Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 135

Thread: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is too

  1. #71
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    78,002

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    That's not the definition of "racist."


    rac·ist
    [rey-sist]
    noun
    1.
    a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that a certain human race is superior to any or all others.


    rac·ism
    [rey-siz-uhm]
    noun
    1.
    a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
    2.
    a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
    3.
    hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

    But yeah yeah yeah, liberals are the Real Racists for pointing out when stuff is racist.
    That voids 90% of the accusations of racism the Libbos have been crying about for the past 30 odd years.

    Thanks for posting that, because now we know that it isn't racist to crticize Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #72
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,469

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Again, using YOUR logic, Beck, Limbaugh, and all those blowhards represent conservatives then right?
    Clarence Thomas has been accused of being an Uncle Tom by blacks and the left since he was elevated to national prominence. It's no secret except perhaps to you. Embrace the causes and cliches your fellow political travelers support. I don't support any of it, and you know nothing of how I think. My original response to a post served to demonstrate that the post I responded to was full of it. The political left has excoriated Justice Thomas routinely and not solely based on his rendered opinions, as the label applied demonstrates sufficiently.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Clarence Thomas has been accused of being an Uncle Tom by blacks and the left since he was elevated to national prominence. It's no secret except perhaps to you. Embrace the causes and cliches your fellow political travelers support. I don't support any of it, and you know nothing of how I think. My original response to a post served to demonstrate that the post I responded to was full of it. The political left has excoriated Justice Thomas routinely and not solely based on his rendered opinions, as the label applied demonstrates sufficiently.
    Again, you claim "the left" as a whole did this which IS BS. If your bar is set so low, then I guess using YOUR logic, you are represented by Beck and the others.

    I personally am not driven by what anyone says and noone represents me, yet you claim "the left" as a whole which is BS.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That voids 90% of the accusations of racism the Libbos have been crying about for the past 30 odd years.

    Thanks for posting that, because now we know that it isn't racist to crticize Obama.
    Yes, you are correct. And I would wager the majority criticizing Obama aren't racists, but some are. My Uncle on my wife's side is the perfect example of that. But I would agree the majority of Obama's criticizers are not racist.

  5. #75
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    78,002

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, you are correct. And I would wager the majority criticizing Obama aren't racists, but some are. My Uncle on my wife's side is the perfect example of that. But I would agree the majority of Obama's criticizers are not racist.
    No doubt, but crticism of Obama isn't racist. It's not racist to call The Affordable Care Act, "Obamacare".

    I'm sure that some people who crticized Bush were racists, but most weren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #76
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,469

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Again, you claim "the left" as a whole did this which IS BS. If your bar is set so low, then I guess using YOUR logic, you are represented by Beck and the others.

    I personally am not driven by what anyone says and noone represents me, yet you claim "the left" as a whole which is BS.
    What's this YOUR logic business? I simply offered what is indisputably the truth and documented it. I can offer more documentation if it's required. There's tons of it. If the shoe doesn't fit you, then fine. Why would you argue if it doesn't? If you don't think Thomas is an Uncle Tom, then good for you. Many on the left do, as I can easily show. When confronted by the reality much of the left espouses, many object - except when it comes to elections and the possibility that additional personal smears will work their magic. Again, my post was directed toward a comment I can easily dismiss as garbage. I think you're a little too offended.

  7. #77
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-26-17 @ 12:12 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by beachbabe View Post
    It's funny. My husband is black. I am white. When we lived in Baltimore we got more racist comments from blacks the whites. He would constantly get snide comments from black women when we went out to clubs. Some of his co-workers and friends had a real problem with him being with a white woman. Said he was a sell out. I had more then a few black women tell me I was stealing their men, that i should stick with my own kind. The white people really didn't give a crap one way or another. Now that we live in the country where it's 99% white we get a few nasty looks from some of the old timers who will never accept inter-racial marriages, but for the most part he and I are accepted as just an average married couple. Race isn't an issue. I was surprised by this. My husband wasn't.
    Curiously it seem whites are the least "racist," and I would put Latinos as the next least.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No doubt, but crticism of Obama isn't racist. It's not racist to call The Affordable Care Act, "Obamacare".

    I'm sure that some people who crticized Bush were racists, but most weren't.
    I Agree with you there.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Thanks for posting that, because now we know that it isn't racist to crticize Obama.
    It very likely is indeed if you can't articulate any other actual reason for it. Racism is quite properly and reasonably seen as the default explanation for a great deal of what is said by critics about Obama. The absence of any credible alternative explanation makes that so.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No doubt, but crticism of Obama isn't racist. It's not racist to call The Affordable Care Act, "Obamacare".
    Really?

    A. PPACA is more than 2,000 pages long. No one knows what's in it.
    B. PPACA doesn't do anything to lower healthcare costs.

    Is the contradiction here apparent enough or does it need to be spelled out?

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •