Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 119

Thread: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

  1. #41
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,290

    Re: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Video @: CNN: PENTAGON ILLEGALLY DESTROYED PHOTOS OF DEAD OSAMA BIN LADEN - YouTube

    Admiral McGraven, "All Photos should be turned over to the CIA, and all should be destroyed". Is this a violation of the law? This does seem ridiculous? Why destroy them? This is not the way the law should be. How many rules were broken with this?
    We need to pressure the intelligence community and the Pentagon with this.
    The Admiral's order would have Navy photos destroyed, but would have no effect on any photos already in CIA hands. So they should ask for CIA photos.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    >“The McRaven ‘destroy them immediately’ email is a smoking gun, revealing both contempt for the rule of law and the American’s people right to know,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “The Obama administration has tried to cover this scandal up – and our lawsuit exposed it. We demand further investigation of the effort to destroy documents about the bin Laden raid.”<
    Americans do not have a right to see those photos, for at least 7 years after they were made, if not longer to protect the technology used in taking those photos.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Anyone that would be pissed off about it already hates us and nothing we do will make them not hate us. That being the reality, it serves as a lame excuse to destroy the historical record of the most important kill we've scored since WW2; unless, of course, there's another motive for destroying the alleged evidence.
    Several points. One is that once again you do not know that you merely believe it. Moreover there is a vast continuum of hatred and dislike and you do not know that the release of these photos would not push people further in a particular direction. Secondly there is a large difference between dislike or hate and choosing to pick up a weapon. Finally the point that it might have encouraged or forced groups to carry out or attempt to carry out heavy attacks to avenge the humiliation of the plastering of his photo around the world that they otherwise would not have.

    Fact of the matter is we don't know and there is reason enough to at least consider those points.

  4. #44
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Several points. One is that once again you do not know that you merely believe it. Moreover there is a vast continuum of hatred and dislike and you do not know that the release of these photos would not push people further in a particular direction. Secondly there is a large difference between dislike or hate and choosing to pick up a weapon. Finally the point that it might have encouraged or forced groups to carry out or attempt to carry out heavy attacks to avenge the humiliation of the plastering of his photo around the world that they otherwise would not have.

    Fact of the matter is we don't know and there is reason enough to at least consider those points.
    J
    How many Islamofacists have stopped hating us, because of our sensitivity attempts? Name one islamofacist group that restated their anti-American platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #45
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    The Pentagon is the civilian part of our military. There is only one person above the Secretary of Defense in the Chain of Command, the Commander in Chief aka POTUS.
    False, the POTUS is outranked by lobbyists, who are outranked by their clients (hedge funds, oil cos., Wallstreet, etc.)

  6. #46
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    J
    How many Islamofacists have stopped hating us, because of our sensitivity attempts? Name one islamofacist group that restated their anti-American platform.
    That isn't what I said.

  7. #47
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    That isn't what I said.
    You claim publicizing these photos could cause retaliation. Show one IF group that has changed it's anti-American platform because of the measures we've taken to appease their sensitivities.

    We've heard time-and-again that these offenses will cause increased retaliatory attacks. Those haven't happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    The Pentagon is largely run by military personnel. Admiral McRaven was the one who supposedly ordered the photos destroyed. I'm sure you know that admiral is a military title.

    I have no idea why they were destroyed. I'd rather they weren't. But like clockwork, you turn this into a civilian vs. military issue and make it All About Obama.
    Under the Goldwater-Nichols Act, in this particular mission the chain of command is POTUS (CnC) to Secretary of Defense Gates to Admiral McRaven who was the commander of Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC). There were only two individuals above McRaven who could have ordered McRaven to have the photos destroyed. Sec. Def. Gates and President Obama. Since Gates in his book has said that he was left out of the loop many times by the Obama White House and second rate incompetent civilians in the White House have been playing generals, it looks like it was Obama or Valerie Jarrett who ordered the photos destroyed.

    BTW: McRaven is known as an Obama yes man.

  9. #49
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,871

    Re: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Under the Goldwater-Nichols Act, in this particular mission the chain of command is POTUS (CnC) to Secretary of Defense Gates to Admiral McRaven who was the commander of Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC). There were only two individuals above McRaven who could have ordered McRaven to have the photos destroyed. Sec. Def. Gates and President Obama. Since Gates in his book has said that he was left out of the loop many times by the Obama White House and second rate incompetent civilians in the White House have been playing generals, it looks like it was Obama or Valerie Jarrett who ordered the photos destroyed.

    BTW: McRaven is known as an Obama yes man.
    You have no way of knowing that it was Obama or Jarrett.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Video @: CNN: PENTAGON ILLEGALLY DESTROYED PHOTOS OF DEAD OSAMA BIN LADEN - YouTube

    Admiral McGraven, "All Photos should be turned over to the CIA, and all should be destroyed". Is this a violation of the law? This does seem ridiculous? Why destroy them? This is not the way the law should be. How many rules were broken with this?
    We need to pressure the intelligence community and the Pentagon with this.
    Yeah, I'm not 100% sure the dude is for real dead. Could be, but all we really have for evidence is the word of our government, and that thing isn't trustworthy in the least.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •