Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 146

Thread: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No. I prefer rationality. The police doing their job to protect us and not being harassed by people who are inconvenienced by the police doing their job, so they attempt to fight those police. I prefer rational dialog instead of overdramatization of a situation. I prefer people who do not automatically assume the police are at fault based on personal biases against the police when a situation arises.
    You are anything but rational on this issue. The cop harassed the old man for crossing the intersection and you turn the table around? How's the police protecting the people when mob behaving crotch riders are running around terrorizing the streets of NYC and this cop is harassing this old man for jaywalking that results in him bloodied and in hospital?

    You are not rational at all.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    You are anything but rational on this issue. The cop harassed the old man for crossing the intersection and you turn the table around? How's the police protecting the people when mob behaving crotch riders are running around terrorizing the streets of NYC and this cop is harassing this old man for jaywalking that results in him bloodied and in hospital?

    You are not rational at all.
    What is irrational is saying the cop harassed the guy.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #93
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,953

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    You are anything but rational on this issue. The cop harassed the old man for crossing the intersection and you turn the table around? How's the police protecting the people when mob behaving crotch riders are running around terrorizing the streets of NYC and this cop is harassing this old man for jaywalking that results in him bloodied and in hospital?

    You are not rational at all.
    Good work on the emotional diatribe of irrationality here.

    No one was "harassed". He was being given a ticket for jaywalking, something completely within a law enforcement officer's job. If he wants to contest the ticket, contest it in court. Do not push the police officer giving you the ticket. And no, it was not the jaywalking ticket that left the man bloodied and in the hospital. It was his actions in struggling with the police officers.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Good work on the emotional diatribe of irrationality here.

    No one was "harassed". He was being given a ticket for jaywalking, something completely within a law enforcement officer's job. If he wants to contest the ticket, contest it in court. Do not push the police officer giving you the ticket. And no, it was not the jaywalking ticket that left the man bloodied and in the hospital. It was his actions in struggling with the police officers.
    "emotional diatribe"? I see you've been exconized pretty good.


    Yes, the old man was harassed for crossing the intersection by the abusive cop whose interest was to meet the quotas to fill the coffer. If you want to live in a fascist police state where the police watch your portion size and tell you what to eat and how much to eat and where to walk and when not to walk, by all means go back to where you crawl from instead of trying to violate our individual liberty guaranteed by our Constitution.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    What is irrational is saying the cop harassed the guy.
    Your debate record sucks, therefore you have no standing whatsoever to talk about rationality vs irrationality. You're dismissed.

  6. #96
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,953

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    "emotional diatribe"? I see you've been exconized pretty good.


    Yes, the old man was harassed for crossing the intersection by the abusive cop whose interest was to meet the quotas to fill the coffer. If you want to live in a fascist police state where the police watch your portion size and tell you what to eat and how much to eat and where to walk and when not to walk, by all means go back to where you crawl from instead of trying to violate our individual liberty guaranteed by our Constitution.
    Fight in courts. Not on the street. Only idiots who want to get arrested try to fight tickets on the street, with the cop. Any rational person knows that you have a much better chance (a really good chance in fact if you are an old man getting a jaywalking ticket) of fighting the ticket in court and winning (not having to pay the ticket). But you don't have such a good chance when you push or fight with the police officer giving you the ticket on the street.

    And no, harassment involves inappropriately approaching a person in a way that is meant to disturb or upset a person. While giving the ticket may have upset the man, that was not the intent of the actual ticket. The intent was to give monetary incentive to the man not to jaywalk. This was absolutely not harassment.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #97
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Your debate record sucks, therefore you have no standing whatsoever to talk about rationality vs irrationality. You're dismissed.

    iLOL
    As evidenced by this thread alone, you are clearly speaking of your own record.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Fight in courts. Not on the street. Only idiots who want to get arrested try to fight tickets on the street, with the cop. Any rational person knows that you have a much better chance (a really good chance in fact if you are an old man getting a jaywalking ticket) of fighting the ticket in court and winning (not having to pay the ticket). But you don't have such a good chance when you push or fight with the police officer giving you the ticket on the street.

    And no, harassment involves inappropriately approaching a person in a way that is meant to disturb or upset a person. While giving the ticket may have upset the man, that was not the intent of the actual ticket. The intent was to give monetary incentive to the man not to jaywalk. This was absolutely not harassment.
    Keep on harping with your "fight in court" mantra. It's probably the best thing you can dish out for now.


    On the bold part above, you just described the harassment conduct of the cop for "inappropriately approaching a person in a way that is meant to disturb or upset a person'. Good job right there.


    You call getting a ticket of $250 per pop for not making across the intersection in time a monetary incentive for not jaywalking a rational argument?


    Monetary incentive is money awarded by the police dept to the person every time he did not engage in the behavior of jaywalking. If you can't distincguish the difference, you're a lost cause.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    iLOL
    As evidenced by this thread alone, you are clearly speaking of your own record.
    Given my previous tedious dealing with your diatribes and your known record I'd rather debate with an echo wall decorated with some parrots as sidekicks. At least I can climb the wall when I get bored and feel like it.

    Now, go down to the basement and collect your dungeon trophy. Or do you need me to go down there to add my name to the list in honor of your thuggish debate skill?
    Last edited by dolphinocean; 02-02-14 at 03:07 PM.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Gang of NYPD cops beating up on 84 year-old man for jaywalking [W:129]

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Given my previous tedious dealing with your diatribes and your known record I'd rather debate with an echo wall decorated with some parrots as sidekicks. At least I can climb the wall when I get bored and feel like it.

    Now, go down to the basement and collect your dungeon trophy. Or do you need me to go down there to add my name to the list in honor of your thuggish debate skill?

    And still, as evidenced by this thread alone you were and still are talking about yourself.
    iLOL
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •