Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 279

Thread: Ron Paul Launches Clemency Petition For Edward Snowden

  1. #231
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,314

    Re: Ron Paul Launches Clemency Petition For Edward Snowden

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Hahaha! In your opinion it is. That doesn't make it a fact, and a great many constitutional scholars, to include federal judges, disagree with you.

    It's like some of you are physically unable to understand that your opinion didn't necessarily equal a fact.
    It is a FACT that the government breaks the law as it pleases. That is not an opinion, that is a fact.

    For example, just in the past few months James Clapper got up there in front of Congress and under oath, and lied right through is teeth. And he was not charged with perjury.

    Recall that Martha Stewart went to prison for perjury.

  2. #232
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Ron Paul Launches Clemency Petition For Edward Snowden

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So it's not fear that drives people to support the government knowing everything about their citizens?
    Uhhh...knows everything about their citizens? Is that what you're calling metadata storage? loooool
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  3. #233
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Ron Paul Launches Clemency Petition For Edward Snowden

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    It is a FACT that the government breaks the law as it pleases. That is not an opinion, that is a fact.

    For example, just in the past few months James Clapper got up there in front of Congress and under oath, and lied right through is teeth. And he was not charged with perjury.

    Recall that Martha Stewart went to prison for perjury.
    Was it a classified meeting?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #234
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,314

    Re: Ron Paul Launches Clemency Petition For Edward Snowden

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Was it a classified meeting?
    No, it was being filmed on CSPAN and others I presume. I saw it on TV.

    WTF does that have to do with it?

    He was claiming to be telling the truth but was not doing so. Anybody else doing that would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, as the prosecutors brag.

  5. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Ron Paul Launches Clemency Petition For Edward Snowden

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Uhhh...knows everything about their citizens? Is that what you're calling metadata storage? loooool
    Care to tell all the information they can gather from metadata. Keep in mind I know what it is.

    Also keep in mind I don't care one way or the other.

  6. #236
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ron Paul Launches Clemency Petition For Edward Snowden

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Uhhh...knows everything about their citizens? Is that what you're calling metadata storage? loooool
    Senator Church!!!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #237
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Ron Paul Launches Clemency Petition For Edward Snowden

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    You are justifying the means to the ends. He badly damaged the reputation of the country, he stole secrets, he fled to two of our enemies (and yes, Russia and China don't like us). While I am in agreement the NSA stuff is bad... Two wrongs don't make a right. Think about this, he left the USA because the "Government is spying!" and he landed in China and Russia...

    The irony there is palpable.
    I agree. Irony isn't even a strong enough word.

    Actually, in the end, he may yet have done more good than harm. We (the NSA) has been out of line because once the technology has been created, its use is irresistible.

    Obama did put some restrictions on the NSA as a result. Is it true? IDK - I have to assume so until proven otherwise to remain functional. A lot of other countries are examining not only us, but their own governments as well. Hell, we're FINALLY spreading Democracy! So, we may yet come out of this a little freer and be respected for it by the same foreigners that initially we so "shocked".

    We can't stop it but we need to slow it down if we can. Eventually, AI systems will hear everything you say and be able to comprehend your intentions. You think I've read too many Sci-Fi novels? Just look around you and see how technology has by its very nature eaten away the notion of privacy. The proof is already here. Maybe we'll just let it happen but at least Snowden gave us a chance to look.

  8. #238
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ron Paul Launches Clemency Petition For Edward Snowden

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Hahaha okay, well you don't like intelligence agencies. Cool. Unfortunately they're necessary. And he hurt the US by sharing details of them.
    I don't agree we have been harmed. And I believe that Mrs. Merkel should be able to send an intimate text to her husband PRIVATELY. US foreign policy creates enemies, if not for that, we shouldn't be worried about it. And, not all spying on countries is about security.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #239
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Ron Paul Launches Clemency Petition For Edward Snowden

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    'Former Congressman Ron Paul has launched a petition to attempt to garner clemency for NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden. The "Demand Clemency for Edward Snowden" petition includes the clip below, Paul calls on supporters to sign the petition in an attempt to bring Snowden home to the US safely before his temporary visa in Russia expires in July.

    On the heels of his son Rand Paul's lawsuit against the Obama nd the NSA seeking to stop its collection of phone metadata, Ron Paul states "Edward Snowden shocked the world when he exposed the NSA’s illegal and abusive spying program. Instead of applauding him for his bravery and patriotism, the U.S. government labels Snowden a traitor."

    By signing this petition, Paul notes on his Channel's website, "you are telling the US government that Mr. Snowden deserves the right to come home without the fear of persecution or imprisonment."'

    Ron Paul Launches Clemency Petition For Edward Snowden | Zero Hedge
    Good, he should be. In the era of fear mongering and monolithic growth of government, we need people to come forward and report on government transgression. Necessary part to keep the Republic.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #240
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ron Paul Launches Clemency Petition For Edward Snowden

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Good, he should be. In the era of fear mongering and monolithic growth of government, we need people to come forward and report on government transgression. Necessary part to keep the Republic.
    Which makes one wonder why the sentiment isn't universal.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •