Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Results 171 to 177 of 177

Thread: Russia Moves to Deploy Troops in Ukraine

  1. #171
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,488

    Re: Russia Moves to Deploy Troops in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, the United States is still the bright shining beacon on the hill.
    Only in the sense that we were the last man standing, pretty unscathed thanks to geography, at the end of WWII while the rest of the civilized world was digging itself out of the rubble. We try to maintain that image with a lot of smoke, mirrors, and an underlying kiss my a** or I'll kick your head in foreign policy.

  2. #172
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,538

    Re: Russia Moves to Deploy Troops in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    The only hatred of America I have is imagined by you.

    And it's pretty rich you saying I'm ignorant of history when you're one of the worst revisionists on the site.

    WW2 has no bearing on the current situation or Afghanistan.
    You're the only one talking about Afghanistan.

    WW2 has everything to do with the current situation. You can bet your ass that Putin has read up on that period of history, as well as taken notice of the weakness of current world leaders.

    The history of the Soviet Union and the Cold War are far more important lenses to view the situation through.
    You mean like when The Soviets invaded Hungary and murdered hundreds of civilians? Or when The Soviets invaded Afghanistan and murdered hundreds of thousands of civilians? Oh, wait, you must mean when Stalin starved 5 million people to death, when he cut off food to The Ukraine? Which is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #173
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,538

    Re: Russia Moves to Deploy Troops in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    Only in the sense that we were the last man standing, pretty unscathed thanks to geography, at the end of WWII while the rest of the civilized world was digging itself out of the rubble. We try to maintain that image with a lot of smoke, mirrors, and an underlying kiss my a** or I'll kick your head in foreign policy.
    We were the ones that saved the day, during WW2. You should always, always remember that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #174
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,488

    Re: Russia Moves to Deploy Troops in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    We were the ones that saved the day, during WW2. You should always, always remember that.
    People often have an exaggerated impression of what it was we accomplished during WWII. Our victory was thanks largely to the continued efforts of our allies, no small amount of luck, Hitler's own stupidity, and of course the Russians. You and everyone else should remember that the United States wasn't alone and that many, many people suffered and died to make our job easier and facilitate a victory.

  5. #175
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,538

    Re: Russia Moves to Deploy Troops in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    People often have an exaggerated impression of what it was we accomplished during WWII. Our victory was thanks largely to the continued efforts of our allies, no small amount of luck, Hitler's own stupidity, and of course the Russians. You and everyone else should remember that the United States wasn't alone and that many, many people suffered and died to make our job easier and facilitate a victory.
    The Soviets and the Brits couldn't have won the war without American involvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #176
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,488

    Re: Russia Moves to Deploy Troops in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Soviets and the Brits couldn't have won the war without American involvement.
    Neither could we have won it without the Soviets, British, and French Resistance.

  7. #177
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,538

    Re: Russia Moves to Deploy Troops in Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    Neither could we have won it without the Soviets, British, and French Resistance.
    You're absolutely right, except for the French resistance; their contribution wasn't as significant as most elementary historians like to believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •