Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 156

Thread: NYC mayor's SUV caught breaking traffic laws

  1. #141
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: NYC mayor's SUV caught breaking traffic laws

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Once again, NOT exceptions. Not talking exceptions in the post you're responding to. The City has exemption from the state code in favor of their own. The make their own traffic law.
    You are being pedantic.

    I have yet to see anyone post a link to those exemptions.

    Don't care if you think there's a need for them to drive the way they do. They are on duty, on a call and exempt from traffic law, NYC or state. They however, must follow department and city policy.
    I have not seen any evidence that they are exempt from traffic laws.

    You are correct as to perception. So I should check those recent Obama is a hypocite gotcha threads to ensure you are saying the same about that?
    Go right ahead. You won't find me defending any of his statements as being legal to make (or defending them in any way), the way you are doing here.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #142
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: NYC mayor's SUV caught breaking traffic laws

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You are being pedantic.
    No, two different subjects, you just misread the post you were responding to in this case.

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I have yet to see anyone post a link to those exemptions.
    Just posted portions of the NYC code.

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I have not seen any evidence that they are exempt from traffic laws.
    See above

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Go right ahead. You won't find me defending any of his statements as being legal to make (or defending them in any way), the way you are doing here.
    Thanks, I will. And nonsense, you're Mr Semantics. You just don't like it when the foo ****s on the other foot.

  3. #143
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: NYC mayor's SUV caught breaking traffic laws

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, two different subjects, you just misread the post you were responding to in this case.



    Just posted portions of the NYC code.
    Those portions do not say that NYC police officers make their own rules, or that they do not have to stop for stop signs, or can speed




    See above
    Wrong.


    Thanks, I will. And nonsense, you're Mr Semantics. You just don't like it when the foo ****s on the other foot.
    Go ahead. You will not find one word from me defending any lie anyone has told.

    Meanwhile, I'll wait for you to post some evidence that cops can speed and run stop signs whenever they choose to
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #144
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: NYC mayor's SUV caught breaking traffic laws

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Those portions do not say that NYC police officers make their own rules, or that they do not have to stop for stop signs, or can speed
    Heh, now who is being pendantic?

    The code defines police on a call, on duty, as authorized emergency vehicles. The code also exempts authorized emergency vehicles under that definition from ALL traffic law and regulation. That includes speeding and red lights.

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Wrong.
    Huh? How am I wrong about saying I posted the NYC code? You just now responded to the post where I did.

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Go ahead. You will not find one word from me defending any lie anyone has told.
    Not the point and your typical semantic weasel.

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Meanwhile, I'll wait for you to post some evidence that cops can speed and run stop signs whenever they choose to
    Already done. You obviously neither read nor understood the code yet felt compelled to respond to it regardless. Hilarious.

  5. #145
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: NYC mayor's SUV caught breaking traffic laws

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Because as the mayor of New York and the way drugs like cocaine or heroine affect the brain, it would be impossible for him to not impact the lives of others if he were using those drugs. Purchasing drugs also fuels criminal organizations within the city which makes crime worse.

    Speeding doesn't equate to drug use, don't try to make that argument.
    Speeding is much worse than drugs. Don't try to apply logic to my preconceived notions.

    Criminal organizations employ unskilled labor. Speeders employ none. Apples and oranges are fruits.

  6. #146
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: NYC mayor's SUV caught breaking traffic laws

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Heh, now who is being pendantic?
    The code defines police on a call, on duty, as authorized emergency vehicles. The code also exempts authorized emergency vehicles under that definition from ALL traffic law and regulation. That includes speeding and red lights.
    The referenced codes do not say what you claim they say.



    Huh? How am I wrong about saying I posted the NYC code? You just now responded to the post where I did.
    You are wrong to say that code exempts the police from obeying laws concerning speed, stop signs, etc




    Not the point and your typical semantic weasel.
    It is the point. You're defending behavior that is wrong. I don't defend behavior that is wrong.


    Already done. You obviously neither read nor understood the code yet felt compelled to respond to it regardless. Hilarious.
    Wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #147
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: NYC mayor's SUV caught breaking traffic laws

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I implied nothing. You said you were done, and that *was* a surrender. That's not an implication; It's a statement of fact
    Saying you're sick of someone's crap and refuse to deal with it is hardly surrender, liar. Have fun with that.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #148
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: NYC mayor's SUV caught breaking traffic laws

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    this is common knowledge i don't have to point out anything. you have to point out where they can break the law which they can't. they are under the same laws as everyone else unless they are responding to an emergency.

    it doesn't matter if they are on protection detail or not. they are still required to follow any and all traffic laws.
    Okay, great, it's common knowledge and you don't have to prove it because you say so.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: NYC mayor's SUV caught breaking traffic laws

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Speeding is much worse than drugs. Don't try to apply logic to my preconceived notions.

    Criminal organizations employ unskilled labor. Speeders employ none. Apples and oranges are fruits.
    Speeding is not worse than drugs, the rapid deline of your argument into trolling tells me you've just given up.

  10. #150
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: NYC mayor's SUV caught breaking traffic laws

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You haven't a clue.







    http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/downloads/pdf/trafrule.pdf

    On a call and responding to a call are exactly the same thing where it comes to traffic law. And no, any cop, of which there are many in my immediate family will not tell you that. Just as the CHP officers I've grew up with and known for decades won't.

    They won't tell me that, because it just isn't the case.
    Thank you, I had been hunting for that and just couldn't get my keyboard around it for some reason.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •