Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61

Thread: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    There is no "evidence" here. There is only FD policy and what each agency is responsible for by law. The fire department don't control traffic or the roadways. The CHP do (it's in their name - California HIGHWAY Patrol).

    The CHP officer probably did the wrong thing and may have been reacting to the FD swinging his dick around where it didn't belong. Or he may just have made a bad call. Shoulda/coulda. Probably should have just registered a complaint with the department.
    So are you calling the fireman a liar? because what he said is EXACTLY what I've been telling you...... Meanwhile the cop that pulled this little stunt hasn't said a damn thing in his defense or even why he wanted the truck moved.

    Furthermore the Fire Chief is livid over this and wants this cop punished for his actions.

    Also how smart is it to detain a fireman who just happens to be a member of a rescue crew at the scene of a horrible accident? - that is preventing him from saving lives all because some ****ing idiot cop thinks he can just order people around.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yes they can and they do indeed move their trucks at the direction of the CHP. I've seen it. Once again, their duty is NOT traffic or the roadways.
    They move the truck when all victims have been transported - the just don't leave a bad accident unprotected in the middle of the road.... That truck was there to block the accident scene in case some idiot driver not paying attention plows into that scene... That is the point of the truck being their in the first place....... Why do you think fire trucks come to any accident that occurs in the middle of a freeway or intersection? to protect from traffic ...

  3. #43
    Advisor Chocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    America!
    Last Seen
    10-15-15 @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    563

    Re: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    So are you calling the fireman a liar? because what he said is EXACTLY what I've been telling you...... Meanwhile the cop that pulled this little stunt hasn't said a damn thing in his defense or even why he wanted the truck moved.

    Furthermore the Fire Chief is livid over this and wants this cop punished for his actions.

    Also how smart is it to detain a fireman who just happens to be a member of a rescue crew at the scene of a horrible accident? - that is preventing him from saving lives all because some ****ing idiot cop thinks he can just order people around.
    Oh good so you admit that you are only taking ONE side of the story from a man who is angry, and did the wrong thing. Bravo for your logic there Nick, as close minded and hateful as it is.... Just think about what clown is saying instead of saying that clown is calling him a liar... WE DON'T KNOW Just slow down, and really review the situation sometimes it's no the cops fault, I have yet to choose which side i'm taking because I think things are not black and white.... it's the cops job to control traffic, so the fireman should of listened to him... but at the same time the fireman may have concern for what was going on and refused because he personally believes it's right. a argument may have ensued, and the cop handcuffed him for the reason stated above.... Come on man just think on it for me?

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    I give everyone the benefit of the doubt when I don't think there is enough information to justify his linching on a fourm seriously reread the first post I made to you! that sums up my opinion completely mr grumpy
    I have already read the evidence - a 2 page article on what happened.. And what happened was the cop was just being a dick and the firefighter did not have the authority to move the truck because it would break protocol - in short - had the firefighter moved that truck he would be in trouble for doing it without permission to do so.

    So the cop was wrong and the firefighter was right.....

  5. #45
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    So are you calling the fireman a liar? because what he said is EXACTLY what I've been telling you...... Meanwhile the cop that pulled this little stunt hasn't said a damn thing in his defense or even why he wanted the truck moved.

    Furthermore the Fire Chief is livid over this and wants this cop punished for his actions.

    Also how smart is it to detain a fireman who just happens to be a member of a rescue crew at the scene of a horrible accident? - that is preventing him from saving lives all because some ****ing idiot cop thinks he can just order people around.
    I'm suggesting he may be trying to repair his earilier attitude, yes. The cop said his piece at the scene on camera, very reasonably I might add. And from the film, the fireman wasn't part of the rescue response other than maybe being the truck driver, he certainly wasn't an EMT. Again, from the film, the EMTs look like they had the situation covered.

    And YES, the CHP officer does get to "order people around" in the performance of his duties.
    Last edited by clownboy; 02-11-14 at 05:00 PM.

  6. #46
    Advisor Chocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    America!
    Last Seen
    10-15-15 @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    563

    Re: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I have already read the evidence - a 2 page article on what happened.. And what happened was the cop was just being a dick and the firefighter did not have the authority to move the truck because it would break protocol - in short - had the firefighter moved that truck he would be in trouble for doing it without permission to do so.

    So the cop was wrong and the firefighter was right.....
    But according to clowns statements it is the cops job to control traffic, not the firefighter... but maybe the firefighter did not know that and wanted to talk to his seperier to make sure it was right, but was being a dick to the cop so the cop was a dick to the firefighter. I also read this and I cannot tell, exactly what happend because it feels to one sided.... I simply don't know

    If it was the cops job like clowns says he is right

    If what you say is more correct then the firefighter is right

    I think that both men thought they were right, and made mistakes that esculated into a bad sitaution thats what I believe :X

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    Oh good so you admit that you are only taking ONE side of the story from a man who is angry, and did the wrong thing. Bravo for your logic there Nick, as close minded and hateful as it is.... Just think about what clown is saying instead of saying that clown is calling him a liar... WE DON'T KNOW Just slow down, and really review the situation sometimes it's no the cops fault, I have yet to choose which side i'm taking because I think things are not black and white.... it's the cops job to control traffic, so the fireman should of listened to him... but at the same time the fireman may have concern for what was going on and refused because he personally believes it's right. a argument may have ensued, and the cop handcuffed him for the reason stated above.... Come on man just think on it for me?
    I already told you I read the damn story the other day, then I drew my conclusion that the cop was acting outside of his power by forcing a firefighter to move a truck he was not authorized to move (for the obvious reasons I have stated)...

    So yeah I'm taking sides now because I know all the facts.

    Also if the cop was so damn right why wasn't the fireman charged with a crime or even issued a ticket??????????? Oh yeah because the cop was wrong.

    Obviously the firefighter had a REASON to not move the truck and that was for safety of all those involved... That should be the answer to your question......

  8. #48
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I have already read the evidence - a 2 page article on what happened.. And what happened was the cop was just being a dick and the firefighter did not have the authority to move the truck because it would break protocol - in short - had the firefighter moved that truck he would be in trouble for doing it without permission to do so.

    So the cop was wrong and the firefighter was right.....
    Post the article. The firefighter, by policy put the truck where he put it. Also BY POLICY the firefighter is supposed to cooperate with the CHP on scene. The firefighter wouldn't have been in any trouble whatsoever following the orders of the agency that is responsible for the scene - the CHP.

    That the firefighter didn't get a ticket doesn't indicate anything other than two agencies that have to work together giving slack. Nothing will happen to the CHP officer either.

    Maybe you aren't aware, police and fire have a love/hate relationship and there ARE pissing matches. The tone of the two, on film, suggests to me the officer wasn't the one trying to be big man on campus.
    Last edited by clownboy; 02-11-14 at 05:06 PM.

  9. #49
    Advisor Chocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    America!
    Last Seen
    10-15-15 @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    563

    Re: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I already told you I read the damn story the other day, then I drew my conclusion that the cop was acting outside of his power by forcing a firefighter to move a truck he was not authorized to move (for the obvious reasons I have stated)...

    So yeah I'm taking sides now because I know all the facts.

    Also if the cop was so damn right why wasn't the fireman charged with a crime or even issued a ticket??????????? Oh yeah because the cop was wrong.

    Obviously the firefighter had a REASON to not move the truck and that was for safety of all those involved... That should be the answer to your question......
    I'm sorry if I offended you

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    But according to clowns statements it is the cops job to control traffic, not the firefighter... but maybe the firefighter did not know that and wanted to talk to his seperier to make sure it was right, but was being a dick to the cop so the cop was a dick to the firefighter. I also read this and I cannot tell, exactly what happend because it feels to one sided.... I simply don't know

    If it was the cops job like clowns says he is right

    If what you say is more correct then the firefighter is right

    I think that both men thought they were right, and made mistakes that esculated into a bad sitaution thats what I believe :X
    The firefighter was NOT CONTROLLING TRAFFIC, he was blocking an ambulance and the crash scene, using his 20,000 pound fire engine which no car could damage.

    You do realize they do this to protect the ambulances? what do you think a squad car can stop a car going 70mph down the highway smashing into a cruiser, that cruiser will just smash into the ambulance and hurt even more people if not kill some, meanwhile a fire truck would just absorb a car on the path of the accident.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •