Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 268

Thread: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

  1. #161
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    I don't think it does. I it as a matter of qualifications.

    Unless you can provide evidence that they don't allow white people to apply for leadership positions this conversation is a waste of time.

    White guy photo, fine. They still let white people join.
    So your argument is that the KKK is not a racist organization because they allowed some black men to join them. Are you sure you want to stand pat with that argument?

  2. #162
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    So your argument is that the KKK is not a racist organization because they allowed some black men to join them. Are you sure you want to stand pat with that argument?
    How is that anything close to what I said. It's pretty weak to mangle my words into something that suits you and then expect me to own it. Typical.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  3. #163
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Sorry to jump into the argument, but for you to be correct, you'd have to look at the definition of "discrimination" as well. What does the NAACP do that is based on prejudice against another race? They promote the interests of black people, agreed - but how do they "discriminate" against others?
    Jump in, that's fine.

    Votemout took the time to post a dictionary definition of racism. Here is what he posted

    rac·ism (rā′sĭz′əm)
    n.
    1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

    Either definition #1 or #2 can apply. Neither definition notes that either is dependent on meeting the criteria that you propose.

    When NAACP supports policies which benefit black people and no other people, then they discriminate against those excluded. Support for Affirmative Action in college requires that whites be discriminated against. It's a zero-sum game.

  4. #164
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    How is that anything close to what I said. It's pretty weak to mangle my words into something that suits you and then expect me to own it. Typical.
    Don't get all buttsore. The same principle is in play. Your claim is that if an racial organization admits a person of a different race then it cannot be racist. Well, both the NAACP and the KKK meet that criteria. You claim that this means that the NAACP is not a racist organization. Why then is the KKK if they meet the same criteria?

  5. #165
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    I don't think it does. I it as a matter of qualifications.

    Unless you can provide evidence that they don't allow white people to apply for leadership positions this conversation is a waste of time.

    White guy photo, fine. They still let white people join.
    Good evening OD

    Perhaps some people need to be reminded what NAACP stands for - National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. There are lots of people in America who are supportive of the goal of advancing the interests of colored people, even if they hate the outdated term "colored people". That is why the association has membership from all races and walks of life.

    I'm not aware of any policy or practice of the NAACP that promotes or pushes for discrimination against non-blacks. Nor am I aware of any incidents where the NAACP has promoted prejudice against any other group or race.

    There goals and policies are clearly for the advancement of the interests of black people in America - there's nothing discriminatory nor prejudicial about that and it is therefore in no way racist.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #166
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Don't get all buttsore. The same principle is in play. Your claim is that if an racial organization admits a person of a different race then it cannot be racist. Well, both the NAACP and the KKK meet that criteria. You claim that this means that the NAACP is not a racist organization. Why then is the KKK if they meet the same criteria?
    i never said that. and Buttsore really? How old are you.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  7. #167
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Good evening OD

    Perhaps some people need to be reminded what NAACP stands for - National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. There are lots of people in America who are supportive of the goal of advancing the interests of colored people, even if they hate the outdated term "colored people". That is why the association has membership from all races and walks of life.

    I'm not aware of any policy or practice of the NAACP that promotes or pushes for discrimination against non-blacks. Nor am I aware of any incidents where the NAACP has promoted prejudice against any other group or race.

    There goals and policies are clearly for the advancement of the interests of black people in America - there's nothing discriminatory nor prejudicial about that and it is therefore in no way racist.
    Hello CJ.

    Thank you for summing that up so clearly.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  8. #168
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Jump in, that's fine.

    Votemout took the time to post a dictionary definition of racism. Here is what he posted

    rac·ism (rā′sĭz′əm)
    n.
    1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

    Either definition #1 or #2 can apply. Neither definition notes that either is dependent on meeting the criteria that you propose.

    When NAACP supports policies which benefit black people and no other people, then they discriminate against those excluded. Support for Affirmative Action in college requires that whites be discriminated against. It's a zero-sum game.
    The NAACP does not believe that black people have different human character or ability or that black people are superior to others - part one of the definition does not apply.

    The NAACP does not discriminate against nor promote prejudice against people of other races - support of the advancement and betterment of the lives of one group is not, by definition, support of the disadvancement and worsening of the lives of other groups.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #169
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartmouthwoman View Post
    Sez the poster who refers to 'profilers' in the opening line.

    Define 'profilers,' please.

    Is it THOSE PEOPLE who disagree with you?
    Everyone on the forum knows what "Prolifer" means.You spelled it wrong too. Maybe you should read a little of the forum.

  10. #170
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: "NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born " This is so sad

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    The exist polling from the 2008 Presidential election showed that more racists voted FOR Obama than voted for McCain.
    How did the exit pollsters determine the voters were racists?

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •