Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 135

Thread: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is too

  1. #91
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,552

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Nobody said it was.
    Right! Nobody!

    MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word - Washington Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #92
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,552

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    No doubt there were many qualified liberal black judges, but there really wasn't any chance that Bush was going to choose one of them. He got picked partially because they wanted to replace the black guy with another black guy. So they found a Conservative black guy.
    So, basically you're saying that Thomas is a token nigger?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #93
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, basically you're saying that Thomas is a token nigger?
    He didn't call him a nigger. he said he was appointed based on identity politics. Something Ive seen you mention in relation to numerous candidates and appointments in the past. So your outrage over the possibility being raised here is rather strange and likely wholly political.

    Though with that said, I'm sure Rocket would react in a similar fashion if you suggested the same about a liberal individual (reducing it to racism).

  4. #94
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bishop View Post
    It very likely is indeed if you can't articulate any other actual reason for it. Racism is quite properly and reasonably seen as the default explanation for a great deal of what is said by critics about Obama. The absence of any credible alternative explanation makes that so.
    when were partisan politics reasonable?

  5. #95
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,552

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    He didn't call him a nigger. he said he was appointed based on identity politics. Something Ive seen you mention in relation to numerous candidates and appointments in the past. So your outrage over the possibility being raised here is rather strange and likely wholly political.

    Though with that said, I'm sure Rocket would react in a similar fashion if you suggested the same about a liberal individual (reducing it to racism).
    It's what he meant, basically. You've seen the foaming at the mouth and condemnations of racism that have come from Libbos when the same was suggested of Obama.

    I'm hitting the ball back into his court, so he can get a taste of his own medicine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #96
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I agree there is a difference between racism and racialism, but democrats are more racist as a whole. They are the ones that cannot be colorblind, and insist on quota systems. The use of a quota system for example implies that blacks cannot compete on an equal playing field, and that makes it a racist idea.
    And while the second half of your state isn't true let's talk about colorblind society. What does it mean. It means that you erase racial and cultural distinctiveness. Which is a form of racism. It devalues what that culture might add to the situation. As for people noticing race reducing the person to their race that is true of some but not most. We saw that clearly among the Democrats when they had a real fight for the nomination and then rallied around Obama because we valued what he stood for, while being proud that he was the first black man to be elected. You see we can be complex.

    We see racism when Republicans, including party officials, make racist comments, create art that has Obama as a monkey, a witchdoctor and other typical racist stereotypes. When they question his American standing, even suggesting he is influenced by colonialism of Kenya.

    The entire argument is ridiculous and if Justice Thomas seems to think the pre-civil rights era was better for him I would ask about how those northern liberals who pushed the affirmative action that he took advantage of several times to get to where he is. I guess biting the hand that feeds you is a right wing value.

  7. #97
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,552

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    And while the second half of your state isn't true let's talk about colorblind society. What does it mean. It means that you erase racial and cultural distinctiveness. Which is a form of racism. It devalues what that culture might add to the situation. As for people noticing race reducing the person to their race that is true of some but not most. We saw that clearly among the Democrats when they had a real fight for the nomination and then rallied around Obama because we valued what he stood for, while being proud that he was the first black man to be elected. You see we can be complex.

    We see racism when Republicans, including party officials, make racist comments, create art that has Obama as a monkey, a witchdoctor and other typical racist stereotypes. When they question his American standing, even suggesting he is influenced by colonialism of Kenya.

    The entire argument is ridiculous and if Justice Thomas seems to think the pre-civil rights era was better for him I would ask about how those northern liberals who pushed the affirmative action that he took advantage of several times to get to where he is. I guess biting the hand that feeds you is a right wing value.
    We had racism defined for us earlier in this thread and none of that falls under that definition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #98
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,187

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    He didn't call him a nigger. he said he was appointed based on identity politics. Something Ive seen you mention in relation to numerous candidates and appointments in the past. So your outrage over the possibility being raised here is rather strange and likely wholly political.

    Though with that said, I'm sure Rocket would react in a similar fashion if you suggested the same about a liberal individual (reducing it to racism).
    I'm not reducing it to racial politics (it certainly wasn't racism), but it's hard to deny that Bush was under pressure to nominate another African-American to replace Marshall.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #99
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,187

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's what he meant, basically. You've seen the foaming at the mouth and condemnations of racism that have come from Libbos when the same was suggested of Obama.

    I'm hitting the ball back into his court, so he can get a taste of his own medicine.
    So Thomas was selected because NO other judge had his credentials? I know that's what Bush said, but even you aren't that naive. Or are you?

    I don't have the final list that he was picking from to look at everyone's qualifications, but I find it hard to believe that no other judge regardless of race could match them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #100
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,187

    Re: 'Northern liberal elites treated me worse than the segregated South': America is

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    We had racism defined for us earlier in this thread and none of that falls under that definition.
    Right, it only falls under that definition when a Democrat does it.

    Making racist comments isn't racist....God, that ranks up there.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •