Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 63

Thread: Government Series Gibson Guitar.

  1. #51
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Government Series Gibson Guitar.

    In a statement, CEO Henry Juszkiewicz said that the company "felt compelled to settle as the costs of proving our case at trial would have cost millions of dollars and taken a very long time to resolve."

    The government had no evidence the wood purchased had not been harvested prior to 2006 regardless of when they bought it (the last time in 2006) and, accordingly, never had a case.

    There was no raid at that time. The massive raid and totally shutting the company down didn't happen until after Gibson's contribution to Romney. The government was holding all of Gibson's wood - although never claimed to be illegal in any way. Basically, Gibson agreed to buy back the wood that was not even in question and give the Fish and Wildlife department $50,000 to get off their back. In return the government dropped the case.
    Last edited by joko104; 02-06-14 at 06:48 PM.

  2. #52
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,070

    Re: Government Series Gibson Guitar.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    No evidence?

    Hey everyone, "roughdraft" claims that all the press and media lied when they reported Gibson was raided because he knows it never happened and all was a vast conspiracy by the media and press.

    He should go start a thread on the conspiracy forum about this!
    There is no evidence the raid was politically motivated. But have fun with that strawman.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  3. #53
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Government Series Gibson Guitar.

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    There is no evidence the raid was politically motivated. But have fun with that strawman.
    Which raid? There were multiple...
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #54
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: Government Series Gibson Guitar.

    Damn. Obama selectively enforcing the law again. Geeze. It's getting to be a daily event. http:// Obama Considering Three Year...n To Obamacare

  5. #55
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: Government Series Gibson Guitar.

    Here's Gibson's summary of the events surrounding the controversy: http:///www2.gibson.com/News-Lifesty...Settlemen.aspx

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Government Series Gibson Guitar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I prefer to play a Fender, does that make me a Dem?
    Hell no. I'm not a Dem. In fact I despise the evil Democratic party. And although I own several guitars, the one I always seem to play the most is a '94 Telecaster.

  7. #57
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Government Series Gibson Guitar.

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Ahh, I see

    Now it's ok to pick and choose which laws to enforce as long as they enforce it on everyone

    I wonder what the right wing policy will be about this tomorrow?
    Clearly there are some reading comprehension problems. Reread my post and try again.

  8. #58
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Government Series Gibson Guitar.

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Here's Gibson's summary of the events surrounding the controversy: http:///www2.gibson.com/News-Lifesty...Settlemen.aspx
    Did you also buy OJ Simpson's book and read that too?

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #59
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Government Series Gibson Guitar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I'd ask they have a fist with a big middle finger put on the back, nice and big.
    Either that or make a "namesake piece", doesn't do what it's supposed to, costs more than necessary, inefficient, shoddy construction, and needs replacement parts every four years.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #60
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: Government Series Gibson Guitar.

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Did you also buy OJ Simpson's book and read that too?

    I didn't know he could write.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •