Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 34 of 34

Thread: FDA panel debates technique that would create embryos with three genetic parents

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: FDA panel debates technique that would create embryos with three genetic parents

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    You do realise, had this technology been available to Hitler, the Holocaust probably wouldn't have happened? Hitler could have simply ordered all babies genetically manipulated to appear of Aryan stock, rather than killing people he didn't like.

    You know what really made the Holocaust possible? Guns. Do you think we should ban guns?
    If this technology had been around back then, he probably would have attempted to create a race of supermen, and there's no reason to believe that a Holocaust wouldn't have occurred against those "subhumans" already in existence. In fact I have no doubt that, if we remain on our current course, a future Hitler will attempt the creation of a super race.

  2. #32
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: FDA panel debates technique that would create embryos with three genetic parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    If this technology had been around back then, he probably would have attempted to create a race of supermen, and there's no reason to believe that a Holocaust wouldn't have occurred against those "subhumans" already in existence. In fact I have no doubt that, if we remain on our current course, a future Hitler will attempt the creation of a super race.
    So we'll shoot him in the head with our space lasers.

    This wild speculation of yours is not a reason that children should be born with major genetic diseases.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #33
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: FDA panel debates technique that would create embryos with three genetic parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    If this technology had been around back then, he probably would have attempted to create a race of supermen, and there's no reason to believe that a Holocaust wouldn't have occurred against those "subhumans" already in existence. In fact I have no doubt that, if we remain on our current course, a future Hitler will attempt the creation of a super race.
    I don't have a problem with anyone using technology to make a better human. The problem is when you start murdering people. There is a difference.

  4. #34
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: FDA panel debates technique that would create embryos with three genetic parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    I don't have a problem with anyone using technology to make a better human. The problem is when you start murdering people. There is a difference.
    If they can give my kid x-ray vision, I'm getting that kid x-ray vision.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •