Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 208

Thread: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

  1. #81
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    If my son were being beaten to death and called to me to help him and I was not there, my soul would be so tortured forever after that I would have no concern for the consequences of any action I took in retribution. I wouldn't give a sht about some academic BS argument that it was "legal." it was a heinous, inhumane, torturous killing of a frightened, weak man with the mind of a child. It needs to be made right.

    Forget the legality. Forget the politics. Some things are right and some things are wrong. This was wrong.
    Last edited by Ray410; 01-30-14 at 06:02 AM.

  2. #82
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    it was a heinous, inhumane, torturous killing of a frightened, weak man with the mind of a child.
    Emotive bs.
    Nor is that what happened.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    It needs to be made right.
    There is nothing to make right.
    Just more emotive nonsense.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    This was wrong.
    Tragic? Yes.
    Wrong? No, it clearly wasn't.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #83
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And again. Every encounter is different and this was not an ideal one.
    Kelly was tasered multiple times to no effect. You do understand that, right?
    It then took six Officers to finally subdue him. you do get that. right? With the weight of one or all inadvertently crushing Kelly's chest, causing asphyxiation. You do understand what inadvertent means, right?


    Spent 15:27 arguing and sniping at a smart ass homeless guy?
    You can blame Kelly's non-cooperation for that too. And it took that long to be able to conduct a search of his bag where property which did not belong to him was found. Commencing with preparations for a pat-down.


    Apparently all you are being is emotive about this.


    Yep! Emotive.
    Speaking ridiculous exaggerations that did not happen.
    Yes. people do amazing things when they are fighting for their life. Sometimes, when people are being beaten to death, they resist.

    The mere fact that the verbal exchange went on for 15:27 shows just how ****ty a cop Ramos was. The fact that he lost his temper shows how ****ty a cop Ramos was. The fact that he threatened to beat the **** out of the guy shows how ****ty a cop he was. The fact that you defend him...well...that speaks volumes too.

  4. #84
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    If my son were being beaten to death and called to me to help him and I was not there, my soul would be so tortured forever after that I would have no concern for the consequences of any action I took in retribution. I wouldn't give a sht about some academic BS argument that it was "legal." it was a heinous, inhumane, torturous killing of a frightened, weak man with the mind of a child. It needs to be made right.

    Forget the legality. Forget the politics. Some things are right and some things are wrong. This was wrong.
    Seriously, stop it.

    Kelly was bring resistive and non compliant. Stupidity is meant to be painful.

    Here's a video of an individual that's high but fully compliant

    No tasers, no PR-24s are needed


  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Anyone who defends these officers has no idea what it is like to deal with the cops when you are homeless or live in poverty. Nothing is more entertaining than seeing these posters look more and more foolish as they attempt to justify this street murder perpetrated by these civil servants.

    Hopefully, when the publicity dies down, some citizen will pay a visit to these policemen and show them what justice looks like.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Yes. people do amazing things when they are fighting for their life.

    He was not fighting for his life at the time. He was doing what is called resiting.


    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Sometimes, when people are being beaten to death, they resist.

    Exaggeration nonsense. He was not being beating to death.


    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The mere fact that the verbal exchange went on for 15:27 shows just how ****ty a cop Ramos was.
    No it doesn't.
    All it shows is how patient he was with Kelly's repeated bs.


    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The fact that he lost his temper shows how ****ty a cop Ramos was.
    iLOL Hardly.


    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The fact that he threatened to beat the **** out of the guy shows how ****ty a cop he was.
    Exaggerational nonsense. A hollow threat was made in an attempt to gain compliance. That does not means he is a ****ty cop.


    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The fact that you defend him...well...that speaks volumes too.
    So you, engaging in exaggeration now what to be personal about it.
    What a shame.
    Just shows you don't have a leg to stand on.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #87
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are being absurd.
    He died because he chose to resist. And he was threatening. Especially when he grabbed the taser.

    And dying inadvertently is not use of deadly force by any stretch of the imagination.

    Which is all moot at this point because the Jury found the Officers did not act in a criminal manner.
    I love the "..but the jury found them not guilty..." argument. Juries never convict cops of anything, because they have to live in that community. And the one thing you don't want is to have cops mad at you. It's a good way to wind up dead.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  8. #88
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    He was not fighting for his life at the time. He was doing what is called resiting.



    Exaggeration nonsense. He was not being beating to death.


    No it doesn't.
    All it shows is how patient he was with Kelly's repeated bs.


    iLOL Hardly.


    Exaggerational nonsense. A hollow threat was made in an attempt to gain compliance. That does not means he is a ****ty cop.


    So you, engaging in exaggeration now what to be personal about it.
    What a shame.
    Just shows you don't have a leg to stand on.
    Ramos was a cop. Cops are trained to deal with difficult people. You dont get into power plays with difficult people. He did and he lost control and as a result, he first threatened, then beat the **** of a suspect, a suspect who later died directly due to the actions of a law enforcement officer. There is no mechanism by which a law enforcement officer can or should put their fist in someones face and threaten to beat the **** out of him. Had he done his job, it would have never gotten to that point. Your continued defense of the indefensible speaks volumes.

  9. #89
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Anyone who defends these officers has no idea what it is like to deal with the cops when you are homeless or live in poverty. Nothing is more entertaining than seeing these posters look more and more foolish as they attempt to justify this street murder perpetrated by these civil servants.

    Hopefully, when the publicity dies down, some citizen will pay a visit to these policemen and show them what justice looks like.
    The homeless are easy targets for the thugs with badges, because they figure nobody gives a crap about what happens to them and therefore its perfectly OK to take out their anger and frustrations on them. Cops also know that nobody with a badge will ever be convicted for killing a homeless person.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  10. #90
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    I love the "..but the jury found them not guilty..." argument. Juries never convict cops of anything, because they have to live in that community. And the one thing you don't want is to have cops mad at you. It's a good way to wind up dead.
    Exaggerated nonsense.
    You are wrong.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •