Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 146

Thread: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    And still, as evidenced by this thread alone you were and still are talking about yourself.
    iLOL
    Get real, dude. You actually have a lengthy pages of record concerning your thuggish behavior in the dungeon people can check out for themselves. Go down to the basement where you belong and stop wasting my time here.

  2. #102
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Get real, dude. You actually have a lengthy pages of record concerning your thuggish behavior in the dungeon people can check out for themselves. Go down to the basement where you belong and stop wasting my time here.

    And still, as evidenced by this thread alone you were and still are talking about yourself.
    iLOL
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    And still, as evidenced by this thread alone you were and still are talking about yourself.
    iLOL
    Your empty words mean squawk. Go to the basement where you belong. You're not worth my time here.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Your empty words mean squawk. Go to the basement where you belong. You're not worth my time here.

    That is because you are wrong, have been shown to be wrong, and will continue to be wrong.
    It isn't going to change.
    There was no harassment of the guy.
    Saying so is ridiculous.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    That is because you are wrong, have been shown to be wrong, and will continue to be wrong.
    It isn't going to change.
    There was no harassment of the guy.
    Saying so is ridiculous.
    Are you going to derail this thread to vent your frustration? Go to the basement for that, Excon.

  6. #106
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Are you going to derail this thread to vent your frustration? Go to the basement for that, Excon.
    Still can't address your ridiculous assertions. Figures.
    There was no harassment of the guy.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Still can't address your ridiculous assertions. Figures.
    There was no harassment of the guy.
    You have repeated your assertion long enough, now go down to the basement and stay there.

  8. #108
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Keep on harping with your "fight in court" mantra. It's probably the best thing you can dish out for now.


    On the bold part above, you just described the harassment conduct of the cop for "inappropriately approaching a person in a way that is meant to disturb or upset a person'. Good job right there.


    You call getting a ticket of $250 per pop for not making across the intersection in time a monetary incentive for not jaywalking a rational argument?


    Monetary incentive is money awarded by the police dept to the person every time he did not engage in the behavior of jaywalking. If you can't distincguish the difference, you're a lost cause.
    No, issuing a legal ticket is not harassment. And the tickets for jaywalking in NYC are about $125, not $250.

    You can't prove that the guy simply "didn't make it in time". That is his claim, just as many people who speed will claim that they were going the speed limit. That is something to be discussed in court, not on the street with the cop.

    Negative monetary incentive, if you prefer. Taking money from someone for doing something wrong. If you don't do it, you keep your money.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No, issuing a legal ticket is not harassment. And the tickets for jaywalking in NYC are about $125, not $250.

    You can't prove that the guy simply "didn't make it in time". That is his claim, just as many people who speed will claim that they were going the speed limit. That is something to be discussed in court, not on the street with the cop.

    Negative monetary incentive, if you prefer. Taking money from someone for doing something wrong. If you don't do it, you keep your money.
    All right then, if you don't believe in the old man's words, can you prove that the old man violated the jaywalking law? C'mon, put the money where you mouth is.

  10. #110
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    All right then, if you don't believe in the old man's words, can you prove that the old man violated the jaywalking law? C'mon, put the money where you mouth is.
    It's not my job to prove he was jaywalking. It is the cop's job, in court. Asking for the impossible is a pretty pathetic way to debate. I am saying that as soon as he pushed the cop, or laid a hand on the cop at all, or even just tried to walk away from the officer prior to getting the ticket, he was wrong and did something illegal. Pushing an officer at all (as the witness says the old man did) is a crime and what really got him in trouble, not the ticket itself.

    However, the man's story has changed between stories on this. One says that he claims to have left with the light, while others only say that he crossed with a group of people (something I have seen people do is cross together despite the light not being green for them to go). There are cameras in the area though (there was a news crew there and likely some cameras on the corners).
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •