Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 129

Thread: Death Sentence: 'Alarming' number of inmates dying in local US jails

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Death Sentence: 'Alarming' number of inmates dying in local US jails

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    By firing people when rapes happen, and by thinning out the herd in prison by changing drug policy.
    And have you found much success with your policies?

    I would bet that management would take this a whole lot more seriously if their livelihoods were at stake. I mean, seriously, it might be as simple as putting cameras everywhere in the prison. Right now, we just accept violence and rape as part of the prison culture. This has to change.
    Thee are probably many violent people in prison so it seems safe to assume violence will follow. Some people go there as a result of a lack of parental guidance or they are just not wired correctly. Whichever the case, I'm glad that they are there and I am here.

  2. #82
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,136

    Re: Death Sentence: 'Alarming' number of inmates dying in local US jails

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And have you found much success with your policies?
    no, because a lot of shortsighted people still think, "welp, they're in jail, they deserve what they get."

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Thee are probably many violent people in prison so it seems safe to assume violence will follow. Some people go there as a result of a lack of parental guidance or they are just not wired correctly. Whichever the case, I'm glad that they are there and I am here.
    and i'm glad no one has falsely accused you of something.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Death Sentence: 'Alarming' number of inmates dying in local US jails

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    no, because a lot of shortsighted people still think, "welp, they're in jail, they deserve what they get." and i'm glad no one has falsely accused you of something.
    Oh they have, but never anything illegal!

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Death Sentence: 'Alarming' number of inmates dying in local US jails

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    We could put that on the list along with the 784,000 abortions we had in 2009.
    Infanticide, aka late term abortions, is also a serious problem.

  5. #85
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,314

    Re: Death Sentence: 'Alarming' number of inmates dying in local US jails

    A far more serious problem is a corrupt and broken down criminal justice system and judiciary.

  6. #86
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Death Sentence: 'Alarming' number of inmates dying in local US jails

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They have the highest body counts. Can't dispute that.
    No i cannot but neither do capitalist countries have a good track record as well..
    But then again its mostly the social and political system murdering people not an economic system.


  7. #87
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Death Sentence: 'Alarming' number of inmates dying in local US jails

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Left wing fringe groups few have heard of and with little real significance or importance, despite all the publicity nutcases like Noam Chomsky et al receive. Socialism truly does belong in the dust bin of history, and there it should stay.
    Hmmm so now its "not significant" because you say so.. Gotcha...


  8. #88
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Death Sentence: 'Alarming' number of inmates dying in local US jails

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    If you know any Cuban exiles....just ask them about Che... but make sure you take a step back before they answer because you'll be treated sorely to profanity that will burn superficially your facial hair.

    Strange how the Left always acts so touchy feelin' while professing love for their fellow man but so readily resort to killing.
    Yea bring up Che!.... Lame.
    Heres the Che thread if you wanna join: http://www.debatepolitics.com/latin-...e-guevara.html


  9. #89
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Death Sentence: 'Alarming' number of inmates dying in local US jails

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Look, "workers of the world unite!" "Worker owned business!" Public good for all! All that socialism needs in whatever flavor you want masterbate too,
    I dont masturbate to socialism, i masturbate to porn.

    is the suspension of human nature. The USA has tried really hard to suspend human nature, that's why the Constitution defines a three way government of checks and balances. To keep Human Nature from ruining everything.
    Socialism is the "suspension of human nature" then why are there so many worker cooperatives?


    Do you have any clue as to what I am speaking of here? The same reason our Government is so, is the same reason why your socialist democracy of "peace love workers rule!" bull**** is just that, bull****.

    Power, greed, selfishness, drive to achieve, to be the best, the need for "someone" to be in charge. These are all things that cannot at the same time exist in your little socialist reality. That's the USSR turned out how it did, why China is in reality a real mess, why the NK are so horrific and why Cuba is a disaster. It's why an oil rich country in South America has emergency imports of toilet paper.
    The USSR was not worker owned economy. The DPRK is essentially a state owned oligarchy... It was a state oligarchy economy....
    You just rambled and didnt talk any policy what so-ever.
    Here maybe check this out: Chomsky on Socialism - YouTube
    Howard Zinn on Democratic Socialism - YouTube
    What is Democratic Socialism? Q & A - Democratic Socialists of America


  10. #90
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Death Sentence: 'Alarming' number of inmates dying in local US jails

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    No i cannot but neither do capitalist countries have a good track record as well..
    But then again its mostly the social and political system murdering people not an economic system.
    Socialism far outpaces anything else, as far as mass murder goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •