Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 104

Thread: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

  1. #71
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,041
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Perhaps closer to 60/40.
    Blacks voted 88% for John Kerry in 2004. Was it because of John Kerry's race?
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  2. #72
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,180

    Re: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Blacks voted 88% for John Kerry in 2004. Was it because of John Kerry's race?
    You clearly don't understand the point made initially. The point was that in 2008 blacks came out to vote in record numbers - did they do that because of the black specific programs Obama and the Democrats were promoting? They also came out in larger numbers than usual in 2012 - did they do that because Obama did such a great job with black and black youth unemployment?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #73
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,041
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    You clearly don't understand the point made initially. The point was that in 2008 blacks came out to vote in record numbers - did they do that because of the black specific programs Obama and the Democrats were promoting? They also came out in larger numbers than usual in 2012 - did they do that because Obama did such a great job with black and black youth unemployment?
    More people voted in 2008 than in American history. Lot's of records were broken.

    According to CNN exit polls, 93% of African-Americans, 71% of Hispanics and 73% of Asians supported Obama over Romney.
    73% of Asians supported Obama over Romney. Was it because Obama is the name of a city in Japan? Do you think Romney's constantly talking about his "Anglo-Saxon" roots alienated people of other races? You keep talking up Romney without acknowledging his flaws. Is it because he's White?
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  4. #74
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

    Personally, I simply could not vote for Romney based on his personality and constantly revolving positions.....basically I did not trust the man on a deep level.
    I also could not vote for Obama, partially due to loyalty to my party but also due to many of the reasons Romney lost my vote.

    I wasted my vote on a third party candidate who seemed a better fit for my stance.

    Currently my loyalty to the GOP has faded completely due to the "New Breed" of Republicans basically deciding they do not want me in "Their" party anymore...I am far from alone in this, and am sadly watching the possible death of a once great institution. It makes me angry.

  5. #75
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,180

    Re: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    More people voted in 2008 than in American history. Lot's of records were broken.


    73% of Asians supported Obama over Romney. Was it because Obama is the name of a city in Japan? Do you think Romney's constantly talking about his "Anglo-Saxon" roots alienated people of other races? You keep talking up Romney without acknowledging his flaws. Is it because he's White?
    So what's your point?

    I've simply said that more blacks came out to vote than ever before and they came out to vote for the first black person to ever be a major party nominee for the Presidency. If you dispute that, prove me wrong. Tossing all this irrelevant chum into the water doesn't help to make your point clear, if you actually have one.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #76
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,180

    Re: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    Personally, I simply could not vote for Romney based on his personality and constantly revolving positions.....basically I did not trust the man on a deep level.
    I also could not vote for Obama, partially due to loyalty to my party but also due to many of the reasons Romney lost my vote.

    I wasted my vote on a third party candidate who seemed a better fit for my stance.

    Currently my loyalty to the GOP has faded completely due to the "New Breed" of Republicans basically deciding they do not want me in "Their" party anymore...I am far from alone in this, and am sadly watching the possible death of a once great institution. It makes me angry.
    You'll have a good chance to return in 2016 as Jeb Bush will be ther Republican nominee and next President of the United States - he is pretty much the opposite of everything you disliked in Romney/Obama and for that matter, everything Hillary Clinton is not as well.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #77
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    You'll have a good chance to return in 2016 as Jeb Bush will be ther Republican nominee and next President of the United States - he is pretty much the opposite of everything you disliked in Romney/Obama and for that matter, everything Hillary Clinton is not as well.
    I don't know if I can ever vote for another Bush....
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #78
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I don't know if I can ever vote for another Bush....
    I feel your pain although Jeb was a good and popular governor in Florida. I met him at a charity golf outing. He had a firm handshake, looked you in the eye, pretended to care about what you were saying and seemed to be a nice guy. I think though that I am over Republicans more than I'm over Bushs. The problem is that leaves Democrats and I'd rather take an ass whipping than vote for one of them.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  9. #79
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,041
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    So what's your point?

    I've simply said that more blacks came out to vote than ever before and they came out to vote for the first black person to ever be a major party nominee for the Presidency. If you dispute that, prove me wrong. Tossing all this irrelevant chum into the water doesn't help to make your point clear, if you actually have one.
    Actually I'm trying to figure out what your point is...

    Blacks have overwhelmingly voted for Dems for Decades. Lots of records were set in 2009. You're pointing out facts that every informed voter already knows? So what's the relevance or purpose of your posts?

    You're also doing a ridiculous amount of whitewashing of Romney's negatives, as if you can't fathom why people didn't vote for Romney. The multitude of flaws Romney and his campaign had have been well documented and many of them you've tried to trivialize. So what's the point of you posting?

    You clearly think Romney was perfect and it's not up for discussion to you. And you think Blacks overwhelming voted for Obama because he's black despite trends saying otherwise. You're not here to discuss anything so might I recommend you utilize the Blog feature next time?
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  10. #80
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,180

    Re: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I don't know if I can ever vote for another Bush....
    You will, and you'll do it gladly. That's an order

    You may not always have agreed with every action they took, but it's hard to deny that President's Bush 1 and 2 were honorable men and served the Office of President and their country with that sense of honor, both in the position they held and in the way they conducted themselves as men. And Jeb Bush is a very honorable and intelligent man who seeks common ground for the common good and isn't fixated on his own persona. He'll be a terrific President.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •