Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 146

Thread: 1 in 4 Americans unaware that Earth circles Sun

  1. #91
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,958
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: 1 in 4 Americans unaware that Earth circles Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You have also factor in the folks that call themselves Republican, or Democrat, but don't have any idea what Right Wing and Left Wing are.
    True, but that was just an example.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: 1 in 4 Americans unaware that Earth circles Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Okay, I'm going to be an educated bitch now. In fact the earth does not "circle" the sun, it "orbits" around the sun, it might even "revolve" around the sun, but it isn't a "circle" and unfortunately in today's education-less level, it might give some the idea that orbits are circular, which they effectively are not.
    It is all relative.
    Here is evidence for what you say.


    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #93
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: 1 in 4 Americans unaware that Earth circles Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Who knows, they could have been some of the liberal hipsters that are into the "organic" and "natural" craze and want to claim how vaccines harm children and that anything can be cured through herbs and "alternative" non-science based wives tales and traditional treatments.
    If they do believe in Creationism it's probably to do with Gaia or a holographic universe.

  4. #94
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: 1 in 4 Americans unaware that Earth circles Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I never said there's not. But most creationist or those who believe god created the heavens and the earth also do not dismiss evolution as a fancy. They embrace both. One or the other is not exclusionary. One doesn't have to believe one is right and the other wrong. In other words one can believe god created the earth and mankind, yet believe this process came about through the evolutionary process. .
    That's intelligent design.


    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    The means of how everything was created is not mention, this leaves the gate open to all sorts of interpretations and either acceptance or not of all sorts of theories. But the the main theme not to be debunked, if that is the right word, is god created.

    Evolution or creationism is not take one and leave the other proposition. But who knows what science will discover tomorrow that make a known theory and some call as fact today, yesterdays flat earth or the universe revolves around the earth theory. One can never be sure. The important thing is the quest of knowledge. That is all I am saying and all I have to say.

  5. #95
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,572

    Re: 1 in 4 Americans unaware that Earth circles Sun

    No big surprise. This is why the government we have is such a mess, ventured so far from when it was built. I would guess that every person involved in writing the Constitution would know the facts of the day.

    But we now have a government that is effectively the product of these morons that don't know what time it is. You tell them we are $17,000,000,000,000 in debt, and they go ahead and put people in office that will just make it worse.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  6. #96
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: 1 in 4 Americans unaware that Earth circles Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    1 in 4 Americans unaware that Earth circles Sun




    I thought this article was about America prior to Galileo? Scary....
    Although I wouldn't put it past people to be this dumb, I have to wonder how accurate these results are. I know I frequently pay no attention whatsoever to surveys, and just give random answers. I wonder if that's also true of this one?
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  7. #97
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,061

    Re: 1 in 4 Americans unaware that Earth circles Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Polls are meaningless, except the exit polls, which are about 100% correct. This wasn't an opinion poll, it was a knowledge poll.
    What evidence is there that no one lied? "100% correct" bwahaha were you trying to be funny?

  8. #98
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,061

    Re: 1 in 4 Americans unaware that Earth circles Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    Although I wouldn't put it past people to be this dumb, I have to wonder how accurate these results are. I know I frequently pay no attention whatsoever to surveys, and just give random answers. I wonder if that's also true of this one?
    I often give stupid answers to stupid questions (especially if someone corners me in a mall wanting me to answer some questions for a survey)

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: 1 in 4 Americans unaware that Earth circles Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    That's intelligent design.
    It's also Day-Age Creationism.

  10. #100
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 1 in 4 Americans unaware that Earth circles Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I call bull****.

    People may seem stupid, but they can't be THAT dumb.


    Right?

    RIGHT?
    If they only asked "What is it that plants crave?" we would have gotten a better answer.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •