Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 216

Thread: 'Joe The Plumber' Describes His New Union Job

  1. #31
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Joe The Plumber' Describes His New Union Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    What's that line that Republicans like to use? Move? Leave? Go to a place where people like you are welcome? Guess he's probably far more comfortable in Illinois' socialist chaos than all those right to work wonder states like Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi. All of which are booming economically right now.
    Yes, that is what the auto industry and most other companies capable of doing have done. LEAVE union shop states where you have to contribute to the Democratic Party if you want a job in that industry.

  2. #32
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Joe The Plumber' Describes His New Union Job

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    The question that begs answering....what is a plumber doing to a Chrysler?
    Are the 2015's gonna have porcelain pony power?



    People who build Chrysler's use plumbing.

  3. #33
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,127

    Re: 'Joe The Plumber' Describes His New Union Job

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    You tell me. You obviously care enough to insult him.
    I didn't insult him. He was a nobody until he became a political pawn.

    I've seen Liberals called much much worse.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #34
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,267

    Re: 'Joe The Plumber' Describes His New Union Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    The reason he needs a job is because he wasn't a politician.
    The reason he needs a job is because he's a ****ing idiot.

  5. #35
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,127

    Re: 'Joe The Plumber' Describes His New Union Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    The reason he needs a job is because he wasn't a politician.
    Not for lack of trying though.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: 'Joe The Plumber' Describes His New Union Job

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Yes, that is what the auto industry and most other companies capable of doing have done. LEAVE union shop states where you have to contribute to the Democratic Party if you want a job in that industry.
    FYI, the majority of cars sold in the world are now sold in countries where there is no right to work, no unions and/or no worker protections i.e. China, India, Brazil. So if they have left, it's not for right to work states, but countries which embrace raw capitalism.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #37
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: 'Joe The Plumber' Describes His New Union Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You don't care about the man but call him a whore and run through your negative version of his biography?? There is too much hate among the Democrats.
    I was responding to a post that portrayed him as a innocent. The fact is he is a publicity whore and most of his problems are his own doing. Do you disagree with that?
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  8. #38
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,266

    Re: 'Joe The Plumber' Describes His New Union Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Samuel Wurzelbacher's encounter with Barack Obama gave some material to Republicans who were eager to brand the Illinois senator a socialist. Today, the man better-known as "Joe The Plumber" has himself a union job.

    It might seem like an odd fate for Wurzelbacher, whose status as a mini celebrity in the 2008 presidential race paved the way for a book deal and a failed congressional bid. A quick scan of his Facebook page makes it clear that he's still the same guy who said last year that America needs a "white Republican president again."


    'Joe The Plumber' Describes His New Union Job, Contemplates The Meaning Of 'Tea Bagger'

    I'm not sure which is funnier...

    That he works for a company that was bailed out, or that he's a union guy now.

    Either way, you can't make this **** up.
    Did he come out against unions? Or did he just ask Obama a question? I suspect that if the guy has been a plumber all his life this isn't the first union he has ever been in. Plus it should be noted that not all union members are lock-step liberals. So whats your point here other than to slam a guy who had the gall to question the Messiah?

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: 'Joe The Plumber' Describes His New Union Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Well, considering that Illinois isn't a Right to Work state he doesn't have a lot of choice on the union thing is he wants to work.
    That's true.

  10. #40
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,867

    Re: 'Joe The Plumber' Describes His New Union Job

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The man said unkind things about Obama that caused some embarrassment to the president. Obviously he should be in prison and if not should be harassed and threatened if he goes in public.

    Obama established a rule for IRS retaliation against small business owners that speak against legislation named after him, "ObamaCare." Isn't it time to outlaw any derogatory or negative statements about him? Many countries have such laws. Shouldn't Obama sign an executive order prohibiting anyone speaking against him, not just small business owners?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •