Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 398

Thread: Calif. school apologizes for black history lunch menu[W:250]

  1. #381
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Calif. school apologizes for black history lunch menu[W:250]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The reason we have a black history month is that the other eleven months are white history months.
    That's not true at all - as a matter of fact it's a straight up lie.

    Name one month of the year that is deemed "white history month" or "white European month" etc.... Can YOU? NO YOU CANT.

    I find Black History Month to be racist.

    I suppose we could call October "communist history month"

  2. #382
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Calif. school apologizes for black history lunch menu

    Thats good eating right there!!!! srsly

  3. #383
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Calif. school apologizes for black history lunch menu[W:250]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    That's not true at all - as a matter of fact it's a straight up lie.

    Name one month of the year that is deemed "white history month" or "white European month" etc.... Can YOU? NO YOU CANT.

    I find Black History Month to be racist.

    I suppose we could call October "communist history month"
    It is racist period

  4. #384
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Calif. school apologizes for black history lunch menu[W:250]

    Quote Originally Posted by votemout View Post
    It is racist period
    Well it is by definition... The notion that one race is superior than the other.

    I find naming a month after blacks the federal government implying that blacks are superior than whites (or any race or culture for that reason).

    There are a lot more races and nationalities that have contributed to the human race more than blacks..... "Black History Month" is more like "Black Culture Month" - furthermore what makes black culture any better than any other culture - especially when a lot of "black culture" has roots in other cultures that weren't even of African decent....

    IMO, "American Indian or Native American" culture month would be a lot more educating than "Black History Month."

  5. #385
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Calif. school apologizes for black history lunch menu[W:250]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    That's not true at all - as a matter of fact it's a straight up lie.

    Name one month of the year that is deemed "white history month" or "white European month" etc.... Can YOU? NO YOU CANT.

    I find Black History Month to be racist.

    I suppose we could call October "communist history month"
    You know as well as I do that they aren't called white history months, but that's what they are. Our history books are decidedly biased in favor of white European history.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Well it is by definition... The notion that one race is superior than the other.

    I find naming a month after blacks the federal government implying that blacks are superior than whites (or any race or culture for that reason).
    Absurd.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #386
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Calif. school apologizes for black history lunch menu[W:250]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You know as well as I do that they aren't called white history months, but that's what they are. Our history books are decidedly biased in favor of white European history.



    Absurd.
    NO THEY ARE NOT CALLED WHITE HISTORY MONTH(S).......

    There is only one month with a race in the name and its BLACK HISTORY MONTH...

    Now keep on defending racism....

    Furthermore how are whites celebrating "white history" the other 11 months of the year???

    Furthermore define white???

    What is a white person, what do they look like?

    Because I can tell you right now that I'm 1/4th Swede, 1/4th Irish and half Sicilian but look 100% Sicilian (because I take after my 100% Sicilian father) and sometimes people often mistake me for Mexican due to the tint of my skin -- so am I "white?" or given the history of the Island of Sicily am I black, greek, moor, Arab etc because I'm sure one of those pirates/armies led to my skin tint....

    So what is white exactly?

    You interested in a debate or would you just like to make brash assumptions on what I allegedly should "damn well know"

    Oh BTW, I'm only a 3rd generation US citizen on both sides of my family so I had NOTHING to do with slavery - my great grandparents got off the boat in the early 20th century.

  7. #387
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Calif. school apologizes for black history lunch menu[W:250]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You know as well as I do that they aren't called white history months, but that's what they are. Our history books are decidedly biased in favor of white European history.
    Yep, which teaches an important reality based lesson in itself - to the victors go the spoils. The winner gets to write the history books. But hey, if we're going to separate races like this we really should call them white european history months.

  8. #388
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: Calif. school apologizes for black history lunch menu[W:250]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The reason we have a black history month is that the other eleven months are white history months.
    What about the Latinos and Asians? How utterly ethnically insensitive of you!
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #389
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Calif. school apologizes for black history lunch menu[W:250]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    NO THEY ARE NOT CALLED WHITE HISTORY MONTH(S).......

    There is only one month with a race in the name and its BLACK HISTORY MONTH...

    Now keep on defending racism....

    Furthermore how are whites celebrating "white history" the other 11 months of the year???

    Furthermore define white???

    What is a white person, what do they look like?

    Because I can tell you right now that I'm 1/4th Swede, 1/4th Irish and half Sicilian but look 100% Sicilian (because I take after my 100% Sicilian father) and sometimes people often mistake me for Mexican due to the tint of my skin -- so am I "white?" or given the history of the Island of Sicily am I black, greek, moor, Arab etc because I'm sure one of those pirates/armies led to my skin tint....

    So what is white exactly?

    You interested in a debate or would you just like to make brash assumptions on what I allegedly should "damn well know"

    Oh BTW, I'm only a 3rd generation US citizen on both sides of my family so I had NOTHING to do with slavery - my great grandparents got off the boat in the early 20th century.
    Debate? You're just playing the race card. There's nothing to debate here. I'm more than willing to discuss the Eurocentric bias in our history textbooks and why that needs balancing out. But if you're just going to call me a racist for thinking other cultures deserve representation too, there's not really anything I care to talk to you about.

    Do you think breast cancer awareness is sexist?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #390
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Calif. school apologizes for black history lunch menu[W:250]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Debate? You're just playing the race card. There's nothing to debate here. I'm more than willing to discuss the Eurocentric bias in our history textbooks and why that needs balancing out. But if you're just going to call me a racist for thinking other cultures deserve representation too, there's not really anything I care to talk to you about.

    Do you think breast cancer awareness is sexist?
    As far as I know they don't have a Breast Cancer Awareness month in our schools. Which begs the question, how about female history month?

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •