Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 69

Thread: US looks to target American citizen with drone strike

  1. #41
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,893

    Re: US looks to target American citizen with drone strike

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    How do you enact due process with someone in a place that can't extradite him? Do you just...hope for the best?
    The government has ruled, in the cases of Munaf v. Geren and Kiyemba II that due process does NOT apply to transferred detainees.

    In fact, according to the Nebraska Law Review, "the submission of the request for their extradition violates their rights to a speedy trial or extradition under the Sixth Amendment, and/or their right to due process under the Fifth Amendment."

    So no, you don't hope for the best, if an administration official baselessly deems you a terrorist, you're ****ed and are drone target practice. Citizen or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Says the socialist.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  2. #42
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: US looks to target American citizen with drone strike

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Go bitch to a socialist dictatorship, okay? They'll stuff you dictionary square up your ass, and throw you in a gulag for opening your trap.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #43
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: US looks to target American citizen with drone strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    The government has ruled, in the cases of Munaf v. Geren and Kiyemba II that due process does NOT apply to transferred detainees.

    In fact, according to the Nebraska Law Review, "the submission of the request for their extradition violates their rights to a speedy trial or extradition under the Sixth Amendment, and/or their right to due process under the Fifth Amendment."

    So no, you don't hope for the best, if an administration official baselessly deems you a terrorist, you're ****ed and are drone target practice. Citizen or not.
    Oh good. Then what's the issue?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #44
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: US looks to target American citizen with drone strike

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Go bitch to a socialist dictatorship, okay? They'll stuff you dictionary square up your ass, and throw you in a gulag for opening your trap.

    Foreign policy=economic policy!


  5. #45
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,893

    Re: US looks to target American citizen with drone strike

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Oh good. Then what's the issue?
    The fact that my right to due process can be voided at some official's say so and that I could be killed along with my entire family at a wedding by my own country without due process is a major ****ing issue!

    Do you not believe in innocence until proven guilty, due process or habeus corpus?
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  6. #46
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: US looks to target American citizen with drone strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post


    Says the socialist.
    Yup! Thats me!


  7. #47
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,893

    Re: US looks to target American citizen with drone strike

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yup! Thats me!
    At least you're honest, most socialists will deny it until they've gotten their way.. given that its a dirty word in US politics.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  8. #48
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: US looks to target American citizen with drone strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    The fact that my right to due process can be voided at some official's say so and that I could be killed along with my entire family at a wedding by my own country without due process is a major ****ing issue!
    How can you be killed along with your entire family at a wedding unless they're having a wedding in a country that either lacks the ability to extradite you or won't, as well as you inciting violence, as well as that nation being unable to stop the US? How can that happen without those criteria being met?

    Do you not believe in innocence until proven guilty, due process or habeus corpus?
    No, I believe that they're a means to an end. I don't believe they're an end. Do you?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  9. #49
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: US looks to target American citizen with drone strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    At least you're honest, most socialists will deny it until they've gotten their way.. given that its a dirty word in US politics.
    Dont really think there are much socialists here in the US. Most are pretty proud to be socialists like Bernie Sanders.


  10. #50
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,893

    Re: US looks to target American citizen with drone strike

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Dont really think there are much socialists here in the US. Most are pretty proud to be socialists like Bernie Sanders.
    I do not agree that there are as few socialists as you might think, just many who are less open and proud about it, instead we have socialists who play the "I'm not a socialist but..." or "If its not full socialism its not socialism" Jon Stewart types.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •