Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 119

Thread: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

  1. #21
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    The conspiracy loons are starting to salivate and fervently thumb their tin foil hats.
    Yeah, but do you ever ask yourself: why was every piece of evidence of the raid and UBL's death destroyed? Why isn't there a single crew member of the Carl Vincent that witnessed the burial at sea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #22
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, but do you ever ask yourself: why was every piece of evidence of the raid and UBL's death destroyed? Why isn't there a single crew member of the Carl Vincent that witnessed the burial at sea?
    I'm hoping it's so that the terrorists wouldn't have anything left to use as a memorial or use in some way. In this instance I think it's good we were secretive. I don't deny that some movie depicting OBL still alive and being questioned in an underground bunker may make a good premise to build off of... but I'm hoping that still is the stuff of struggling hollywood writers.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #23
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    The Pentagon is the civilian part of our military. There is only one person above the Secretary of Defense in the Chain of Command, the Commander in Chief aka POTUS.

    What is Obama hiding ?
    Probably that OBL likely died of kidney failure before the "war on terror" was ramped up.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #24
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I'm hoping it's so that the terrorists wouldn't have anything left to use as a memorial or use in some way. In this instance I think it's good we were secretive. I don't deny that some movie depicting OBL still alive and being questioned in an underground bunker may make a good premise to build off of... but I'm hoping that still is the stuff of struggling hollywood writers.
    I think that's a weak excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    If Osama bin Laden wasn't killed, where is he now?
    Oh, he's still very dead!!

    ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- Pakistan's president says he thinks Osama bin Laden is most likely dead because the suspected terrorist has been unable to get treatment for his kidney disease.

    Musharraf said Pakistan knew bin Laden took two dialysis machines into Afghanistan. "One was specifically for his own personal use," he said.

    This is from a 2002 interview.

    http://edition.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/as...rraf.binladen/
    Last edited by Montecresto; 02-12-14 at 01:27 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #26
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I think that's a weak excuse.
    Perhaps weak, but symbolism is a powerful thing and deprivation of it for their leader OBL seems appropriate. I'll need a helluva lot more evidence to change my opinion, while a simple lack of evidence doesn't say much. As much as I detest this President and everything he stands for, he did stumble and do something good in this instance. He waved it in front of our faces enough... but I don't think there's much for a conspiracy theorist to work with in this case, and that's a good thing.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #27
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Perhaps weak, but symbolism is a powerful thing and deprivation of it for their leader OBL seems appropriate. I'll need a helluva lot more evidence to change my opinion, while a simple lack of evidence doesn't say much. As much as I detest this President and everything he stands for, he did stumble and do something good in this instance. He waved it in front of our faces enough... but I don't think there's much for a conspiracy theorist to work with in this case, and that's a good thing.
    The Islamofacists aren't going to hate us anymore than they already do, just because we offed UBL.

    They know we offed UBL; or do they? Do they already know that UBL was dead long before the raid on Abottabad?

    My point is, since the IF's are going to hate us anyway and they're going to come up with anti-American propaganda even if they have to lie; what difference does it make if we publicize the evidence of UBL's termination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #28
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Islamofacists aren't going to hate us anymore than they already do, just because we offed UBL.

    They know we offed UBL; or do they? Do they already know that UBL was dead long before the raid on Abottabad?

    My point is, since the IF's are going to hate us anyway and they're going to come up with anti-American propaganda even if they have to lie; what difference does it make if we publicize the evidence of UBL's termination.
    Let's say we had hours of tape, names, ranks of the men who were there dumping OBL's body in the water, reams of pictures of dead OBL.... The islamofascists in this case are irrelevant - but you're right they won't hate us any more or less. What the islamofascists believe or do not believe he's dead - does it matter? Do we care? I think everyone is agreement that OBL is no longer consulting Al Qaeda. It may not make a difference if we publicize it, but I don't get the benefit of doing so.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #29
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    If Osama bin Laden wasn't killed, where is he now?
    Osama and Obama, with a one letter difference in their "names" have never been seen at the same time despite them both being famous.








  10. #30
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: Cnn: Pentagon illegally destroyed photos of dead osama bin laden

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    So the body was dumped at sea, all the photo evidence is destroyed, the SEAL Team that conducted the raid died soon after in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan. So no evidence now exists that the attack actually happened.

    I'm not a conspiracy nut, but that is a rather alarming series of coincidences that essentially erased all evidence of the mission from the history books.
    The SEAL team didn't all die. One of them wrote a book, for crying out loud.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •