Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 135

Thread: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is too

  1. #101
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I'm not reducing it to racial politics (it certainly wasn't racism), but it's hard to deny that Bush was under pressure to nominate another African-American to replace Marshall.
    No, I'm saying if apdst made a similar suggestion, that someone was appointed due to identity politics, you would be howling about racism. But yes, I agree race was the main motivator behind the Thomas appointment

  2. #102
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-29-17 @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    My husband grew up poor in a very liberal black family. His mom n sister have been on welfare for the better part of their lives. When I met him in 18 years ago he was just starting out in his career after a very rough time in his teens n 20s. He was, as he put it, a "typical inner city black man with no future"; he was very liberal and angry. I, being a southern white conservative, had absolutely nothing in common with him, yet we clicked. As he grew more successful I saw the slow but definite change in his views. His mother n sister refused to accept me into the family and the more successful he became then more his mother accused of trying to be like "whitey". He started to see his family not as victims of racism but as victims of the black establishment. Why is a black man who is successful and conservative a "trader" to the black community? According to my husband it's envy and hate. The leaders of the black community don't want blacks to succeed. If they do, then the power is lost. My husband didn't vote for Obama in either election because of his policies n liberal views. But his family thinks it's because he has been brain washed by the white community. That living and working around successful whites has made him forget where he came from. On the contrary, being around successful whites has made him only try harder to be the best in his field. He wanted the whites he worked with to see he made it because of his hard work and not because he needed affirmative action to get where he was. I admit, it hasn't been easy for him. His family, still after all these years, hardly speak to me, they don't invite us to family functions, and his sister n her boyfriend think he is an "Uncle Tom". The fact that, in spite of all this, he still loves his family and helps them financially makes me love him all the more. I have also noticed that as much as his family ridicules him for his success, they always, always take his money. Is it coincidence that my husband n Justice Thomas have that same common theme weaved throughout their lives? My husband doesn't think so. He knows how hateful the black community can be to those that dare to try to get out of the ghetto. You would think that that kinda of success would be celebrated, but it's not. As for my family, they love him like a son n accepted him the minute I brought him home to meet them. Go figure

  3. #103
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,146

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No, I'm saying if apdst made a similar suggestion, that someone was appointed due to identity politics, you would be howling about racism. But yes, I agree race was the main motivator behind the Thomas appointment
    You've got me lumped in with every other liberal. Common mistake. But you wouldn't know the difference.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #104
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,354

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So Thomas was selected because NO other judge had his credentials? I know that's what Bush said, but even you aren't that naive. Or are you?

    I don't have the final list that he was picking from to look at everyone's qualifications, but I find it hard to believe that no other judge regardless of race could match them.
    Then, why don't you go find it, before making blindly racist comments and effectively calling Clarence Thomas a token nigger?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #105
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,354

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    You've got me lumped in with every other liberal. Common mistake. But you wouldn't know the difference.
    Dr. Chuckles is right and you know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #106
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,146

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Then, why don't you go find it, before making blindly racist comments and effectively calling Clarence Thomas a token nigger?
    I didn't call him anything. You're the one tossing out the phrase "token nigger." In fact, you're the only one doing so.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #107
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,146

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Dr. Chuckles is right and you know it.
    Find it then. Either of you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #108
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,354

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I didn't call him anything. You're the one tossing out the phrase "token nigger." In fact, you're the only one doing so.
    Nice try, but when you say that Clarence Thomas was selected strictly because he's black, you're effectively claiming he's a token nigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #109
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,146

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Nice try, but when you say that Clarence Thomas was selected strictly because he's black, you're effectively claiming he's a token nigger.
    Still tossing it out there to sound inflammatory. You're just going to keep saying it until people believe that I called him that.

    I didn't say race was the only factor, but I'm also not stupid enough to think it's a coincidence. I said he was the most qualified black conservative judge out there.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #110
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,354

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Still tossing it out there to sound inflammatory. You're just going to keep saying it until people believe that I called him that.

    I didn't say race was the only factor, but I'm also not stupid enough to think it's a coincidence. I said he was the most qualified black conservative judge out there.
    That's exactly what you said!

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    If it wasn't for Justice Thomas' race, he wouldn't have been appointed. At least not when he was. President Bush (the first) was under pressure to replace Thurgood Marshall with another black face. So he picked the most qualified black conservative judge. It's not a coincidence that he replaced Marshall.
    My friend, put the shovel down. You've exposed your racism, enough. We get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •