Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    Current shipping capacity (I think there are about 300 ships)....could possibly ship about 10% of what flows through Russian pipelines each day....once a month or so.
    And the CONs know this but they tripped all over themselves getting on the Sunday morning squabble shows to demand we send our NG to Europe to cut the Russians out of the European market, create jobs and lower costs of Gas (not sure how that happens)

    Fantasy and partisan rhetoric...

  2. #12
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,761

    Re: 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis

    I'll be glad to help them all out. I've got plenty of gas.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis

    I think it's about time the EU nuts up and handles their own problems. We've spent far to much in resources providing for countries who don't much care for us anyway. I'm about tired of hearing how superior they think they are. Fu<k em.

  4. #14
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    And the CONs know this but they tripped all over themselves getting on the Sunday morning squabble shows to demand we send our NG to Europe to cut the Russians out of the European market, create jobs and lower costs of Gas (not sure how that happens)

    Fantasy and partisan rhetoric...
    Obviously....the later.

  5. #15
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,047

    Re: 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The US has lots of natural gas, but it seems to me it would be expensive to ship it to Europe. It's not like there is a pipeline across the Atlantic.
    Dont give them any ideas, next thing that we know is that we will be building a pipeline across the ocean.

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Dont give them any ideas, next thing that we know is that we will be building a pipeline across the ocean.
    But it creates JOBS!!!!!

  7. #17
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,947
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis

    My, how far we've advanced. Back in the day, the Allies airlifted an entire city's worth of supplies into Berlin when the Russians clamped down.

    Now, the Russians are clamping down once again, for the same reasons (they want to annex someone else's land) and we only have the same option available, ship it in.

    I think that the historical parallel should be a wake up call to entire planet about Putin's vision for Russia.

    'Yeah, US, ship it in. Supply an entire country with natural gas for heating. No charge to them. You can afford it. '

    Ha! BS. We can't afford it. The world doesn't have the shipping capacity to do it, as previously posted. What? Are we NOW supposed to be the world's policeman, the world's fixer, yet again?

    EU's ecomentalists need to decide if they'll allow fracking or if they'll allow people to freeze to death. Shipping it from 1/2 way across the planet is not an economical nor viable option. Let's see how they decide.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    My, how far we've advanced. Back in the day, the Allies airlifted an entire city's worth of supplies into Berlin when the Russians clamped down.

    Now, the Russians are clamping down once again, for the same reasons (they want to annex someone else's land) and we only have the same option available, ship it in.

    I think that the historical parallel should be a wake up call to entire planet about Putin's vision for Russia.

    'Yeah, US, ship it in. Supply an entire country with natural gas for heating. No charge to them. You can afford it. '

    Ha! BS. We can't afford it. The world doesn't have the shipping capacity to do it, as previously posted. What? Are we NOW supposed to be the world's policeman, the world's fixer, yet again?

    EU's ecomentalists need to decide if they'll allow fracking or if they'll allow people to freeze to death. Shipping it from 1/2 way across the planet is not an economical nor viable option. Let's see how they decide.
    but the markets dictate how natural gas is shipped, not the government.

    russia holds all the economic keys to the ukraine and crimea.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  9. #19
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,947
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    but the markets dictate how natural gas is shipped, not the government.

    russia holds all the economic keys to the ukraine and crimea.
    Yes they do. We don't. The EU is far closer, and could help far better than we could from our distance. The EU should help, as it is in their best interests to have closer and better relations with the Ukraine than the Ukraine does with Russia.

    Our best interests? Maybe, but it would depend if you believe that another cold war with the Russians is neigh.

    Look, Russia has been using the Crimean ports for their fleet for like over 200 years. They just want to continue their control and access over those warm water ports. The mere fact that they are willing to pull what amounts to a cold war move by invading the Crimean peninsula, not even the entirety of the Ukraine mind you, comes across to me as cornering a wounded animal. Best to avoid it.

    On the flip side, what's the course they have to sail to get those ships from the Black Sea out into the big water? Past multiple narrow straights. Ample opportunities to block those. I'm not seeing the big military and strategic loss here letting them maintain access to these Crimean ports.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's no different than shipping oil from the ME.
    Right. Shipping natural gas is exactly the same as shipping crude, or widgets, or anything else regardless of how much room it occupies, how heavy it is, how explosive, it doesn't matter. Shipping is shipping.

    right?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •