Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 135

Thread: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is too

  1. #61
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I'm not back pedaling, although do understand how you could see it that way. Emotions - anger, self pity, fear or whatever had no value in my childhood and were only very detrimental that could bring severe harm. There was no sense of such things as right or wrong, fairness or justice because they did not exist. Just reality and questions of power. The only outward display of emotions that made sense were tactical. Internally they were only dangerous distractions that could break a person. My responses were tactical for my self interests and to calculate what I needed to do.

    As an adult it was very rare that I would become angry and if so it would be displayed in sudden violence - which would be about someone hurting a child or woman, not me. If violence was about me, it was tactical, not emotional. This, of course, is generally not acceptable in civilized society's laws or conduct expectations. I see value in aggressiveness and in being tactical, but not in anger or fear or self pity. I doubt anyone who has ever known me would use the word "nice."

    But rather than go further down this path, I do understand why in the context of most people you would conclude that questioning the value of angry would equate to being submissive and nice. If it is to my best tactical advantage or to reach a goal I will be submissive. I do not make myself a victim nor ever accept that I am one. I can accept reality for what it is. I think it best to just leave it at that.
    As soon as I see the word "violence" I get why you're not understanding my position. I am able to be angry and at the same time do no violence. Apparently to you anger, frustration, and other similar motivating responses equate violence. To me that don't.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    What about people who support him because he's black? Is that equally racism?

    And then there are those on this thread ("liberal/progressive") arguing that since there is no claiming of racial inferiority, it isn't racism at all.

    Yes, there is racism in the country. No, I do not think it is 1/10th what the media and press try to make it to be.
    It depends on WHY they are supporting Obama because he is black. If the people supporting him because he is black did so because they thought black people are a superior race or because they thought whites and others inferior, that would be racism.

    However, if people support him because he is the first black president, that isn't racism by definition.

    Definition of racism:

    1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

    2: racial prejudice or discrimination
    Now, I'm not going to say race isn't a factor, but it isn't racism to support a black president because he is black as long as there isn't prejudice towards other races or someone feels other races inferior.

    I also realize the double edged sword in the fact that if a white person supported say a white woman being president, they would probably (wrongly) get called a racist by the Al Sharptons of the world if the roles were reveresed.

  3. #63
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,267

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Oh, bull****. Liberals don't dislike Clarence Thomas because he's some sort of "Uncle Tom." Liberals don't like Clarence Thomas because he votes in lockstep with Antonin Scalia, who liberals also don't like. Does that mean that liberals are biased against Italians because liberals don't like Fat Tony?

    Liberals don't like Clarence Thomas because he rules against liberal interests.
    Democratic lawmaker hits justice as 'Uncle Thomas' - Washington Times

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    So that Dem represents ALL the liberals? Come on really? That's like saying Rush Limbaugh represents ALL conservatives.

    There are idiots on all sides. There was a post the other day about a radio caller wanting Obama executed, but I guess they represent all conservatives too right?

  5. #65
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I agree there is a difference between racism and racialism, but democrats are more racist as a whole. They are the ones that cannot be colorblind, and insist on quota systems. The use of a quota system for example implies that blacks cannot compete on an equal playing field, and that makes it a racist idea.
    They do some of this out of self preservation both politically and from a power base. Keeping race as an issue is far too important as simply such an accusation can shut down real debate, real issues or one's opponent immediately. No other issue will do such a thing in our society.

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    These types of arguments on the right imply that Blacks and other minorities are a bunch of idiots. Otherwise why would the vast, vast, vast majority of them always vote Democrat?
    Because Democrats promote the welfare state, they provide things "free" to minorities especially those in the urban locations, and use scare tactics on them telling them if they vote for a Republican they will take this away from you. Democrats have over the past three or four decades created a dependency class that make up a majority of minorities, primarily to keep Democrats in office.

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    If the Democrats are the real racists then obviously minorities are stupid right?
    Far from it, but they've been manipulated for so long, and made dependent while being provided sub standard educational opportunities, what other choices do they really have?


    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Perhaps the Democrats are not the racist party after all. I don't think the Republican Party is either, but there sure as hell is a lot more confederate flag waving rednecks voting Republican than Democrat.
    Democrats I don't think are "racist" but many use race as a wedge for mostly a political gain. They spread that throughout some regions and states and there are still all too many who believes whitey is the enemy. Of course there are still racists of all colors and creeds out there - but the hucksters, the manipulators are tolerated by Democrats and even embraced, while they are shunned and ostracized in any other political party. The right thing to do is shun and ostracize them in ALL political and social areas.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Really? Do you or him believe a word you say?

    ...

    Same with George Zimmerman. He never said blacks are inferior. So all that a LIE LIE LIE too right? From now on, neither of you should EVER use the words racism and racist UNLESS you can show the person specifically declared another race is inferior.
    If a lie will benefit the end goal, and race can be used to do it - it's used all to often by the media, by minority leaders, by whomever. The longer we allow race to be used as a bludgeon to shut down discussion, to hurt political opponents while our media loves to pour fuel on the fire because it brings in more viewers which equals more market share which equals more advertising money... we will be in this rut for a long time. We need more Bill Cosby's and make extinct the Sharptons and Jesse Jacksons of the world.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #66
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,267

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So that Dem represents ALL the liberals? Come on really? That's like saying Rush Limbaugh represents ALL conservatives.

    There are idiots on all sides. There was a post the other day about a radio caller wanting Obama executed, but I guess they represent all conservatives too right?
    Oh c'mon. Winkler represents a district in Minnesota, so I guess it's just the liberals in that district, or so you'd have me believe. How many times has the left taken comments from some nut like Aiken or a similar polemic extreme and made them into a war on women or some such tripe that is the stock in trade of much of the left, including the president himself. Winkler is a Harvard graduate, so he must be correct. You guys just don't like it when your own political tactics are applied to you.

  7. #67
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    As soon as I see the word "violence" I get why you're not understanding my position. I am able to be angry and at the same time do no violence. Apparently to you anger, frustration, and other similar motivating responses equate violence. To me that don't.
    I don't really become angry. Violence isn't (I hope its become "wasn't) about anger. It was about safety, my job or - rarely - some phobic thing (that possibly could be called anger). I use to function internally and externally very simplistically. As an analogy, do animals "get angry?" I don't think so. I do think they can go into a rage and that violence animals do is about survival, not emotionalism. But I don't know that we are in disagreement about anything of this in particular, just different personalities on this topic. Sorry if I took it too much off point or got too personal on this.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Oh c'mon. Winkler represents a district in Minnesota, so I guess it's just the liberals in that district, or so you'd have me believe. How many times has the left taken comments from some nut like Aiken or a similar polemic extreme and made them into a war on women or some such tripe that is the stock in trade of much of the left, including the president himself. Winkler is a Harvard graduate, so he must be correct. You guys just don't like it when your own political tactics are applied to you.
    LOL you don't even know my politics so don't pretend to understand. So then we can apply some nutjob to all you conservatives then right?

  9. #69
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,267

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    LOL you don't even know my politics so don't pretend to understand. So then we can apply some nutjob to all you conservatives then right?
    But you know mine, huh? Here's a sampling of something thoughtfully provided by the left here today: http:// RWW News: Beck Reviews 'The Monuments Men' By Blaming 'Progressives' For The Holocaus

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    But you know mine, huh? Here's a sampling of something thoughtfully provided by the left here today: http:// RWW News: Beck Reviews 'The Monuments Men' By Blaming 'Progressives' For The Holocaus
    Again, using YOUR logic, Beck, Limbaugh, and all those blowhards represent conservatives then right?

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •