Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 171

Thread: Uganda newspaper names 200 'homos' after anti-gay law signed

  1. #51
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Uganda newspaper names 200 'homos' after anti-gay law signed

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    It's the same in principle but not necessarily the same in outcome - of course, to understand principle, you'd have to be able to appreciate that if something is wrong against those you favour, it is also wrong against those you oppose. Fortunately, for me, I appreciate the consistency of principle.
    Someone who compares the newspapers in Uganda calling for the killing of homosexuals by name to a newspaper printing the names of people with gun permits is lecturing us about principle

    Bless your heart, CJ!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #52
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Uganda newspaper names 200 'homos' after anti-gay law signed

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    CCW holders (except under very special circumstances which I am not aware to currently exist) won't have to fear for their lives. Nor would anyone reasonable assume that a CCW holder would be attacked (they have a weapon them!)

    This makes it totally different, due to consequences and understanding of the potential consequences when the names were published.

    In both cases, printing the names of people was unnecessary and a shame, but still, people are probably going to die in the uganda case, and that makes it far, far worse
    CCW Holders and their homes were painted as targets and many from the anti-gun side seemed to think that a 'good' thing. Now...I choose to believe that means that really they only had the best of intention and they really really really really cared about the CCW holder and their families. Therefore, this also must be done to ensure the community protect those 200 homosexuals.

  3. #53
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Uganda newspaper names 200 'homos' after anti-gay law signed

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    It is, look at all the hoopla for years over abortion and homosexuality in which there's been govt involvement.
    My opinion is that they shouldn't be. No government should be telling you who to have sex with or how to have sex with them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #54
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Uganda newspaper names 200 'homos' after anti-gay law signed

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I choose to believe that means that really they only had the best of intention and they really really really really cared about the CCW holder and their families.
    Obvious dishonest post is obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #55
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Uganda newspaper names 200 'homos' after anti-gay law signed

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    CCW Holders and their homes were painted as targets and many from the anti-gun side seemed to think that a 'good' thing. Now...I choose to believe that means that really they only had the best of intention and they really really really really cared about the CCW holder and their families. Therefore, this also must be done to ensure the community protect those 200 homosexuals.
    Funny how when Sarah Palin had a campaign website with several congressional districts held by Democrats "in the sights" targetted for takeover, that was considered incitement of violence and Palin was accused of causing the Giffords shooting in Arizona with zero evidence to suggest it, but the same people can't fathom how "outing" gun owners might subject their homes to burglaries or worse by people looking to acquire guns illegally or worse.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #56
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Uganda newspaper names 200 'homos' after anti-gay law signed

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Funny how when Sarah Palin had a campaign website with several congressional districts held by Democrats "in the sights" targetted for takeover, that was considered incitement of violence and Palin was accused of causing the Giffords shooting in Arizona with zero evidence to suggest it, but the same people can't fathom how "outing" gun owners might subject their homes to burglaries or worse by people looking to acquire guns illegally or worse.
    I thought with a gun they'd be able to protect themselves from being burglarized, and if they're looking to sell illegally it's free advertising.



    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #57
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Uganda newspaper names 200 'homos' after anti-gay law signed

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Obvious dishonest post is obvious
    Wait...you are actually going on the record stating that the liberals and anti-gun types that were gleeful that the CCW holders personal and home information were gleeful because they wanted to see HARM come to them?

    I am...shocked!!!

  8. #58
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Uganda newspaper names 200 'homos' after anti-gay law signed

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Wait...you are actually going on the record stating that the liberals and anti-gun types that were gleeful that the CCW holders personal and home information were gleeful because they wanted to see HARM come to them?

    I am...shocked!!!
    Now, I'm going on record as saying that what you claim you have chosen to believe is not what you have chosen to believe
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #59
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Uganda newspaper names 200 'homos' after anti-gay law signed

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Now, I'm going on record as saying that what you claim you have chosen to believe is not what you have chosen to believe
    You misjudge me. I opt to see the better part of the people YOU apparently think are scumbags.

  10. #60
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Uganda newspaper names 200 'homos' after anti-gay law signed

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    CCW Holders and their homes were painted as targets and many from the anti-gun side seemed to think that a 'good' thing. Now...I choose to believe that means that really they only had the best of intention and they really really really really cared about the CCW holder and their families. Therefore, this also must be done to ensure the community protect those 200 homosexuals.
    That doesn't address my point

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •