Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 268

Thread: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

  1. #221
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Good catch, but it's mostly beyond the point. Almost all organizations have rules in place to preserve the goals and character of the organization in order to prevent a highjacking from occurring. This was a favorite tactic of American Communist back in the 20-50s. They'd join an organization, scope it out, then they'd organize a mass enrollment where they constituted a majority of the members, call for elections, vote themselves into office, subvert the mission of the organization and reorient it towards some Communist mission and they'd deplete the resources of the organization and then abandon it.

    I'm pretty sure that the NAACP has some provision in its charter to prevent the KKK from mass enrolling, taking over the NAACP and then spending the NAACP resources on KKK propaganda.

    Christian groups on college campuses often admit people who are not Christian but who are curious or working towards adopting the faith. Same with Muslim groups, same with Mormon groups. What they object to, and what college administrator push on them, is to allow such people to lead groups and to change the mission of the group to be more inclusive.

    The NAACP is not race-inclusive in its mission even though it admits some token whites either as spectacles, as supporters of the mission, or as some form of observer.
    Yeah kind of like the tea party.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  2. #222
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Yeah kind of like the tea party.
    And the Obama Campaign staff.


  3. #223
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I would say Black elected conservatives would be the key to that....that is if they weren't automatically dismissed as uncle Toms by the very same black community that has been electing Democrats for 60 years and still live in poverty.
    Granted there are some in our community that would label all black republicans as Uncle Toms, But there is a larger percentage who just view them as brothers or sisters with different opinions. There are a number of black conservatives who have a lot of respect from the black community

    TD Jakes
    Ward Connerly
    Collin Powell
    Ben Carson
    Richard Parson
    Condoleeza Rice

    Just like white America, blacks think differently to. The ones that we call Uncle Toms are some of the black commentators that fox brings on the air for the sole purpose of discrediting black people by saying "hey he is black and they agree with me". Yet those same individuals have never said anything positive about there own people.


    The phrase "Uncle Tom" has also become an epithet for a person who is slavish and excessively subservient to perceived authority figures, particularly a black person who behaves in a subservient manner to white people; or any person perceived to be a participant in the oppression of their own group.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  4. #224
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Granted there are some in our community that would label all black republicans as Uncle Toms, But there is a larger percentage who just view them as brothers or sisters with different opinions.
    I don't see that. From where I sit, you've got the proportions reversed. Frankly, the cohesion in the vote suggests that there must be some cultural signaling and containment going on otherwise the vote would be more diverse, in line with what you claim is the open attitude to political diversity.


    There are a number of black conservatives who have a lot of respect from the black community

    TD Jakes
    Ward Connerly
    Collin Powell
    Ben Carson
    Richard Parson
    Condoleeza Rice

    I'm surprised by your claim that Connerly is respected. I know that a lot of blacks are very upset with him for trying to undo Affirmative Action and they're the only ones I read about. Who is praising Connerly?

    Powell, Rice and Carson I see being praised for their accomplishments, not their political views. Praise for Parson has escaped my attention but I doubt that he's praised for his politics rather than his accomplishment.

  5. #225
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    I don't see that. From where I sit, you've got the proportions reversed. Frankly, the cohesion in the vote suggests that there must be some cultural signaling and containment going on otherwise the vote would be more diverse, in line with what you claim is the open attitude to political diversity
    And where are you sitting from? Where did you get your knowledge from regarding the black community?

    The problem with the republican party dialogue with the minority community is they talk about us as if we are everything that is wrong with this country. Now I am a well educated man who has a great career and do not need anything from the government. I vote democrat because one of the main reason is I feel like a enemy in your party. And there are a lot of blacks just like me that feels this way. Also I take offense by the notion that all minorities are lazy and just want to stay home and live off the government. Back in the 80's my parents struggled and needed government assistance to put food on the table. I remember my dad feeling depress because he couldn't provide for his family for two years. He did little odd jobs like washing cars or doing day laborers jobs so we can keep the lights on. So when I see republicans demonized everyone that needs assistance, I take that very personal.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  6. #226
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    And the Obama Campaign staff.

    And yet your party paints him as a pro black Muslim who wants to oppress white people.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  7. #227
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    I vote democrat because one of the main reason is I feel like a enemy in your party.
    There clearly exist black voters who vote Republican and they don't feel like enemies. You can't erase these people out of the picture. If there was a message being sent out, then these folks would have also gotten the message. They didn't. If you're getting such message then you're picking up a message from somewhere but it isn't from Republicans.

    Also I take offense by the notion that all minorities are lazy and just want to stay home and live off the government.
    If you think that this is the message sent out from Republican Galactic Headquarters, then sure, it makes sense to hold your position. What's evident though is that you have a higher racial solidarity than a political or economic solidarity. That by itself is troubling for a society. Racial blocs within a political system spells trouble.

  8. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad



    Does America EVER stop thinking about race?

    'Black this'; 'White that'; 'Is Racism this'; 'Is Racism that'...it never ends.


    Geez...

  9. #229
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    And yet your party paints him as a pro black Muslim who wants to oppress white people.
    ANd it's awfully strange that a picture supposedly of an Obama campaign office doesn't have one Obama poster or picture in view
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #230
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    ANd it's awfully strange that a picture supposedly of an Obama campaign office doesn't have one Obama poster or picture in view

    LOL. Good point. I just realize that.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •