Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 177

Thread: Russia Moves to Deploy Troops in Ukraine

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Russia Moves to Deploy Troops in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I would think Putin would be more concerned about why we put a dead man in office.

    What, exactly, do you think Obama should do? Turn Moscow into cinders?
    Obama has put America in a position of weakness and that is why Putin is doing this. Your answer is in post # 6.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,469

    Re: Russia Moves to Deploy Troops in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    We can't do anything militarily and I would not propose we do.
    Then macho man Putin would dismiss you as weak.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Russia Moves to Deploy Troops in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    I think there is a vast difference between Gorbachev and KGB agent Putin. So it is hard to say what difference would it make if Reagan were in office or for that matter if Truman was in office.

    Since you are unhappy with Obama here, what would you propose we do? Would you send our troops into the Ukraine?
    post # 6 is my answer.

  4. #14
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,143

    Re: Russia Moves to Deploy Troops in Ukraine

    Obama would send a text:
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  5. #15
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,868

    Re: Russia Moves to Deploy Troops in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Obama has put America in a position of weakness and that is why Putin is doing this. Your answer is in post # 6.
    What "position of weakness"?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Russia Moves to Deploy Troops in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Based on what evidence would we not do exactly you said, if Mexico had stuff we wanted?
    Mexico has stuff we want but we will never send in troops to take it.

  7. #17
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,969
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Russia Moves to Deploy Troops in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    We can't do anything militarily and I would not propose we do. The only reason Putin is doing this though is because he perceives obama as weak and easy to push around. Obama has thrown away all our leverage with his talk of a smaller military and less nukes. If we had a hawk pres trying to get approval for a larger military and better nukes Putin wouldn't do this because it would push congress over to our presidents side. Reagan defeated the Soviet Union with his strength and obama is letting it rebuild with his weakness.

    LOL. Russia defeated itself. Reagan just happened to be the dude in office when it finally (inevitably) happened.....

    Unless it's your opinion the communism worked a great, and it was only through US presidential influence that it failed?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Russia Moves to Deploy Troops in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Then macho man Putin would dismiss you as weak.
    Putin would not do this because he would know it would be just the excuse a strong pres in the USA is looking for to build up our military instead of tear it down as obama is doing.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Russia Moves to Deploy Troops in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    What "position of weakness"?
    The positions obama has taken on a smaller military and getting rid of nukes.

  10. #20
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Russia Moves to Deploy Troops in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    We can't do anything militarily and I would not propose we do. The only reason Putin is doing this though is because he perceives obama as weak and easy to push around. Obama has thrown away all our leverage with his talk of a smaller military and less nukes. If we had a hawk pres trying to get approval for a larger military and better nukes Putin wouldn't do this because it would push congress over to our presidents side. Reagan defeated the Soviet Union with his strength and obama is letting it rebuild with his weakness.
    Yeah, I just don't buy that. We are NOT going to act militarily against Russia for their actions in the Ukraine. Even you say that's not going to happen. No country is fool enough to think we cannot mobilize militarily in a NY Minute should the need arise. And we certainly don't need anymore nukes.

    I think we should be glad we're downsizing the military. It means we have no plans to put boots on the ground anytime soon. And we don't need boots on the ground to protect our interests anyhow. We only need boots on the ground to protect the interests of others, and I should think we're all pretty tired of that right about now.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •