Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 146

Thread: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

  1. #111
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    You have repeated your assertion long enough, now go down to the basement and stay there.


    Still not addressing your false statements. Figures.
    There was no harassment.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    It's not my job to prove he was jaywalking. It is the cop's job, in court. Asking for the impossible is a pretty pathetic way to debate. I am saying that as soon as he pushed the cop, or laid a hand on the cop at all, or even just tried to walk away from the officer prior to getting the ticket, he was wrong and did something illegal. Pushing an officer at all (as the witness says the old man did) is a crime and what really got him in trouble, not the ticket itself.

    However, the man's story has changed between stories on this. One says that he claims to have left with the light, while others only say that he crossed with a group of people (something I have seen people do is cross together despite the light not being green for them to go). There are cameras in the area though (there was a news crew there and likely some cameras on the corners).
    No, this is a debate forum where you insist to side with the cop and made up stuffs against the old man here. You said you don't believe in the old man but you go with the cop's conduct, so I'm asking you to prove the old man committed jaywalking as claimed. I don't know where you were from but in this country the police/govt has the burden of proof.

    Also, how do you know the old man didn't reflexively push the officer when he was grabbed and pulled back by the cop? How do you know it was not an unintentional maneuver in his sudden curiosity to turn around to see what's going on when the cop grabbed and pulled him back given he didn't understand English?

    And must the old man ended up bloodied and send to the hospital?


  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post


    Still not addressing your false statements. Figures.
    There was no harassment.
    How many times have you said that and I let stand? So, move along...

  4. #114
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,943

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    No, this is a debate forum where you insist to side with the cop and made up stuffs against the old man here. You said you don't believe in the old man but you go with the cop's conduct, so I'm asking you to prove the old man committed jaywalking as claimed. I don't know where you were from but uin this country the police/govt has the burden of proof.

    Also, how do you know the old man didn't reflexively push the officer when he was grabbed and pulled back by the cop? How do you know it was not an unintentional maneuver in his sudden curiosity to turn around to see what's going on when the cop grabbed and pulled him back given he didn't understand English?

    I cannot prove that the man jaywalked, but I don't have to for this debate. Whether he jaywalked or not truly is up to a court to decide, not us. And it really has nothing to do with what the man was being arrested for.

    The witness gave a description of what happened (a witness you have quoted numerous times already). He says that the man pushed the cop, nothing about the cop grabbing him in any way prior to that push/struggle. The man started the actual confrontation. Up til that, it was simply him getting a ticket with the police not touching him at all.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    How many times have you said that and I let stand? So, move along...

    Let it stand?

    Your way to admit you are wrong.
    Good to know.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I cannot prove that the man jaywalked, but I don't have to for this debate. Whether he jaywalked or not truly is up to a court to decide, not us. And it really has nothing to do with what the man was being arrested for.

    The witness gave a description of what happened (a witness you have quoted numerous times already). He says that the man pushed the cop, nothing about the cop grabbing him in any way prior to that push/struggle. The man started the actual confrontation. Up til that, it was simply him getting a ticket with the police not touching him at all.
    Sure you have to if you insist to dismiss the words of the old man and take the side of the police officer.

    The witness said the cop pulled him back. How do you pull a person back if you are not grabbing him in any way? The witness, Ian King, specifically said the cop pulled him back followed by the old man pushing. You need to be diligent in your reading before you try to assassinate the character of a hardworking and productive man who contributed to the society rather than make him out to be the villiain.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Let it stand?

    Your way to admit you are wrong.
    Good to know.
    Whatever.

  8. #118
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Whatever.
    Exactly. There was no harassment.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    exactly. There was no harassment.
    w-h-a-t-e-v-e-r.

  10. #120
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,943

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Sure you have to if you insist to dismiss the words of the old man and take the side of the police officer.

    The witness said the cop pulled him back. How do you pull a person back if you are not grabbing him in any way? The witness, Ian King, specifically said the cop pulled him back followed by the old man pushing. You need to be diligent in your reading before you try to assassinate the character of a hardworking and productive man who contributed to the society rather than make him out to be the villiain.
    No I don't. I know what my debate is and what my points are. Apparently you have no clue though. The man was accused (via ticket) of jaywalking. If he wishes to contest the ticket, he does so in court and it is then the officer's responsibility to prove the man jaywalked and did so in a manner that actually violated the law (he began crossing after without the proper signal). The issuance of that ticket was not the reason for his arrest. The reason for his arrest was his pushing/struggling with the cop, basically throwing an impatient tantrum because he was being given a jaywalking ticket. That is also the reason for his injury. Had he not struggled with/pushed the police officer, he would neither have been arrested nor likely have ended up with an injury. He is at fault.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •