Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Ukraine Crisis: Russia Deploys Ships and Troops in Crimea

  1. #1
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Ukraine Crisis: Russia Deploys Ships and Troops in Crimea

    Ukraine Crisis: Russia Deploys Ships and Troops in Crimea

    Russia is believed to be deploying military ships carrying troops in the disputed autonomous Crimea region of Ukraine, as Moscow continues to refuse to recognise the interim administration which has taken control of Kiev.

    Reports suggest the movement of Russia's large landing ship Nikolai Filchenkov, with at least 200 soldiers onboard, at the Russian Black Sea Fleet's base at Sevastopol.

    The ship is said to be accompanied by at least four other vessels with an unknown number of Special Forces Troops onboard, sailing from the Russian port of Anapa to the Crimean/Ukrainian Sevastopol.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  2. #2
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russia Deploys Ships and Troops in Crimea

    It makes sense that Russia is going to be directly involved in a border state in instability.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,399

    Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russia Deploys Ships and Troops in Crimea

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Ukraine Crisis: Russia Deploys Ships and Troops in Crimea

    Russia is believed to be deploying military ships carrying troops in the disputed autonomous Crimea region of Ukraine, as Moscow continues to refuse to recognise the interim administration which has taken control of Kiev.

    Reports suggest the movement of Russia's large landing ship Nikolai Filchenkov, with at least 200 soldiers onboard, at the Russian Black Sea Fleet's base at Sevastopol.

    The ship is said to be accompanied by at least four other vessels with an unknown number of Special Forces Troops onboard, sailing from the Russian port of Anapa to the Crimean/Ukrainian Sevastopol.
    I wonder if Putin will accept losing this old Russian province to Poland, Germany and freinds.

  4. #4
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russia Deploys Ships and Troops in Crimea

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I wonder if Putin will accept losing this old Russian province to Poland, Germany and freinds.
    Rumor has it he wants to rebuild the USSR "you don't how lucky you are, boy" at least an economic one.

    Putin Wants to Create Eurasian Union With Former USSR Countries | Fox News
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  5. #5
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,306

    Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russia Deploys Ships and Troops in Crimea

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I wonder if Putin will accept losing this old Russian province to Poland, Germany and freinds.


    I'd think he'd be delighted to give them Chernobyl and the Western Ukraine Neo-Nazis. Of course, he will immediately charge World market prices for the Natural Gas Russia sends to these areas. You subsidize your friends, not those creating instability in your backyard.

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russia Deploys Ships and Troops in Crimea

    I'll bet Rootin" Tootin' Putin will have his way here as he is prepared to use military while Obama slashes our military to the size it was prior to World War II reducing our ability to do anything for anyone peoples anywhere. The Democrats have replaced the once mighty eagle with a pigeon.
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    11-19-17 @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,858

    Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russia Deploys Ships and Troops in Crimea

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Rumor has it he wants to rebuild the USSR "you don't how lucky you are, boy" at least an economic one.

    Putin Wants to Create Eurasian Union With Former USSR Countries | Fox News
    That's a relief - the last plan I saw regarding Putin's "Eurasian Union" went from the Atlantic coast of Portugal all the way across to Taiwan's coast.

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,399

    Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russia Deploys Ships and Troops in Crimea

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I'd think he'd be delighted to give them Chernobyl and the Western Ukraine Neo-Nazis. Of course, he will immediately charge World market prices for the Natural Gas Russia sends to these areas. You subsidize your friends, not those creating instability in your backyard.
    He has certainly done International Affairs 101. So let's see how the thing plays out. I wonder if the EU's Mr schultz and Lady Ashton have a plan for military involvement.

  9. #9
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,542

    Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russia Deploys Ships and Troops in Crimea

    As much as I abhor Putin and despise him, I would say this would have been pretty typical, Putin or not. If a country that has many ties with you both culturally, linguistically, economically, and politically faced such a situation, a country that doesn't respond this way would be weak country indeed.
    For comparison, think of how the US would react if Canada faced a collapse of governance. Undoubtedly it would immediately send troops, aid, and such to prevent a destabilization of the situation.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  10. #10
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ukraine Crisis: Russia Deploys Ships and Troops in Crimea

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    I'll bet Rootin" Tootin' Putin will have his way here as he is prepared to use military while Obama slashes our military to the size it was prior to World War II reducing our ability to do anything for anyone peoples anywhere. The Democrats have replaced the once mighty eagle with a pigeon.
    Good!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •