Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 518

Thread: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

  1. #381
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,175

    Re: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Plenty of Republicans are getting elected. Even in the last presidential election, nothing changed. But the numbers aren't looking so good anymore for the Dems, who have alienated the white population to death. The Left has shown nothing but extreme hate for the white population in this country. Then there's Obama's approval rating which I don't think is going to improve very much. I wouldn't count the Republicans out.

    A high white vote has Obama worried about Democrats in the 2014 midterms.

    Democratic Senate Seats Up For Re-Election in 2014

    How Likely Are Democrats to Lose the Senate? | RealClearPolitics
    Wait, I thought only lefties made it about race....I guess not, unless you are one now.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #382
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,298

    Re: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I'm not a Limbaugh fan, but I also don't like false claims. Not willing to research all the quotes, but I did check with Snopes about some of them. snopes.com: Rush Limbaugh 'Racist Quotes' List
    Geezuz ... hope Hard Truth didn't read that ... could get ugly ... unfortunately I just posted a reply to him that may appear right before this one.
    Ya know ... if H.T. does get violent about it, given the subject matter he'll probably blame Limbaugh for inspiring his violence.

  3. #383
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Limbaugh is effective,
    Considering how gullible his audience is, yes he is.

  4. #384
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post

    I'm guessing that you yourself have never had to live with chronic, white-noise pain and so have no understanding of just how easy it is to become hooked on painkillers. It's not because they make you high; it's because they control the pain so that you can function.
    Apparently oxy boy didn't get your memo. Typical right wing hypocrisy. And yet the minions run to his defense.

    Rush Limbaugh Mocks an Obese Drug Addict



    Now, this is the guy who admitted he got drunk and, what, he smoked crack?

    Yeah, he smoked it in a "drunken stupor," and he refuses to resign, and they're trying to strip his powers as mayor away. His brother's backing him up, but he won't quit. He's a big, obese guy. He looks like Goldfinger with about, oh, 50 or 60 extra pounds, maybe a hundred extra pounds or whatever.
    All of that coming from the same guy who said this...

    "There’s nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up," Mr. Limbaugh declared on his radio show on October 5th, 1995.***

    He concluded the point by noting: "What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we’re not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."***
    Of course none of that should apply to him.

    This isn't about your sister. This is about Rush Limpdick. The right wing flag bearer of hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Top Cat; 03-24-14 at 12:16 PM.

  5. #385
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Considering how gullible his audience is, yes he is.
    He bugs the **** out of Obama, so I'd say you're wrong.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #386
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Wait, I thought only lefties made it about race....I guess not, unless you are one now.
    That's the point of the article, that lefties have made it about race.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #387
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    That's the point of the article, that lefties have made it about race.
    It's their only trump card.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #388
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,175

    Re: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    That's the point of the article, that lefties have made it about race.
    I thought the point of the article was that Rush Limbaugh wrote a childrens book? Here's what YOU said:

    the Dems, who have alienated the white population to death
    .

    If someone on the left said "the Republicans, who have alienated the black population to death" you'd jump all over them for playing the race card. I guess it's OK if it goes your way (as with everything else, IOKIYAR)


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #389
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,550
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Geezuz ... hope Hard Truth didn't read that ... could get ugly ... unfortunately I just posted a reply to him that may appear right before this one.
    Ya know ... if H.T. does get violent about it, given the subject matter he'll probably blame Limbaugh for inspiring his violence.
    Rush gets blamed for hundreds, maybe thousands, of things he says during the course of 15 hours of mostly extemporaneous radio broadcast every week plus some additional interviews or the occasional essay he writes for publication. And if anybody can point to anybody with that kind of exposure who has never misspoke, made an error in fact, or said something that offended somebody, I would buy them a good steak dinner. I would be the first to say that Rush sometimes does cross the line into bad taste and I often don't agree on his conclusion about this or that or something else and I have caught him in a rare error of fact--his scholarship is pretty much as good as anybody's though. He does seem to have a heart as big as his girth, and he does a great deal of philanthropy and good works with his assets and name recognition.

    And 99% of what he is blamed for is taken out of context and presented as something different from what he actually said or intended. Whole websites are devoted to defaming him and accusing him of all kinds of reprehensible intent and language along with phrases assigned as talking points for numbnuts to use to smear him all over the internet.

    I haven't read his children's books but I would not hestitate to order them as gifts for any child. I believe the reviews that they are factual, non partisan, well done, written in an entertaining manner that makes them page turners for the reader, and are worthy of literary acclaim.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  10. #390
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Rush Limbaugh selection in children’s book competition causes a stir

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    Rush gets blamed for hundreds, maybe thousands, of things he says during the course of 15 hours of mostly extemporaneous radio broadcast every week plus some additional interviews or the occasional essay he writes for publication. And if anybody can point to anybody with that kind of exposure who has never misspoke, made an error in fact, or said something that offended somebody, I would buy them a good steak dinner. I would be the first to say that Rush sometimes does cross the line into bad taste and I often don't agree on his conclusion about this or that or something else and I have caught him in a rare error of fact--his scholarship is pretty much as good as anybody's though. He does seem to have a heart as big as his girth, and he does a great deal of philanthropy and good works with his assets and name recognition.

    And 99% of what he is blamed for is taken out of context and presented as something different from what he actually said or intended. Whole websites are devoted to defaming him and accusing him of all kinds of reprehensible intent and language along with phrases assigned as talking points for numbnuts to use to smear him all over the internet.

    I haven't read his children's books but I would not hestitate to order them as gifts for any child. I believe the reviews that they are factual, non partisan, well done, written in an entertaining manner that makes them page turners for the reader, and are worthy of literary acclaim.
    Frankly, his popularity depends on those out of context criticisms he gets on a daily basis. I would think he'd have expected these children's books to be heavily criticized which would subsequently increase sales and visibility. He depends on daily criticism for his lively hood; books, radio, personal appearances, the whole magilla.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •