Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 180

Thread: More Federal Privileges to Extend to Same-Sex Couples

  1. #81
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,407

    Re: More Federal Privileges to Extend to Same-Sex Couples

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    You're spending so much time with your thesaurus that you're forgetting what you wrote four posts ago. Here, I'll help you.

    So again, please enlighten us. What are some of these impacts? Ditch the thesaurus -- it's not adding content to your argument.
    I really think you might want to reread the thread.

  2. #82
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: More Federal Privileges to Extend to Same-Sex Couples

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    The tax thing isn't a problem at all because you can sign civil contracts (and even business contracts) that makes paying taxes in "joint" rather easy.

    That's not true. Just a couple of quick examples:

    1. There is no "Civil Contract" that allows for a couple to file a single tax return claiming one income for both and then using two deductions.

    2. There is no "Civil Contract" that allows for the tax free transfer of property the same that currently exists between spouses.

    3. There are no "Civil Contracts" that allow for the seamless inheritance of property tax free on the death of a spouse. True, there are Wills, but a will does not make it tax free.

    4. There is no "Civil Contract" that allows for a spouse to sell their home and claim the $500,000 (Married) exemption vice the $250,000 (Single) exemption upon the death of the other spouse. This tax exemption is ONLY available to the widow(er) of a Civilly Married couple.




    >>>>

  3. #83
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: More Federal Privileges to Extend to Same-Sex Couples

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    1.)IMO, I don't even believe our government(s) should be involved in marriage in the first place....
    2.)A marriage is nothing more than a civil contract anyways...
    3.)But since marriage is not a civil rights issue
    4.) but rather a 10th amendment issue - it is up to the states to allow gays to marry.
    5.)I mean if homosexuals want the right to marry then amend the ****ing Constitution and define marriage.....
    6.)There is no definition of marriage in the Constitution.
    7.)So I don't know how gays civil rights are being violated when there is nothing that outlines gays or straights in the Constitution or Bill of Rights, hence there is no "civil right" to be violated.
    1.) you are free to have thos opinion
    2.) correct and the governments job is to protect it
    3.) false
    4.) false
    5.) not needed
    6.) doesnt have to be
    7.) because facts and rights make it that way
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #84
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: More Federal Privileges to Extend to Same-Sex Couples

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    No you are 100% wrong, Civil Rights and Civil Liberties are one in the same in theory, it's just lawyers who love to create precedence and destroy the constitution that makes the difference, hence definitions get reinvented.

    Also NO ****ING PROGRESSIVE HAS GIVEN ME AN EXAMPLE OF HOW GAYS DONT HAVE CIVIL RIGHTS OR CIVIL LIBERTIES.

    Gays have nothing to cry about - this whole "gays are second class citizens" was manifested by a bunch of communist think tank clowns who want nothing more than to divide the public for their own agenda - that way these tyrant ****heads can split us all into groups and pander to groups that will vote them into political office where they can push their anti-American - pro communist agenda...

    If it mattered and if I was an evil authoritarian aristocratic punk like these progressives and RINO's I would use the same damn tactic they're using today to divide us all. I'd pander to certain groups and punish my dissenters just like Obama has done and the progressives in congress are doing today - not because I agree with them or not but because if you can segregate individuals into collectivist groups - you can without question grab 6 of the 10 groups and win an election - which puts you in power hence gives you an opportunity to make your agenda LAW...

    You don't see that tho.
    i love the fantasy and lies you post, simply back any of that up with facts
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #85
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,055

    Re: More Federal Privileges to Extend to Same-Sex Couples

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Because progressives and our progressives in government positions PROMOTE homosexuality - which is unprecedented (at least in government).
    It's promoting marriage, which is a stabilizing factor and in the state's interest.

    If homosexuality is not such a "big deal" to progressives then why the **** do you promote it so much and make an issue out of it?
    Because it's a big deal to those opposing it. If it's not a big deal, then just let them have their marriage.

  6. #86
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: More Federal Privileges to Extend to Same-Sex Couples

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I would LOVE for a progressive to show some examples of how "gays" are being denied their civil rights....

    Don't even bother with marriage because marriage is NOT a civil right - if our US constitution forbid homosexual marriage our constitution would have been amended LONG ago considering many states recognize gay marriage...

    So give me some other examples of homosexuals being denied civil liberties??????
    Actually Loving versus Virginia established that marriage is a fundamental right when it abolished interracial marriage bans in over a dozen states. It sounds to me like you reject all court precedent and seek a perception of the Constitution where every single right has to be enumerated by an amendment to the Constitution.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: More Federal Privileges to Extend to Same-Sex Couples

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    Well I was told and this may be wrong that a civil contract does not give you a slight tax break like a marriage does? and I think thats the reason for concern in my mind.... but yeah I suppose it makes alot of sense for gays to want to be recognized as normal, and accepted by the government.. but I think it would be more benificial for them to not fling around massive dildos, assless chaps, and have sex in alley ways, during there parades forcing there orientation on others. if they could manage that I think it would be much more helpful in intergrating them as normal, and acceptable in our society :/ buuut I digress
    I agree but, homosexuality is not "normal" by any definition of the word - at least not generally. I'm sure there are plenty of cities in the US with a gay district where in that instance being gay would be "normal" but generally it's not.

    Sure you can sign civil contracts and file joint taxes - hell my dad has to do it with my brothers ever since my grandmother passed and left all the assets to my dad and uncles.

    If gays went about it the right way they could file joint taxes. It be a pain in the ass with a lot of paperwork and such but...

    IMO, I don't hate gays either. I just wish they stop shoving their sexuality down peoples throats..... As far as I'm concerned (given my religion as a Catholic) gays making out in public and such is the equivalant of Islamophobes throwing bacon at Muslims just minding their own business. It's very offensive to some, but at the same time I have been in situations where I saw that happening and you know what I did? I got up and left.... Unlike a progressive who would have gone to the manager if they saw or heard something they disagree with....

    You see that is real tolerance.

  8. #88
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: More Federal Privileges to Extend to Same-Sex Couples

    Whether this has good, ill, or no effect, it's not the Attorney General's call to make, nor is it the POTUS who makes this call. Congress makes this call, or doesn't.

  9. #89
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,023

    Re: More Federal Privileges to Extend to Same-Sex Couples

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    With a single designation, there is no extra paper work. Its a simple add/drop benefactor, eliminating any forms related to marriage, etc. No additional "contracts" as they are all one in the same, and would be treated the same. Giving the individual that power is a great balance between bureaucratic red tape and a laissez faire system.
    It works fine with the way we have it, marriage licenses that become basically contracts the moment they are filed. The only change needed is to remove limitations that restrict people based on sex/gender (and I would personally include removing limitations based on being cousins as well, but that is a different fight).
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #90
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: More Federal Privileges to Extend to Same-Sex Couples

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    1.)I agree but, homosexuality is not "normal" by any definition of the word - at least not generally. I'm sure there are plenty of cities in the US with a gay district where in that instance being gay would be "normal" but generally it's not.
    2.)Sure you can sign civil contracts and file joint taxes - hell my dad has to do it with my brothers ever since my grandmother passed and left all the assets to my dad and uncles.
    3.)If gays went about it the right way they could file joint taxes. It be a pain in the ass with a lot of paperwork and such but...
    4.)IMO, I don't hate gays either. I just wish they stop shoving their sexuality down peoples throats.....
    5.)As far as I'm concerned (given my religion as a Catholic) gays making out in public and such is the equivalant of Islamophobes throwing bacon at Muslims just minding their own business. It's very offensive to some, but at the same time I have been in situations where I saw that happening and you know what I did? I got up and left.... Unlike a progressive who would have gone to the manager if they saw or heard something they disagree with....
    6.)You see that is real tolerance.
    1.) factually false and more importantly meaningless
    2.) there is no way to duplicated marriage licences
    3.) see #2
    4.) they arent they are fighting for equal rights, sorry that strawman always fails
    5.) and you subjective opinion is meaningless, do you feel the same way about non married couples? if not your views are a hypocritical
    6.) your posts prove you dont have any
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •