Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 277

Thread: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

  1. #121
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I didn't. Apparently regulating private enterprise is perfectly fine with this lobbyist.

    It's good to see that you read. Oh wait....
    Except you said "they" (you know, all us on the right) not "he".

  2. #122
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,202

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Except what exactly is the Republican party supposed to do about this particular one?

    The guy names not a single republican congressman or senator whose supporting his bill.

    No republican group to my knowledge has came out in support of this.

    No right leaning news groups had focused on this story from my quick search last night.

    What you have is one idiot coming out and being an idiot...which frankly, sans illegal action privately or facist action through the law, can't really be definitively stopped...and a bunch of primarily left leaning and/or sports sites picking up the story and pushing it.

    It's "visible" crap because hyper partisans like Threegoofs and Top Cat grab their marching orders from liberal entities and start screaming to high heaven about the "GOP" due to a lone crazy whose credentials are over inflated by said liberal entity. And, not surprisingly, you of course blame the Republicans for that.
    It must be very convenient that nobody represents the views of the right, but the views of everybody else can be easily tidied up with the Obamaphone lady.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #123
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL



    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I didn't. Apparently regulating private enterprise is perfectly fine with this lobbyist.

    It's good to see that you read. Oh wait....
    Actually, it's probably not good for you to see that I read or that I understand grammer.

    The post you responded to had two entities it talked about. One plural (The GOP) and one singular (the lobbyist).

    Your response spoke about the plural, as you talked about what "They" want not what "He" wants, clearly indicating which subject within the quoted post you were referring to.

    I'm sorry that your words gave away your pathetic attempt to hide your clear and purposeful attempt to attack an entire segment of people, but unfortunately yes....people do sometimes actually read what you write and actually respond to what you say.

    However, if you're now wanting to claim that you're clarifying and you don't mean that it's the GOP that you were responding to, go right ahead.

  4. #124
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,202

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Except you said "they" (you know, all us on the right) not "he".
    Well, I assume that he works for some kind of lobbying firm. Usually a firm is more than one person. More than one person = they.

    But once again, you and Zyph know what I really meant.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #125
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Well, I assume that he works for some kind of lobbying firm. Usually a firm is more than one person. More than one person = they.

    But once again, you and Zyph know what I really meant.
    Ok, this is just lame. It's obvious what you meant.

  6. #126
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,202

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post




    Actually, it's probably not good for you to see that I read or that I understand grammer.

    The post you responded to had two entities it talked about. One plural (The GOP) and one singular (the lobbyist).

    Your response spoke about the plural, as you talked about what "They" want not what "He" wants, clearly indicating which subject within the quoted post you were referring to.

    I'm sorry that your words gave away your pathetic attempt to hide your clear and purposeful attempt to attack an entire segment of people, but unfortunately yes....people do sometimes actually read what you write and actually respond to what you say.

    However, if you're now wanting to claim that you're clarifying and you don't mean that it's the GOP that you were responding to, go right ahead.
    Yeah, you know what I really mean. My actual words are of no consequence to you and when it doesn't add up to the blanket attack you want it to be you play grammar games.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #127
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It must be very convenient that nobody represents the views of the right, but the views of everybody else can be easily tidied up with the Obamaphone lady.
    Which would make sense in response to something I said if I've ever in any way suggested that hte Obamaphone Lady or someone like her should be consider a representation of the Democratic Party. Go ahead and find me that quote, but I hope you won't be offended if I don't hold my breath.

  8. #128
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,202

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Ok, this is just lame. It's obvious what you meant.
    Yep, you know what I really meant. I don't.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #129
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Yeah, you know what I really mean.
    No, I know what you really TYPED. The actual words hold all the consequence. If you want to claim you meant something other than what your words said, then you're absolutely free to do that and all of us are free to believe or disbelieve you based on the value we have on your integrity as it relates to your arguments.

    You responded to a post that had both a singular and plural entity, and responded using language that suggested you were speaking of the plural entity. I'm sorry your words were what they were, but I'm not the one that typed them. It's especially confusing since you were suggesting "they" didn't want to regulate public enterprise...something that makes no sense if you were referring to the lobbyist, unless you've seen some other source quoting his stance on reuglation of public enterprises. Personally, I've never heard of the guy so can't speak specifically on his desire to regulate public enterprises (abscent this instance where it's clear he does) but since you CLAIM you were referencing him and not the GOP, I'm guessing you've seen something by him to suggest that was previously his stance?

    Of course, if the "They" you were refering to was the GOP as opposed to this lobbyist, then the post suddenly makes sense since opposition to regulation on public enterprise is a common theme expressed by the GOP.

  10. #130
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,202

    Re: Powerful GOP lobbyist drafts bill to ban gay athletes from playing in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Which would make sense in response to something I said if I've ever in any way suggested that hte Obamaphone Lady or someone like her should be consider a representation of the Democratic Party. Go ahead and find me that quote, but I hope you won't be offended if I don't hold my breath.
    And your and X's pathetic attempts to make this about me would make sense if I said what you both claim I said. Don't let that get in your way though.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •