Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 122

Thread: Boeing Paid No Federal Income Tax Last Year: Analysis

  1. #71
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    re: Boeing Paid No Federal Income Tax Last Year: Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Do you guys even do any research yourself, or just believe what the shrills say?

    I noticed one of the links I found only talked about a tax refund Boeing received, then talked about them not paying taxes using that as an excuse. Looking at their 10-K tells a different story.

    Tell me. If any of you paid taxes throughout the year, then received a tax refund, does that mean you didn't pay taxes?

    I suggest before any of you continue to show ignorance, that you verify the facts. It's easy to search a companies 10-K form Just google "company name 10-k and year."
    I believe that 47% of people don't pay taxes come from those counting people who paid taxes and received refunds.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,277

    re: Boeing Paid No Federal Income Tax Last Year: Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    I believe that 47% of people don't pay taxes come from those counting people who paid taxes and received refunds.
    This is very true. That number comes from the end of year reconciliation. You know, the 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ forms. The 47% of the people that are counted are those who get back every penny back, or get back money they didn't pay. In the case of these corporations, the money claimed is still owed, but deferred. They will end up paying in the end.

    In both cases, the 47% sometimes pays more in FICA than they get back. With the corporations, it is almost certain that these corporations pay far more in the matching payroll taxes to FICA than you think.

  3. #73
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,050

    re: Boeing Paid No Federal Income Tax Last Year: Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    And your point is?

    The usual response when someone applies for unemployment or SNAP or SS Disability is something like "I am entitled to it..I paid into it...I did not write the laws". Boeing, I am assuming, took advantage of all the tax laws legally. And the liberal states that they operate in, like Washington, probably gave them state tax breaks to stay there.

    As much as I think that people and corporations should pay their taxes and not go after every tax loophole that just doesn't seem to be the way things work and it is not the way our legislators designed them.

    But don't be too worried. Corporate taxation is probably the least efficient and effective tax system and lower taxes for them means higher profits and capital gains taxes for their investors.

  4. #74
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    re: Boeing Paid No Federal Income Tax Last Year: Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    This is very true. That number comes from the end of year reconciliation. You know, the 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ forms. The 47% of the people that are counted are those who get back every penny back, or get back money they didn't pay. In the case of these corporations, the money claimed is still owed, but deferred. They will end up paying in the end.

    In both cases, the 47% sometimes pays more in FICA than they get back. With the corporations, it is almost certain that these corporations pay far more in the matching payroll taxes to FICA than you think.
    Deferred?

  5. #75
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,050

    re: Boeing Paid No Federal Income Tax Last Year: Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The money *you* used to buy equipment is depreciated, so you did pay taxes on most of it. Boeing however, did not due to tax breaks that they gave to Boeing.

    Do you think it's fair that they get tax breaks that you do not, or do you think the tax code should apply equally to all businesses?
    It would be fun to do a study, or find a study, that looked at corporate wealth in a country versus per capita income or even income in the bottom quintile (when subsidies are included). It seems to me that one of the traits in undeveloped countries is a poor corporation system and the majority of people being self employed. In Laos, for example, it appears that 90% of the population is self employed, with their little farm, or fishing boat, or motorcycle/taxi, or sidewalk stall to sell merchandise. And the per capital income is $3,000/yr.
    I suppose that we could eliminate corporations and the pooling of capital for building, infrastructure, and hiring people.

    BTW, one of the advantages in the US is anyone can buy stock/equity and take advantage of those tax breaks.
    Last edited by Eric7216; 02-22-14 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Adding BTW line.

  6. #76
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    re: Boeing Paid No Federal Income Tax Last Year: Analysis

    Oh, are you talking about those taxes sitting in offshore tax havens?

    I find it funny those middle income people that don't pay federal income taxes are called freeloaders, while we ignore it from multi billion dollar multinationals.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,277

    re: Boeing Paid No Federal Income Tax Last Year: Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Oh, are you talking about those taxes sitting in offshore tax havens?
    I didn't know taxes went on vacation.

    Care to clarify what you mean, or do you even not know?

  8. #78
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    re: Boeing Paid No Federal Income Tax Last Year: Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric7216 View Post
    It would be fun to do a study, or find a study, that looked at corporate wealth in a country versus per capita income or even income in the bottom quintile (when subsidies are included). It seems to me that one of the traits in undeveloped countries is a poor corporation system and the majority of people being self employed. In Laos, for example, it appears that 90% of the population is self employed, with their little farm, or fishing boat, or motorcycle/taxi, or sidewalk stall to sell merchandise. And the per capital income is $3,000/yr.
    I suppose that we could eliminate corporations and the pooling of capital for building, infrastructure, and hiring people.

    BTW, one of the advantages in the US is anyone can buy stock/equity and take advantage of those tax breaks.
    Mexico's economy harmed hundreds of thousands of its small farmers when big Ag set up. It happens to a lot of undeveloped nations.

    Losing the Farm How Corporate GIobalization Pushes Millions Off the Land and Into Desperation An interview with Anuradha Mittal

  9. #79
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    re: Boeing Paid No Federal Income Tax Last Year: Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I didn't know taxes went on vacation.

    Care to clarify what you mean, or do you even not know?
    Sure, Offshore Tax Deferral | Center for American Progress

  10. #80
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,277

    re: Boeing Paid No Federal Income Tax Last Year: Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    LOL.

    You clearly missed my point.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •