it has been observed time and time again that animals flee to other places before natural disasters hit. what more do you want? this has been common knowledge for years.

  6. #76
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Yellowstone Bison Running for their lives !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    it has been observed time and time again that animals flee to other places before natural disasters hit. what more do you want? this has been common knowledge for years.
    Common knowledge = Knowledge gained through everyone's senses.

    Me and everyone I know has not seen animals run away from a disaster prior to us = Not common knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  7. #77
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,741

    Re: Yellowstone Bison Running for their lives !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Common knowledge = Knowledge gained through everyone's senses.

    Me and everyone I know has not seen animals run away from a disaster prior to us = Not common knowledge.
    no that isn't what common knowledge is.

    Rather, common knowledge can be about a broad range of subjects, including science, literature, history, entertainment etc. Often, common knowledge does not need to be cited.
    Common knowledge is knowledge that is known by everyone or nearly everyone.

  8. #78
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Yellowstone Bison Running for their lives !!!

    "Can Animals Predict Disaster?
    Introduction



    An elephant trumpets wildly, breaks a chain holding it to a tree, and flees to higher ground — just before a massive tsunami crashes ashore, drowning hundreds of thousands of people.

    Did the elephant know the deadly wave was coming?

    That’s the question explored by NATURE’s Can Animals Predict Disaster?

    In interviews with scientists and eyewitnesses, NATURE probes the evidence that some animals may have senses that allow them to predict impending natural disasters long before we can.

    Some creatures, for instance, may be able to “hear” infrasound, — sounds produced by natural phenomena, including earthquakes, volcanoes, and storms, that are inaudible to the human ear. This ability may give elephants and other animals enough time to react and flee to safety.

    Another explanation may lie in animals’ sensitivities to electromagnetic field variations. Quantum geophysicist Motoji Ikeya has found that certain animals react to changes in electrical currents. He now regularly monitors a catfish, the most sensitive of the creatures he has tested, to aid him in warning others of coming disaster.

    Follow NATURE as it reexamines ancient ideas about how animals can predict disaster which are now gaining credence in scientific circles."

    Can Animals Predict Disaster? - Introduction | Nature | PBS

  9. #79
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,741

    Re: Yellowstone Bison Running for their lives !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    "Can Animals Predict Disaster?
    Introduction



    An elephant trumpets wildly, breaks a chain holding it to a tree, and flees to higher ground — just before a massive tsunami crashes ashore, drowning hundreds of thousands of people.

    Did the elephant know the deadly wave was coming?

    That’s the question explored by NATURE’s Can Animals Predict Disaster?

    In interviews with scientists and eyewitnesses, NATURE probes the evidence that some animals may have senses that allow them to predict impending natural disasters long before we can.

    Some creatures, for instance, may be able to “hear” infrasound, — sounds produced by natural phenomena, including earthquakes, volcanoes, and storms, that are inaudible to the human ear. This ability may give elephants and other animals enough time to react and flee to safety.

    Another explanation may lie in animals’ sensitivities to electromagnetic field variations. Quantum geophysicist Motoji Ikeya has found that certain animals react to changes in electrical currents. He now regularly monitors a catfish, the most sensitive of the creatures he has tested, to aid him in warning others of coming disaster.

    Follow NATURE as it reexamines ancient ideas about how animals can predict disaster which are now gaining credence in scientific circles."

    Can Animals Predict Disaster? - Introduction | Nature | PBS
    i was hearing about this type of thing back in 6th grade/jr high.

  10. #80
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Yellowstone Bison Running for their lives !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Aww you're a city boy aren't you?

    Those creatures are more in touch with the planet than we'll ever be.
    "Ever" be? That seems a little presumptuous. A hundred years ago we were creating the first telescopes that allowed us to see planets in our solar system we never even knew existed, today we can can see the background radiation from the Big Bang and have even pinpointed the beginning of it to within a million years. I'm pretty confident that scientific means for understanding our planet will come along nicely as well.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •