Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 518

Thread: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

  1. #51
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Psst, its not a real law. Perhaps it's time to repeal Godwin's Law since its seems to get invoked regardless if the correlation is an accurate and appropiate one to the discussion...in this case, childrens books aka brainwashing children. I notice that none of you read the thread before invoking Godwin's law.. which makes all you guilty of hijacking the thread to discuss Godwin's law.


    If Charles Manson wrote a childrens book, called "The Trials of Timmy Travis" would you recommend it based on the merit and content of the book and not the author?

    What if someone compared the author of "The Trials of Timmy Travis" to Nazis....would you scream Godwin's Law so no one can discuss that swastika emblazened on the authors forehead?
    There was not much thread to read by the time you Godwinned it.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  2. #52
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NC
    Last Seen
    09-04-15 @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    420

    Re: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    You don't even know what 'liberal' means. Too many conservatives just make a pile out of things they don't like and call the pile 'liberalism' without knowing what the hell they're talking about.
    You don't get to change the definitions of words to suit yourself.
    all one has to do is pay attention to the social issues that are mainstream and listen to what the people pushing it call themselves.....maybe liberals dont know what liberal means, there just tagging themselves with a name because they were told its the cool thing to do and fall in line with what they here in the media...and I dont know one conservative who throws something in a pile they dont like and call it liberalism...I dont like golf but it isnt because i think its a liberal sport

  3. #53
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    What modern “liberals” hold as principles are, for the most part, diametrically-opposed to the values on which this nation was founded.
    You don't have the slightest idea what liberals believe.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #54
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    That you don't understand the fallacy in comparing Rush Limbaugh to Charles Manson, Hitler, or a key figure within the Nazi regmine then I don't quite know what else to say.
    If you don't know what to say, then say nothing.


    If your point was that Limbaugh is a propogandist, one could easily have said that. There's little reason to go to the nazi comparison OTHER than to invoke the natural and common emotional response associated with nazism and tie that to the target.
    I disagree. Comparing the most famous propagandist in hstory to Rush is a compliment to his success in infiltrating his propaganda into every corner of our society and helping to make it what it is today....a divided, cynical, mistrustful, insecure, ignorant, fearful, hateful society. Rush makes Goebbels look like an amatuer.

    You breath air. OMG! Hitler breathed air. You're just like Hitler! It's okay, beucase the correlation is accurate and I dislike what you're saying so apparently it's appropriate by your logic!
    OMG you said HITLER!!!! <gasp> Thats Godwins law and now we have to discuss Godwins law because I don't like your opinion of Limbaugh. That seems to be your logic, too.
    Last edited by Moot; 03-21-14 at 04:38 PM.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    There was not much thread to read by the time you Godwinned it.
    If there wasn't a discussion before hand then it isn't Godwin's law.

  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,304

    Re: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

    Oh man is that revealing or what.

  7. #57
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    If there wasn't a discussion before hand then it isn't Godwin's law.
    There didn't have to be either but you, of course, took it there. Do you really not see the issue with comparing Limbaugh with Goebbels and how retarded that is?

    Edit: Never mind, questioned answered.
    Last edited by X Factor; 03-21-14 at 04:46 PM.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  8. #58
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,552

    Re: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

    RUSH WOULD LOVE

    The-Purge-2013-Movie-Title-Banner-600x253.jpg

    OF ALL NON-CONSERVATIVES

    What better place to start than with children?

  9. #59
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    If you don't know what to say, then say nothing.


    I disagree. Comparing the most famous propagandist in hstory to Rush is a compliment to his success in infiltrating his propaganda into every corner of our society and helping to make it what it is today....a divided, cynical, mistrustful, insecure, ignorant, fearful, hateful society. Rush makes Goebbels look like an amatuer.

    OMG you said HITLER!!!! <gasp> Thats Godwins law and now we have to discuss Godwins law because I don't like your opinion of Limbaugh. That seems to be your logic, too.
    Not only do you not get Godwin's law, you double down on the idiotic comparison. This just does a huge disservice to those who suffered at the hands of the Nazis. You should be embarrassed but ignorance is bliss, I guess.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  10. #60
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    There didn't have to be either but you, of course, took it there. Do you really not see the issue with comparing Limbaugh with Goebbels and how retarded that is?
    I guess I'm not as blind as you. If an apple is red...I'm going to say the apple is red. I'm not going to pretend and say a red apple is green because saying it is red might offend you.

Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •