Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

  1. #21
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,887

    Re: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why does it kill you to say it? If you think I'm right, then you go with it. Just because you're wrong all the time, it shouldn't be that hard.
    It kills me to say it because I don't like you. However, when you're right, you're right, and I know enough FD, FR and cops to know that you're right. Kudos. Relish it.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #22
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,394

    Re: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    It kills me to say it because I don't like you. However, when you're right, you're right, and I know enough FD, FR and cops to know that you're right. Kudos. Relish it.
    You people let your emotions get in your own way; it's why you're wrong all the time. You don't even ****ing know me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #23
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,887

    Re: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You people let your emotions get in your own way; it's why you're wrong all the time. You don't even ****ing know me!
    Well no, I don't know YOU per se, but I know the persona you project on the internet, I've seen it a million times here and elsewhere, and I'm not a fan. But way to take me giving you credit for being right and turning into yet another opportunity to hurl insults at me. I should have known better. Lesson learned.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #24
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,965

    Re: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

    Until police officers get fired for these kinds of abuses, they will never stop happening. It seems like police are the ones that rare ever face real consequences for breaking the rules.

    Arresting a firefighter for doing their job is insane. If anyone else in society obstructed a firefighter they would go to jail.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Yahoo!



    Another case of bad cop letting personal pride get in the way of official duty. This cop handcuffed and arrested one of the firefighters on scene of car accident while they were treating car crash victims. The cop asked the firefighter to move the firetruck and he firefighter refused because it was put there as protection against another potential accident coming their way.

    Firefighters are trained to park the truck that way to give protection to the ambulances, victims and personnel on the scene. I mean a car going at a high rate of speed wouldn't do much to a fire truck in a collision but it could certainly destroy an ambulance.

    Once again we have another idiot cop..... Not shocked considering many police agences only accept potential applicants with IQ's between 90 and 120 (that is fact)...

  6. #26
    Advisor Chocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    America!
    Last Seen
    10-15-15 @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    563

    Re: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You people let your emotions get in your own way; it's why you're wrong all the time. You don't even ****ing know me!
    You two should make a buddy cop movie

  7. #27
    Advisor Chocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    America!
    Last Seen
    10-15-15 @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    563

    Re: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Firefighters are trained to park the truck that way to give protection to the ambulances, victims and personnel on the scene. I mean a car going at a high rate of speed wouldn't do much to a fire truck in a collision but it could certainly destroy an ambulance.

    Once again we have another idiot cop..... Not shocked considering many police agences only accept potential applicants with IQ's between 90 and 120 (that is fact)...
    I didnt feel like there was enough information in the article to make a firm opinion I think the media loves to paint cops as the bad guys click baiting and it's a very common thing for people to google so more clicks more ad revenue buuut I do think it was wrong of the cop to handcuff him, for doing his job, and if police abuse there powers like this I think the punishment should be more sevre then it currently is I'll have to look more into it and get back to you for the debates and all that

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    I didnt feel like there was enough information in the article to make a firm opinion I think the media loves to paint cops as the bad guys click baiting and it's a very common thing for people to google so more clicks more ad revenue buuut I do think it was wrong of the cop to handcuff him, for doing his job, and if police abuse there powers like this I think the punishment should be more sevre then it currently is I'll have to look more into it and get back to you for the debates and all that
    I read the full story the other day....

    The firefighter didn't refuse to move the truck either - what the firefighter said was he would have to contact his superior first and clear it with him before he broke protocol by moving the truck....

    See what happened here is an unwritten law or rule called "contempt of cop" and that is why he was cuffed then released - they couldn't charge him with a damn thing...... In the end what the cop did is put his own ego and authority above the safety of all those involved in the accident.

    If I was in the firefighters shoes I would refuse to move the truck as well.

  9. #29
    Advisor Chocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    America!
    Last Seen
    10-15-15 @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    563

    Re: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I read the full story the other day....

    The firefighter didn't refuse to move the truck either - what the firefighter said was he would have to contact his superior first and clear it with him before he broke protocol by moving the truck....

    See what happened here is an unwritten law or rule called "contempt of cop" and that is why he was cuffed then released - they couldn't charge him with a damn thing...... In the end what the cop did is put his own ego and authority above the safety of all those involved in the accident.

    If I was in the firefighters shoes I would refuse to move the truck as well.
    Woa woa woa Nick buddy I'm not saying you are wrong! I'm saying this seems a little too one sided to believe while I do more research... if this is completely true it was wrong for the cop to do what he did but I think there might be more to the story then meets the eye! come on pal reread my post

  10. #30
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If the FD is still working the scene, they own it, until they release it to the cops.
    Not so. This was CHP's scene and their purview, the accident's victims belonged to the EMTs. The two agencies are supposed to cooperate by policy. The FD fellow was swinging his dick around and refusing to cooperate with the agency who had control of the traffic.
    Last edited by clownboy; 02-11-14 at 04:25 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •