Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 208

Thread: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

  1. #1
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Seen
    08-02-15 @ 07:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89

    Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Justice For Kelly Thomas - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest


    Description

    "A homeless and mentally-ill man that has been described as a "gentle soul" - Kelly Thomas, 37 - was unable to put up any resistance and was lying on the ground on his front when a vicious attack took place on July 5, by six Fullerton police officer's.

    His screams and the cries for his father, "Dad!", "Dad!", "Dad!"... can be heard amid the tasering noises that a witness caught on tape. Witnesses allegedly also heard the officer's keep repeating to him to "Stop resisting!", but they have said that not only was he NOT resisting, for much of the beating he was unconscious.

    He was (allegedly) unconscious when an officer bashed in his skull with the butt of his taser gun, and he was (allegedly) unconscious when another officer jump kicked him a number of times and crushed in his throat and nasal cavity.

    Please stand with us in solidarity to support the Thomas Family in bringing justice for Kelly against the Fullerton, CA Police Dept. Force like this should NEVER be used...

    5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest - Read More

    Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

  2. #2
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    There is no justification for beating a man to death by cops, none. The problem with the protest is that the trial is over. There is no double jeopardy for the beaters. The best they can hope to accomplish is perhaps to prevent another beating.

    You read about incidents like this, incidents like the one described here, and that we have more prisoners per capita than any other nation on Earth, and can easily come to the conclusion that we have a police state right here in the beacon of liberty.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #3
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Seen
    08-02-15 @ 07:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Indeed, I completely agree, and I believe there is a push to make this not only a protest against the Kelly Thomas verdict given down in Fullerton, but all police brutality in California and the Nation. Hopefully this Action event will get much more media attention.

  4. #4
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    There is no justification for beating a man to death by cops, none. The problem with the protest is that the trial is over. There is no double jeopardy for the beaters. The best they can hope to accomplish is perhaps to prevent another beating. You read about incidents like this, incidents like the one described here, and that we have more prisoners per capita than any other nation on Earth, and can easily come to the conclusion that we have a police state right here in the beacon of liberty.
    Actually the feds are still looking into it and there is the ongoing litigation regarding the re-hiring of the officers (the CoP says no, the officers are suing to regain their positions). So all the outcries may not be for naught.

    Edited to ad links to claims:
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...,4049891.story
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...0,226538.story
    Last edited by Summerwind; 01-26-14 at 06:39 PM.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  5. #5
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by RLF View Post
    Justice For Kelly Thomas - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest


    Description

    "A homeless and mentally-ill man that has been described as a "gentle soul" - Kelly Thomas, 37 - was unable to put up any resistance and was lying on the ground on his front when a vicious attack took place on July 5, by six Fullerton police officer's.

    His screams and the cries for his father, "Dad!", "Dad!", "Dad!"... can be heard amid the tasering noises that a witness caught on tape. Witnesses allegedly also heard the officer's keep repeating to him to "Stop resisting!", but they have said that not only was he NOT resisting, for much of the beating he was unconscious.

    He was (allegedly) unconscious when an officer bashed in his skull with the butt of his taser gun, and he was (allegedly) unconscious when another officer jump kicked him a number of times and crushed in his throat and nasal cavity.

    Please stand with us in solidarity to support the Thomas Family in bringing justice for Kelly against the Fullerton, CA Police Dept. Force like this should NEVER be used...

    5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest - Read More

    Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest
    I've marked it on my calendar, though I admit to rarely participating as I am indigent and should I get rounded up by the cops would be in jail a while before I could make bail, etc, so I try usually to stay away from trouble areas. For this I may reconsider.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  6. #6
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by RLF View Post
    described as a "gentle soul"
    You can all fall for the bs if you choose.

    Such a gentile soul who ...
    "Between 1990 and 2011, Thomas had 92 encounters with the police. These encounters ranged from minor infractions such as trespassing to assault with a deadly weapon."
    Death of Kelly Thomas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    What a gentile soul indeed!




    The Officers were rightfully cleared of any criminality.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #7
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You can all fall for the bs if you choose.

    Such a gentile soul who ...
    "Between 1990 and 2011, Thomas had 92 encounters with the police. These encounters ranged from minor infractions such as trespassing to assault with a deadly weapon."
    Death of Kelly Thomas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    What a gentile soul indeed!




    The Officers were rightfully cleared of any criminality.
    It sounds to me as if he was a mentally ill person who should have been in an institution that might have helped him.

    But, looking at the "after" photo, there can be no justification for the use of such force, none. If he had a deadly weapon, and was threatening the cops with it, then a shooting might have been justified. If he didn't, then there is no conceivable reason for beating him to death.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #8
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    It sounds to me as if he was a mentally ill person who should have been in an institution that might have helped him.
    Do you have information that he wasn't being helped?


    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    But, looking at the "after" photo, there can be no justification for the use of such force, none. If he had a deadly weapon, and was threatening the cops with it, then a shooting might have been justified. If he didn't, then there is no conceivable reason for beating him to death.
    If you want to let the photo sway your emotions go ahead. I wont.
    The injuries to his face are supposedly the results of two blows.
    So it is nothing but the blood and swelling making it look far worse.
    Which is not being beaten to death.


    His chest was crushed by the weight of the needed Officers to subdue him. That is inadvertent, but not criminal.
    He died from asphyxiation caused by his chest being crushed.
    The examiner testified to such during the prelim.
    Which agreed with the paramedics who testified at trial that he had no blood or obstruction of his airway.
    But before the trial, she met with the prosecutor and changed her story to include his other facial injuries contributing to his death. Yet as we already know the paramedics clearly stated his airway was unobstructed.

    You can read what was presented to the jury by the defense here.
    Kelly Thomas Trial Update: Defense tells jury to analyze case 'without the emotion' | 89.3 KPCC
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #9
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Do you have information that he wasn't being helped?


    If you want to let the photo sway your emotions go ahead. I wont.
    The injuries to his face are supposedly the results of two blows.
    So it is nothing but the blood and swelling making it look far worse.
    Which is not being beaten to death.


    His chest was crushed by the weight of the needed Officers to subdue him. That is inadvertent, but not criminal.
    He died from asphyxiation caused by his chest being crushed.
    The examiner testified to such during the prelim.
    Which agreed with the paramedics who testified at trial that he had no blood or obstruction of his airway.
    But before the trial, she met with the prosecutor and changed her story to include his other facial injuries contributing to his death. Yet as we already know the paramedics clearly stated his airway was unobstructed.

    You can read what was presented to the jury by the defense here.
    Kelly Thomas Trial Update: Defense tells jury to analyze case 'without the emotion' | 89.3 KPCC
    If he was being helped, the help wasn't very effective.

    Let's look at the case without emotion, then, without looking at the face of a man beaten to a pulp.

    Did he present a threat to the police, one worthy of the use of deadly force?
    How many times did they actually tase him?
    and finally,
    Just how dispassionately did the cops act while doing their duty and attempting to arrest this one lone individual?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by RLF View Post
    Justice For Kelly Thomas - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest


    Description

    "A homeless and mentally-ill man that has been described as a "gentle soul" - Kelly Thomas, 37 - was unable to put up any resistance and was lying on the ground on his front when a vicious attack took place on July 5, by six Fullerton police officer's.

    His screams and the cries for his father, "Dad!", "Dad!", "Dad!"... can be heard amid the tasering noises that a witness caught on tape. Witnesses allegedly also heard the officer's keep repeating to him to "Stop resisting!", but they have said that not only was he NOT resisting, for much of the beating he was unconscious.

    He was (allegedly) unconscious when an officer bashed in his skull with the butt of his taser gun, and he was (allegedly) unconscious when another officer jump kicked him a number of times and crushed in his throat and nasal cavity.

    Please stand with us in solidarity to support the Thomas Family in bringing justice for Kelly against the Fullerton, CA Police Dept. Force like this should NEVER be used...

    5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest - Read More

    Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest
    His desperate cries for his daddy and God which slowly waned off into a low mourning and then stopped as he slipped into unconsciousness really got me. He was like a child crying out for his daddy to help him while repeatedly apologizing for the wrong he did not commit. There were many spectators. At one point he was calling out for "Coroner" or something. But, unfortunately there was no one to step forward to help him. It's hard to blame them when the ones doing the brutal beatings were cops.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •