Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 80

Thread: 5 tycoons who want to close the wealth gap

  1. #31
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 5 tycoons who want to close the wealth gap

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    vs


    You just ****ing called them the Devil. Good gods man, why not label some of us on DP the devil also and make it personal.



    Who the **** do you think you speak for? Who is using a model of "screw them all"? You? YOu are relating the wealthy to literally the Devil, I suspect if we just observe the facts you seem to be ready to burn "witches". Who measures their own life on excess material wealth? Who are these people that you presume to ****ing speak for?

    Your argument is based on a fantasy in your head about things you actually know nothing about as evidenced in your opinion on the matter. You may as well keep appealing to authority as you do in the OP, it's the least offensive of your fallacies.
    I don't understand, could you please rephrase that?
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  2. #32
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,493

    Re: 5 tycoons who want to close the wealth gap

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    I notice you came in here to dump all over grip's well-meaning thread.
    Maybe you should get a grip on your bashing and present your own ideas to take this Nation forward .
    He's referring to the wealthy literally as the Devil. And as such he wants to raise their taxes. Maybe you think being forced to pay even more, for being what someone arbitrarily terms "the Devil", is well-meaning, and I would point out that it's inconsistent with the facts in the thread.

  3. #33
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: 5 tycoons who want to close the wealth gap

    When I got to the Henry Ford example I knew we were confronted with absolute stinking bull****. Ford created the company store. His employees lived in his housing, brought from his stores, bought his vehicles. Any wages he paid them returned right to him. In fact he's the reason we're running vehicles on gasoline. The original diesels ran on peanut oil. Ford happenned to own a lot of oil stock. Got so his employees even bought gasoline from him.

    He refined and locked in modern economic slavery.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,493

    Re: 5 tycoons who want to close the wealth gap

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. Taxes on the wealthy corporations are absurd the way they "dodge, shelter and get breaks". And a realistic, minimum wage increase would benefit everyone, eventually.
    Who are you disagreeing with? Your own link refers primarily to wealth redistribution, primarily taxes on the wealthy, min wage, and salary caps. And you agree with that. Yet you couldn't disagree MORE? !?
    I'd like to see more middle class, not necessarily less wealthy people.
    So let's slow this down.
    Who or what gives you the right to enforce this desire on other people? Remember you first demonized them calling them the Devil. Then claim they don't put employees first, and take a "screw them all" attitude. You are attacking, personally, a wide range of people Do you really yet have the ethical floor to discuss this rationally? Until you recant your earlier hellfire and brimstone, I do not see how you can be serious.

    These "Devil's you insult are the ones actually putting employees first most likely. How many employees have you put first?

  5. #35
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 5 tycoons who want to close the wealth gap

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    He's referring to the wealthy literally as the Devil. And as such he wants to raise their taxes. Maybe you think being forced to pay even more, for being what someone arbitrarily terms "the Devil", is well-meaning, and I would point out that it's inconsistent with the facts in the thread.
    Why is the Devil so bad? Does he make anyone do things? Doesn't he work for God? Enlighten me, inquiring minds want to know?
    Didn't Jesus call Judas the money lover, a devil? By biblical estimation, isn't every sinner a devil at some point?

    You took it too literally, my friend.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  6. #36
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,493

    Re: 5 tycoons who want to close the wealth gap

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    When I got to the Henry Ford example I knew we were confronted with absolute stinking bull****.
    Of course, because you're dealing with people that are clueless. When a company is booming, their margins are such that they can spend 5x what another mature business might spend on employee perks and awesome work quality of life. You know the companies, the ones with gourmet food and transportation services, open/moveable work areas with all the modern creature comforts a human could dream up. And they claim "see they treat their employees well!" Wrong, they can afford to spend 5x as much and it won't even register on their corporate earnings. A hyper competitive grocery chain CANNOT financially do that. Not in any way shape or form. I know software companies that get so much per employee it's just mind boggling. Of course their employees are treated spectacularly in financial terms. Well dur. It's not because they are Angels, it's because their company makes a bloody fortune per headcount. Drives me ****ing crazy.

  7. #37
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 5 tycoons who want to close the wealth gap

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    When I got to the Henry Ford example I knew we were confronted with absolute stinking bull****. Ford created the company store. His employees lived in his housing, brought from his stores, bought his vehicles. Any wages he paid them returned right to him. In fact he's the reason we're running vehicles on gasoline. The original diesels ran on peanut oil. Ford happenned to own a lot of oil stock. Got so his employees even bought gasoline from him.

    He refined and locked in modern economic slavery.
    So you like Ford or you don't?
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  8. #38
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,493

    Re: 5 tycoons who want to close the wealth gap

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Why is the Devil so bad? Does he make anyone do things? Doesn't he work for God? Enlighten me, inquiring minds want to know?
    Didn't Jesus call Judas the money lover, a devil? By biblical estimation, isn't every sinner is a devil at some point?
    Oh boy. Yet your next claim was these' Devil's, (Devil being a compliment according to you!), screw their employees. Maybe you meant that as a positive too!

    You took it too literally, my friend.
    Next time you want to insult an entire group of people, just specifically personally attack me instead. It would be more...ethical. And if that makes you uncomfortable, considering holding your insults and rash generalizations in check, in favor of reasoned discourse.

  9. #39
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 5 tycoons who want to close the wealth gap

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Oh boy. Yet your next claim was these' Devil's, (Devil being a compliment according to you!), screw their employees. Maybe you meant that as a positive too!


    Next time you want to insult an entire group of people, just specifically personally attack me instead. It would be more...ethical. And if that makes you uncomfortable, considering holding your insults and rash generalizations in check, in favor of reasoned discourse.
    I'll do what I want.

    And the devil didn't make me say that....lol
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  10. #40
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,038

    Re: 5 tycoons who want to close the wealth gap

    Quote Originally Posted by Utility Man View Post




    How then do you explain the failure of the war on poverty? 80 years later, and people are poorer than ever (so they tell us) and more dependent on govt. Yet the democrats keep saying just spend a little bit more, tax the rich a little bit more. At what point does their orthodoxy of big govt do down the drain? When they run out of other peoples money?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •