Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 141 to 146 of 146

Thread: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

  1. #141
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,964

    Re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    What do you mean "No that is not what the pics show"?

    Didn't the pictures show the old man on the ground bloodied and with his hands handcuffed behind him? Wasn't he under police arrest then? Or did the pictures show the police attending to his well being following a fall?

    You are missing the point here regarding DV scenario. The argument stemmed from your requirement for picture to be shown of the pushing to the ground and knock unconscious. You are not making any counterpoint regarding my rebuttal of your argument that no picture shows the old man being pushed to the ground nor knocked unconscious. When you have a he said-she said situation without video or picture evidence you still can piece together witnesses' account and other circumstantial and physical evidence to determine whose account is more likely and whose story is not plausible.
    Pictures showing the man on the ground with a head wound are not the same thing as pictures that show the man being pushed to the ground or being unconscious. No pictures showed the man unconscious. All the pics I've seen the man was very much conscious. A head wound does not automatically mean loss of consciousness. No witness accounts so far say anything about him being pushed to the ground nor unconscious. In fact, at there is at least a third hand account of some witnesses believing he fell. So that means that there is no evidence to support that his part of the story, we don't really know the cops' story (since they are unable by general police policy to comment on such cases, and we have some information that some witnesses believe he could have received the injury merely from falling. That all goes into supporting me, not you.


    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    In this case we have a witness account and video of cops lifting him up from the ground while handcuffed and pictures of the old man bloodied on the ground with his hands handcuffed behind his back plus your argument that the police arrested him because he pushed the cop. By your own admission the intent of the cop was to execute an arrest because the old man pushed him back when the cop pulled him back. Your own argument supports and solidifies all the circumstantial and physical evidence pieced together with what the old man said and what the witness said which are very much consistent to what the old man said.
    My admission shows nothing to support that the man was pushed to the ground by police. In fact, nothing so far is evidence that he was pushed to the ground, causing the head injury at all. The physical evidence only shows that the man received a head injury somehow and that he was arrested. Nothing else. The witness statement doesn't provide any evidence whatsoever as to how the head injury occurred. He doesn't describe the head injury. So that leaves only the old man's word on how the injury itself occurred.



    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    The police shouldn't even have given the old man a jaywalking ticket to begin with let alone treating him like a criminal by standing him up against the wall and pulling him back as if he had committed a serious crime. This cop should have exercise his discretion like the police officer at Time Square who stopped his police car to let jaywalkers cross the street despite the red "No Walking" light signal.
    Jaywalking is against the law. There is nothing out of line about giving people jaywalking tickets. This belief that he shouldn't have been getting a ticket is nothing but you complaining about something that you simply don't agree with. It has nothing to do with any other part of town or what any other officer decides to do or not to do at that particular time. Just as some officers will let people go for doing a rolling stop at a stop sign while others will nail someone for it, the action is still a ticketable offense. The officer is completely justified in stopping the man and giving him a ticket for jaywalking.



    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    And also this jaywalking law was a knee-jerk reaction to recent car accident involving pedestrian deaths and was implemented shortly within 12 hours of the accident without adequate public notice. It was also not even a citywide policy but an impromptu precinct decision put into effect that looked more like milking the people than to protect their safety.
    Jaywalking has been illegal in NYC for a long time before now. Many decades at least. Enforcement has gotten pretty lax, but that doesn't mean it still isn't illegal to jaywalk. It also does not matter what any other part of the city decided to do. Unless there was some major crime that you can show was taking place right then that the police who were giving the tickets knew about and simply didn't respond to in favor of giving out tickets, then your argument is pointless. They still had every right to give tickets for jaywalking and it is wrong to believe that the police should have to give advanced notice that they will be enforcing laws. Any adult should know jaywalking is illegal, whether you have been breaking the law for years or not.

    And it isn't right to punish drivers alone for pedestrians being hit when in at least some cases, the pedestrians are to blame or at least partially responsible. Only enforcing the laws toward one set of people, while letting the other set continue to break the law with little to no consequences, will only breed resentment.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    See above.
    It takes you several days to come back just to regurgitate the same old lame argument and lies that had been defeated over and over again previously.


    We don't need to have everything captured in the pictures to make a case based on the consistency shown by available pictures, witness account, circumstances, admission of intent to arrest and logic that piece everything together. Otherwise, domestic abuse and rape situation that do not have a single picture let alone showing the very act of assault or rape would be summarily denied per your logic.


    You kept perpetuating the lie of "a third hand account of some witnesses believing he fell". There was no third hand account of anything, just the impression, which is a code word for denial, of the Police Commissioner.

    This wasn't a murder case, so it's not like the cop who arrested the old man also went around gathering witnesses for eyewitness statements. And surely the Police Commissioner wouldn't be going out of his way to hunt down witnesses of a jaywalking violation case a few days after story broke that caused a stir nationwide so he could tell reporters a third hand account of what some witnesses said.


    The only eyewitness account that had been on record was a college student known as Ian King. It just so happened that there were several reporters that were already there to document a pedestrian and car accident that occurred 12 hours before. Therefore, the Police Commissioner's personal impression was merely based on that witness account as reported in the news media. And that witness never said anything about the old man fell, not even anything close to give such impression.


    Citywide the jaywalking law wasn't and still isn't implemented the way that police precinct operates when they go around giving pedestrians violation tickets for merely crossing the streets. Worse, they didn't give the public a chance nor warning to be aware of the new implementation on the day they carried out their strict enforcement. This is clearly an abuse of power.


    Now, show me the jaywalking laws that outline that you have to complete the crossing before the walking light signal change or else you would be ticketed for jaywalking violation. And show me the old man's action violated that particular part of the jaywalking law.


    This rogue cop is just mean spirited prick for treating an octagenarian like that to begin with, not to mention the overcharging the old man of various charges that would put him in jail while deadly drivers get off scot-free.


    84-Year-Old Jaywalker Could Get Jail While Deadly Drivers Get Off Scot-Free | Streetsblog New York City

    So, it's not a stretch to believe the old man's words as supported by pictures, your admission of police intent to arrest and witness evidence that he was being pushed down for the arrest after back up arrived.
    Last edited by dolphinocean; 02-07-14 at 04:47 PM.

  3. #143
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Wow....just wow, man

    Your continued hate-filled diatribe against law enforcement is really getting old

    Points to clarify

    1 Jaywalking is a civil infraction but also disorderly conduct can also be cited when *said* pedestrian impedes vehicular traffic (misdemeanor crime)

    2 Obstructing, the officer *also a misdemeanor crime* and finally, the old man shoving/pushing a police officer is I believe a class C felony.

    The bottom line is.. any subject old/young/male/female who shoves/pushes a cop should not expect a shove in return.

    The law is crystal clear, you can’t shove/push a police officer
    But it is plenty fine with police shoving and push other people because you believe police a exempt for law and rather that they are the law?

  4. #144
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    We are seeing a transformation in the USA driving by the growing number of people who live in constant personal fear and what the government to be their mommy and daddy. Thus they want basically everyone totally controlled and any who do the slightest thing they don't 100% like to be fined so their money is taken, jailed and if they so the slightest failure to be totally submissive to be beaten.

    Cowardly, lazy people are also dangerous people when in comes to democracy. They are not educated voters believing in civil and human rights. They are the ignorant mob mentality.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Here's another case of police harassment caught on video. The female officer was trying to get the subject for smoking. The guy was at the bus stop within the light rail "trax" station. He denied smoking and stood his ground with the officer who called back up in case a take down was necessarily. The female officer being a bitch finally decided to charge the guy for trespassing at the light rail "trax" station. The two male officers were called to be there as back up so I don't fault them for being just present there.


  6. #146
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    But it is plenty fine with police shoving and push other people because you believe police a exempt for law and rather that they are the law?
    Wrong....Cops are not exempt from, the law. They simply enforce it

    Your issue is with, the individuals that write the law

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •