Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 135

Thread: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is too

  1. #11
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    These types of arguments on the right imply that Blacks and other minorities are a bunch of idiots. Otherwise why would the vast, vast, vast majority of them always vote Democrat? If the Democrats are the real racists then obviously minorities are stupid right? Perhaps the Democrats are not the racist party after all. I don't think the Republican Party is either, but there sure as hell is a lot more confederate flag waving rednecks voting Republican than Democrat.
    Y'know I think you're trying to be fair in that comment but you're not being realistic. Seriously look at the make up of the pols in the Republican party from local to federal level... dramatically white, and mostly men. As well go back and review the 2012 RNC convention.... Sorry, they can spout whatever they like, the proof is in the pudding so to speak. The pudding is very very white. If they aren't racist, what is it?
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  2. #12
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    That's not the definition of "racist."


    rac·ist
    [rey-sist]
    noun
    1.
    a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that a certain human race is superior to any or all others.


    rac·ism
    [rey-siz-uhm]
    noun
    1.
    a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
    2.
    a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
    3.
    hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

    But yeah yeah yeah, liberals are the Real Racists for pointing out when stuff is racist.
    Yeah, next you'll be quoting some dictionary of how marriage is between a man and a woman to justify bigotry against gays the way you try to use that definition to claim racism isn't racism at all - thus your proof you aren't - a technical defense for your racist messages claiming "racism" is not the technically correct word.

    And you now are also claiming that people who hate Obama because of his race aren't racists either because that does not mean they think his race if inferior. I say such people are racist. You claim people who hate people because of their race are not. No surprises. Naturally, you will defend racism for rather obvious reason of explaining how racism then doesn't attach to your messages.

    Race supremacy is a different matter is only one aspect of "racism."

  3. #13
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,702

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    I suspect that those northerners hate Thomas for what he believes and what he does, not for the color of his skin.
    Although it's also hard to deny that many of those same Northeast individuals might be struck clueless as to why Thomas believes in what he does, given the collective experience of individuals with his color of skin.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  4. #14
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I agree there is a difference between racism and racialism, but democrats are more racist as a whole. They are the ones that cannot be colorblind, and insist on quota systems. The use of a quota system for example implies that blacks cannot compete on an equal playing field, and that makes it a racist idea.
    This isn't the only explanation for why a quota system would be beneficial. Another explanation might be the one that Liberals have actually been using. Why not address that argument instead of trying to paint people.
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

  5. #15
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,903

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Yeah, next you'll be quoting some dictionary of how marriage is between a man and a woman to justify bigotry against gays the way you try to use that definition to claim racism isn't racism at all - thus your proof you aren't - a technical defense for your racist messages claiming "racism" is not the technically correct word.

    And you now are also claiming that people who hate Obama because of his race aren't racists either because that does not mean they think his race if inferior. I say such people are racist. You claim people who hate people because of their race are not. No surprises. Naturally, you will defend racism for rather obvious reason of explaining how racism then doesn't attach to your messages.

    Race supremacy is a different matter is only one aspect of "racism."
    I'm not defending racism. I'm saying that what you claim is racism isn't racism. You are attempting to change the definition of the word "racist" in order to call your political opposites racists. That's painfully dishonest.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #16
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,702

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I agree there is a difference between racism and racialism, but democrats are more racist as a whole. They are the ones that cannot be colorblind, and insist on quota systems. The use of a quota system for example implies that blacks cannot compete on an equal playing field, and that makes it a racist idea.
    Except their argument is that many African Americans cannot compete on an equal playing field, because various realms of society arbitrarily or systematically place them at a disadvantage. This would then insinuate that it isn't the quota system that is the barrier to "colorblindness" but rather it is the status-quo.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #17
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Y'know I think you're trying to be fair in that comment but you're not being realistic. Seriously look at the make up of the pols in the Republican party from local to federal level... dramatically white, and mostly men. As well go back and review the 2012 RNC convention.... Sorry, they can spout whatever they like, the proof is in the pudding so to speak. The pudding is very very white. If they aren't racist, what is it?
    Not as "racist" as African-Americans by your definition of racism.

    There also a real risk of social isolation and worse in many settings if an African-American is Republican when it gets to ordinary folks.

  8. #18
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Although it's also hard to deny that many of those same Northeast individuals might be struck clueless as to why Thomas believes in what he does, given the collective experience of individuals with his color of skin.
    True but that supports the idea that they are not racist since it basically says, if his views were different, ie more understandable given his perceived ethnic background, they would be likely to like him. Hence it isn't the color of his skin.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  9. #19
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    Bingo!!
    Yeah that's right. He doesn't act or talk like an African-American is supposed to and they hate him for his refusal to act right for his race. You got it exactly correct. Hell, he forgets his race all the time and what is more despicable than that to white liberals?

  10. #20
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    True but that supports the idea that they are not racist since it basically says, if his views were different, ie more understandable given his perceived ethnic background, they would be likely to like him. Hence it isn't the color of his skin.
    All he had to do was act black by doing and saying what white liberal democrats tell him. Then they'd like him.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •