Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 277

Thread: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

  1. #211
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Other way around..
    The NFL is not a person with rights.

  2. #212
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You have told me before you believe in natural rights, so why do you believe in this fallacy that all rights are absolute by default?
    No right (in fact, nothing at all) is absolute. All rights are balanced against each other in the creation of US law.

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The NFL is not a person with rights.
    So the people that run the NFL have no rights towards managing the NFL and deciding on who they will associate with? Interesting.

  4. #214
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So the people that run the NFL have no rights towards managing the NFL and deciding on who they will associate with? Interesting.
    They are free to be a part of the NFL or not. The NFL is not a person with rights. The NFL is an organization subject to a legal balancing of rights.

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    No right (in fact, nothing at all) is absolute. All rights are balanced against each other in the creation of US law.
    Sometimes I don't even think you understand rights at all. You jump around from topic to topic between rights arguments without even a care how they go together. First off, since you said before that you believe in natural rights there would be no such thing as a right to not be discriminated against, and therefore, nothing to consider here or balance. Second, rights don't balance each other, but stop where another persons rights begins. A balance would mean that one has to give in to the other, but it doesn't give in, it just didn't ever extend to that point.

  6. #216
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Sometimes I don't even think you understand rights at all.
    Like I give a ****. Your position is ignorant beyond repair.

    Good day.

  7. #217
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    No, the right to play in the NFL does not exist, not for gays and not for anyone. But denying someone the opportunity to play in the NFL, when that person is talented enough (and that a team wants to hire that player) purely on his sexual preference is ridiculous and almost a crime against anything that is decent.
    Meh, doesn't even rise to the level of the extraordinary. Team owners step in and nuke the selection of players their team management wants to hire all the time. For reasons that can be personal or business related. I don't think that is a hill you want to die upon.

    Regardless, again, this legislation is a fantasy of a non-legislator and no legislator has signalled they would touch it with a ten foot pole.

  8. #218
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Like I give a ****. Your position is ignorant beyond repair.

    Good day.
    Of course, if you knew anything about natural rights you would know my argument is exactly right. Also, if you knew anything about the arguments put out by statists you would know that your argument about rights balancing is a statist argument.

  9. #219
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The NFL is not a person with rights.
    According to the SCOTUS they are.

  10. #220
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    According to the SCOTUS they are.
    Not in this context.

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •