Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 277

Thread: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    It's not a "natural" reaction. You've been programmed to think a certain way about gay men and have not had the opportunity to learn how wrong your programming is.
    Oh please, they are sexually attracted to men. There is nothing unnatural or programmed about feeling uncomfortable showering with them.

    What exactly are you afraid will happen? If you have no fears of anything occurring that is against your will the only reason left is because it creeps you out and you are incapable of controlling your feelings and rising above it.
    Sigh. Yes, it creeps me out, and once again, there is nothing wrong with that. It also creeps me out showering with straight guys. It just creeps me out more when they are gay. Understand?

    The shower faculties in locker rooms have always been known to cause people to be uncomfortable and it's about damn time they change them everywhere. The shower facilities should have never been built in a way that everyone was already aware would make people uncomfortable. It was a stupid ass decision and it should be changed.
    Last edited by Henrin; 02-24-14 at 09:38 PM.

  2. #42
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Stupid person, proposing a stupid law that will go absolutely nowhere. Just background noise.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,560

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    This is a passive way of confessing you put words in my mouth. Congratulations. It's a new day.
    Still refusing to answer a simple question I see. People have to put words in your mouth becuase you don't have the courage to speak them yourself

  4. #44
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    My mistake. I guess this is really an isolated incident, and the GOP would never actually consider anything like this. At all.

    Kansas Republicans Violate The Constitution By Passing Anti-Gay Segregation Law
    I suppose you''re deliberately missing my point because an intelligent guy like you surely understands that not everything is black or white. We live in a gray world. You're such a tease!

    But yes, this discussion is regarding an isolated incident. That was my point. I see more and more of these incidents, from both sides, where the most minor functionary is given some sort of luminous credibility.

  5. #45
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    Still refusing to answer a simple question I see. People have to put words in your mouth becuase you don't have the courage to speak them yourself
    You're just a bully and not interested in any real exchange of ideas. You need to go play with someone else please.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  6. #46
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,630

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    No it tells you I care more about practical problems than theoretical ones.
    If you were on a football team with fifty guys... chances are that a couple were gay. But you seem to be OK with it if you dont know who they are. That pretty clearly tells me that you are much more worried about your reaction to being seen by someone you know is gay than someone you dont. I can only surmise its all about the inappropriate wood.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,560

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    You're just a bully and not interested in any real exchange of ideas. You need to go play with someone else please.
    How am I a bully? I just asked you a simple question and you have yet to answer it despite my many requests yet you whine and complain when I assume your answer. You are just arguing to argue.

    My simple point was that the average woman would be just as uncomfortable showering with guys as a guy would be showering with a gay man. You have manged to turn it into a pointless flame war.

    Congratulations you win the internet. Cookie?

  8. #48
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,630

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    I suppose you''re deliberately missing my point because an intelligent guy like you surely understands that not everything is black or white. We live in a gray world. You're such a tease!

    But yes, this discussion is regarding an isolated incident. That was my point. I see more and more of these incidents, from both sides, where the most minor functionary is given some sort of luminous credibility.

    But this is not just isolated. Just ten years ago, the GOP ran on a platform to demonize gays by banning gay marriage. They are still pushing it, albeit a little more quietly. The GOP just threw an anti gay bill up for vote in Kansas to stir up the voters because Brownback is in trouble. They need to do this to pander to the evangelicals, whos turnout is becoming more important to their dwindling base.

    Its part of a larger pattern. And a powerful GOP lobbyist devising this stuff is not going to pass, but it is going to jake up the base come November... which is the point.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  9. #49
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    But this is not just isolated. Just ten years ago, the GOP ran on a platform to demonize gays by banning gay marriage. They are still pushing it, albeit a little more quietly. The GOP just threw an anti gay bill up for vote in Kansas to stir up the voters because Brownback is in trouble. They need to do this to pander to the evangelicals, whos turnout is becoming more important to their dwindling base.

    Its part of a larger pattern. And a powerful GOP lobbyist devising this stuff is not going to pass, but it is going to jake up the base come November... which is the point.
    IMHO, you are wrong about the outcome. There are some GOP candidates, from minor states like Kansas, who market their bigotry as a vote getter. Might work in KS but overall, I think that even the Conservative have conceded the battle for gay equality. So, I think it will have the opposite of its intended effect overall.

    If extremists were running the GOP, Obama would have been opposed by Santorum (not Romney) and there would have been no concessions on the debt ceiling. My Conservative friends, people who pay taxes and vote, do not support extremism. The era of the evangelical is ending in most places. KS is not representative of the USA overall.

    I could be wrong () but I expect the GOP will turn its attention toward fiscal matters rather than social issues.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,560

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    If you were on a football team with fifty guys... chances are that a couple were gay. But you seem to be OK with it if you dont know who they are. That pretty clearly tells me that you are much more worried about your reaction to being seen by someone you know is gay than someone you dont. I can only surmise its all about the inappropriate wood.
    well let it never be said that you keep the shots above the belt. The issue is anxiety. If I don't know there is a guy who could be looking at me why would I care but If I know there is it causes anxiety even it is completely unfounded. In no way do I support banning gays from the NFL or even a DADT NFL policy. I am only pointing out there is clearly an anxiety issue (IMO) just as there would be with co-ed showers. I don't see any one trumpeting those in the name of equality because everyone understands why the need to be separate.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •