Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 455

Thread: Ohio Student Points Finger Like Gun, Is Suspended [W:148:245]

  1. #431
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Ohio Student Points Finger Like Gun, Is Suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Guns in schools are no laughing matter, I suspect we can all agree on that? While a 3 day suspension is ridiculous, a consequence of some sort is fair. I suspect the true spirit of the idea was to remove even "joking" about guns from schools. I have no problem with that idea whatsoever.
    In the 90's at my high school it was write common to see pick ups with guns in the gun racks. Hunter education was an elective. As a kid we played cops and robbers cowboys and indians... army games. I was "shot" alot. Really the problem here is cravwn adults and schools afraid of getting sued. Guns arent the problem
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #432
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,609

    Re: Ohio Student Points Finger Like Gun, Is Suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    As I said, you claim discussions here are formal debate when you want them to be, but not when you don't want it to be. You voice an opinion of a whole group of people and you think it's fine, then throw a tantrum when someone dares have an opinion of you.
    .
    nope
    never made that claim.

    I could not care less about your opinion of me or any standard you have convinced yourself I hold.

    What I do care about is when somebody slanders me with statements about what I believe or support or what my position is and then they are impotent to actually back up the accusations with verifiable evidence that they are indeed my positions.

    The real question now becomes why you are unable to do just that?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #433
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,619

    Re: Ohio Student Points Finger Like Gun, Is Suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    nope
    never made that claim.
    Of course you did. You made that claim when you decided to try and spell out what Fletch's responsibilities are based on your years of collegiate debate:

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I was trained in collegiate debate. I debated in college for two years all over this nation against some of the best. We were trained to always understand that it is the complete and total responsibility of the person making the allegation to support that claim with verifiable evidence. When they cannot do that, simply pointing out their failure scores the matter in your favor.
    Why would you make that argument if you didn't think you were in a formal debate? And then why did you break those very rules in your own gratuitous assertion? Answer: Because you are a hypocrite.

    I could not care less about your opinion of me or any standard you have convinced yourself I hold.
    I didn't figure you would. But, as is the case in all internet arguments, most of the statements are for the observers since the particulars in an argument rarely sway one another over. I figured it was time in the discussion to make it clear what my opinion actually was.

    What I do care about is when somebody slanders me with statements about what I believe or support or what my position is and then they are impotent to actually back up the accusations with verifiable evidence that they are indeed my positions.
    So saying that you believe in wealth redistribution is slander?

    The real question now becomes why you are unable to do just that?
    Because I don't need to. Your actions have satisfied my curiosity.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  4. #434
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,609

    Re: Ohio Student Points Finger Like Gun, Is Suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Of course you did.
    nope - never did. And I explained everything at least four times already. It is the total and sole responsibility of anyone making charges about what another believes to prove them with evidence.

    If you want to get infracted for daring to defy previous warnings - but I prefer not to.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #435
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,619

    Re: Ohio Student Points Finger Like Gun, Is Suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    nope - never did. And I explained everything at least four times already. It is the total and sole responsibility of anyone making charges about what another believes to prove them with evidence.

    If you want to get infracted for daring to defy previous warnings - but I prefer not to.
    So, you state that if someone has evidence of a claim you would be happy to discuss it, yet here I offer you the passage that I formed my opinion on and you just dodge it as readily as you did Fletch's question. And you don't just refuse to discuss the quote in question, but you now threaten to report me. Again, you aren't as open to discussing your posts as you think you are.

    What was the point of bringing up college debate rules that you think Fletch should follow if you don't believe you and Fletch are engaged in a formal debate? Answer: There wasn't one.

    Anyway, you have satisfied my curiosity and assisted in me forming my opinion. If you want to report me for having an opinion then just go ahead. From history moderators aren't any happier with threatening people with reporting them than they are at whatever it is you think I have done.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  6. #436
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,619

    Re: Ohio Student Points Finger Like Gun, Is Suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Since the school had already adopted the policy, and presumably was not challenged, then the parents deserve the aftermath.

    Stupid **** like this needs to be nipped in the bud immediately, not after the fact.
    I agree with this, unfortunately I think that the moment to nip it in the bud is already gone by the time these idiots get their teaching diplomas.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  7. #437
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,738
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ohio Student Points Finger Like Gun, Is Suspended

    Moderator's Warning:
    Ohio Student Points Finger Like Gun, Is Suspended [W:148:245]Hay and J - knock it off.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  8. #438
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,609

    Re: Ohio Student Points Finger Like Gun, Is Suspended

    thank you.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #439
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,609

    Re: Ohio Student Points Finger Like Gun, Is Suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    I agree with this, unfortunately I think that the moment to nip it in the bud is already gone by the time these idiots get their teaching diplomas.
    Teachers do NOT make these sort of policy decisions. They are made by state legislators, boards of education or school administration. Teachers are simply told what field to pick the cotton in and how to do it.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #440
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Ohio Student Points Finger Like Gun, Is Suspended

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Teachers do NOT make these sort of policy decisions. … Teachers are simply told what field to pick the cotton in and how to do it.
    “I was just following orders…”
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •