Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 268

Thread: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

  1. #181
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    It's even more racist to vote for McCain because Obama is black or born in Kenya or a Muslim. Dehumanizing people is what conservatives do best.
    That's like debating who is worse, a national socialist or a socialist. Once you've crossed the Rubicon, then it doesn't matter.

    If someone is voting for Obama because he's black, then that voter has crossed the racist Rubicon. Reasons don't matter so much anymore.

  2. #182
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    If you don't want to be associated with that group then don't make such ridiculous comparisons.
    It's kind of weak tea to simply assert that the comparison is ridiculous, why not instead explain why the principle doesn't apply in this case.

    We don't seem to be in disagreement on the issue of the KKK being a racist group. What we're in disagreement about is whether the NAACP is also a racist group. To declare the NAACP as a racist group doesn't mean that they have to be the equal of the KKK in their tactics. All we require is that they advance policies which are racist - policies which benefit black people at the expense of other people(s). Are you disagreeing with this? Isn't that how we got here? If the NAACP is not racist for advancing policies which promote the interests of black people then shouldn't the KKK also be deemed not racist for their policies which promote the interests of white people?

  3. #183
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Until conservatives start getting off their high horse and actually go to the inner city and start a dialogue with the black community instead of just talking down at us, you will never get us to take you serious.


    Criticizing a group from a distance is not going to win anyone over.
    I would say Black elected conservatives would be the key to that....that is if they weren't automatically dismissed as uncle Toms by the very same black community that has been electing Democrats for 60 years and still live in poverty.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #184
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    2. Since when does the NAACP mandate anything? Since when does the NAACP govern college/university admissions?
    So advocacy without the power to implement policy safeguards an organization from being declared racist. Is that a fair summation of your point? If so, what power does the KKK have to implement the policies which they favor?

    Since when does the NAACP grant government contracts? You may be indicating that colleges, universities, government etc. are racially prejudice in application of their policies, but that doesn't mean the NAACP is.
    The NAACP lobbies politicians, they sue in court to advance their policy goals, they lend their voice in court to work against Affirmative Action reform laws, so they are actively working to influence laws and government in support of their brand of racism. You're saying that this doesn't count as racism so long as they don't have the authority to implement on their own.

    The NAACP pushes for better access for black people to these mostly or partially government funded services. In many cases, your Supreme Court has ruled that such policies are not racially discriminatory because they, in effect, counterbalance racial discrimination that came before them.
    You're wrong on this, but let's pretend that you're correct. A court can make a declaration but that declaration doesn't take precedence over reality. A court can say it's not discrimination to displace a qualified white applicant for admission to university in favor of a lesser qualified black candidate, but the reality is that a qualified white applicant is denied admission and a lesser qualified black candidate is admitted in his place. That's plain old, simple to see, simple to understand, discrimination. The Court saying otherwise is just a legalistic hair splitting, and what it is not is a definition of reality.

  5. #185
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    They do? How about that. I did not know this. You must be a conservative who does know this because you are reporting your first hand experience. Right?
    Well, if 'actions speak louder than words' then I guess I am right.

    It's odd though, I'm a conservative, like you, but I don't feel that way and have never heard any other conservatives express that viewpoint, but then again, conservatism is a broad tent and I shouldn't be surprised that there are people like you who do feel as you do. Thanks for sharing your personal feelings.
    Thats true, you don't represent or speak for all conservatives.

    Keeping minorities or any ethnic group in a state of poverty and chaos in order to control them is as old the hills. Getting them to annilate each other to keep their population down, even better. Right?

  6. #186
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Keeping minorities or any ethnic group in a state of poverty and chaos in order to control them is as old the hills. Getting them to annilate each other to keep their population down, even better. Right?
    This is age-old political strategy. Divide and conquer. This stuff works. Look at the liberal strategy of shoving multiculturalism down our throats. They've even come up with the insane slogan of "Diversity is our strength" and gotten people to buy into that hokum. So no disagreement from me that this is a well known and effective strategy.

    What I'm in the dark about is how conservatives are employing this principle to keep "minorities or any ethnic group in a state of poverty and chaos in order to control them." I agree with you that this would be an effective way of achieving that goal, but how, exactly, are they doing this?

  7. #187
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    That's like debating who is worse, a national socialist or a socialist. Once you've crossed the Rubicon, then it doesn't matter.
    ...or a Bircher vs a tea partier vs libertarian vs conservative. Honestly, I can't tell the difference.

    If someone is voting for Obama because he's black, then that voter has crossed the racist Rubicon. Reasons don't matter so much anymore.
    You forgot one very important variable, the voters were also black. Ergo, your reasoning is flawed. Otherwise by your logic, then anyone who is white and voted for a white candidate is a racist, too. Now here's the kicker, blacks overwhelmingly voted democrat long before Obama ran for office and almost all the candidates were white. Meh, so where's your racism now, eh?

  8. #188
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    You forgot one very important variable, the voters were also black. Ergo, your reasoning is flawed. Otherwise by your logic, then anyone who is white and voted for a white candidate is a racist, too. Now here's the kicker, blacks overwhelmingly voted democrat long before Obama ran for office and almost all the candidates were white. Meh, so where's your racism now, eh?
    It's still there because your explanation doesn't apply. The poll question asked if race of the candidate was the primary reason the voters were voting for the candidate. So a black voter voting for Obama because they liked his position on the Iraq War doesn't count, just like a white voter voting for McCain because they liked his position on capital gains taxes also wouldn't count. Only those voters who voted for McCain because he was white and those voters who voted for Obama because he was black, and this was the primary reason that they cast their vote, are counted.

    I work with a lot of white liberals and you should have seen them crowing about how they were so damn proud of themselves for voting for a black man. Those are the racists we're talking about here, not black voters who voted for Obama because they always vote Democratic straight down the ticket.

  9. #189
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    This is age-old political strategy. Divide and conquer. This stuff works. Look at the liberal strategy of shoving multiculturalism down our throats. They've even come up with the insane slogan of "Diversity is our strength" and gotten people to buy into that hokum. So no disagreement from me that this is a well known and effective strategy.

    What I'm in the dark about is how conservatives are employing this principle to keep "minorities or any ethnic group in a state of poverty and chaos in order to control them." I agree with you that this would be an effective way of achieving that goal, but how, exactly, are they doing this?
    I think it is time people stopped finding ways to divide and start uniting.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  10. #190
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    I think it is time people stopped finding ways to divide and start uniting.
    Sure, that would be very good for society, but it would be terrible for the Democrats. Can you see liberals abandoning multiculturalism, the ultimate in Divide and Conquer strategies, and forcing English-Only policies, shaming people for speaking foreign languages in public, and so on.

    Assimilation is a very worthy goal, but the tactics needed to force people to comply are often not pretty.

    So I'm kind of at a loss as to what specific policies you have in mind.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •