Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 104

Thread: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

  1. #21
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,177

    Re: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    There are numerous reasons why Romney lost, but the ones you listed are all in your head.

    Two of the many, many reasons Obama was reelected was because of the group of completely unserious candidates the GOP put forth, and how each of them was presented in desperation before finally settling on Romney, who everyone knew was going to be the final candidate anyway. So, 1)when you have candidates like Perry, Cain, Gingrich, Santorum and Bachman, this effectively (fairly or unfairly) paints the entire Republican party as crazy extremists. And 2)When the GOP settles on Romney as if to say, "Fine! Whatever!" they're pretty much communicating that if they're not interested in him, why should we be?

    But keep thinking the real reason is that Obama was handsome and black people like handouts. I want Democrats to be in power more than Republicans.
    You're the second liberal who's alluded to race when there was zero mention of race in my comments. It's a typical liberal argument when it comes to this President - if you have no basis of counter-argument, scream race.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #22
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,956

    Re: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I see - so one fairly innocuous comment, taken out of context and blown up by a media whose goal was to relelect their man, invalidates your perception of Romney's ability to govern and be a strong President.
    It was certainly the most quotable comment, but it was far from the only example of Romney having general disdain or outright contempt for poor people and non-Republicans.

  3. #23
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,177

    Re: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Precisely what I'm talking about: a complete inability to actually engage someone's beliefs, just call them stupid and racist and greedy. Keep doing that, democrats will laugh all the way to reelection.
    Again, keep playing from the liberal handbook and shoot your opponents down with false accusations related to race. I mentioned race NOT ONCE!!

    The stupidity I refer to is an electorate who suffered through 4 years of Obama incompetence and economic disaster with no relief in sight and ran back to the ballot box to give the idiot four more years.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  4. #24
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,956

    Re: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    You're the second liberal who's alluded to race when there was zero mention of race in my comments. It's a typical liberal argument when it comes to this President - if you have no basis of counter-argument, scream race.
    Okay, so you personally did not bring race into it. Have a cookie. Absurd simplifications, including "black people like handouts," have been used to explain their 2012 loss.

  5. #25
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,956

    Re: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Again, keep playing from the liberal handbook and shoot your opponents down with false accusations related to race. I mentioned race NOT ONCE!!

    The stupidity I refer to is an electorate who suffered through 4 years of Obama incompetence and economic disaster with no relief in sight and ran back to the ballot box to give the idiot four more years.
    Which means that...drumroll....Romney didn't present himself as a superior alternative.

  6. #26
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,177

    Re: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    It was certainly the most quotable comment, but it was far from the only example of Romney having general disdain or outright contempt for poor people and non-Republicans.
    Even though he's lived a lifetime that would belie everything you say.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #27
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,177

    Re: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Okay, so you personally did not bring race into it. Have a cookie. Absurd simplifications, including "black people like handouts," have been used to explain their 2012 loss.
    If you're going to engage me in discussion, you can keep your crap about race to yourself - the "absurd simplifications" are on the part of posters like you who have no argument and resort back to their base need to see racism in any criticism of this President.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  8. #28
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,177

    Re: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Which means that...drumroll....Romney didn't present himself as a superior alternative.
    However, which more accurately means....drumroll..... a majority of the electorate were "too stupid" to see him as a superior alternative.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #29
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,956

    Re: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Even though he's lived a lifetime that would belie everything you say.
    Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't, but he didn't present himself as a man who was particularly interested in non-rich Americans. Every time he commented on or interacted with people of even median income levels he regularly portrayed himself as a goofy alien interacting with earthlings for the first time.

  10. #30
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,956

    Re: Republicans Presidential Campaigns

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    However, which more accurately means....drumroll..... a majority of the electorate were "too stupid" to see him as a superior alternative.
    You're right. That must be it. Romney was a totally awesome candidate.

    http://videos.nymag.com/video/Mitt-R...WP7YR3L&t=Mitt Romney Thinks Famous Bakery Cookies Are from 7-11

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •