Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 208

Thread: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

  1. #171
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,611

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Ah, you left out *sue*like in $$$$$

    Again, your emotions impede rational thought regarding, the law and yes, you will be seeing in the future....a huge settlement for, the officers for wrongful termination/serious libel and slander.

    This is just the beginning
    Its not about emotions its about reality. No law enforcement officer has the right to threaten to beat the **** out of someone Ever. Officer Ramos was a pathetic cop. He handled the first 15:27 in a pathetic manner. He lost his temper and committed a crime threatening to assault a suspect. He was fired by the Fullerton PD because of his actions. Your continued blind defense of his actions is equally pathetic.

  2. #172
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,611

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I have no idea who you think you are trying to bamboozle, but no, it isn't horse ****. Those are not the facts, just ridiculous emotional opining from you.

    All you originally provided is what you said the law defines it as you did not provide the actual law as I did.

    I have no clue why you want to continue arguing what you were wrong about, but oh well...
    The following is you not actually providing the law. But only providing a persons interpretation of the law.
    The info you provided above, which was unsourced, can be found at the following.
    California laws on "Criminal Threats" | Penal Code 422 PC
    Which is not the actual law.
    (And yes, you did later provide the full law after you were challenged as not providing it, which in no way negates that challenge)


    Then "Dittohead not!" switched it up to "Assault", in which, unlike you I provided the actual law.

    We then got back to 422 when he quotes what you provided.

    At which time I respond with the relevant portion of the actual law.



    Of which, from all of the above, nothing applies.
    As the Officers were acting within their training. You can not get around that no matter how you try.
    And even more telling in the debate, as to which side is correct, is the fact that they were not charged with any such a crime. Duh!




    No it wasn't. It was emotional tripe.


    As for the Officers being out of a job?
    And?
    A decision based on uninformed public outrage, of what the terminating authority believes wasn't proper conduct for their Department, in no way shape or form says it was criminal.
    They had a trial for that and were found not guilty.
    That was a pathetic attempt at tap dancing. I offered two codes for comparison showing Ramos actions were illegal and would in in pretty much every state. I cited both the Texas and Ca law. I then cited it with a second source and finally cited it with yet a third source, the third being one YOU used so you couldnt give a mindless rebuttal based on sources. They all said the same thing. They all show quite clearly that Ramos violated the Ca Penal code. AND he was a pathetic cop to boot. He engaged in a power play for 15:27 second...got pissed, and threatened to beat the **** out of a suspect. He got fired for his actions.

  3. #173
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,472

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    That was a pathetic attempt at tap dancing. I offered two codes for comparison showing Ramos actions were illegal and would in in pretty much every state. I cited both the Texas and Ca law. I then cited it with a second source and finally cited it with yet a third source, the third being one YOU used so you couldnt give a mindless rebuttal based on sources. They all said the same thing. They all show quite clearly that Ramos violated the Ca Penal code. AND he was a pathetic cop to boot. He engaged in a power play for 15:27 second...got pissed, and threatened to beat the **** out of a suspect. He got fired for his actions.
    It is a waste of time trying to convince blind followers the wrong act of Ramos. The one fact that stands glaringly out is even though this jury found him not guilty his own police dept fired him.

    One cannot have an agency without any checks and balance as absolute power corrupts. This sort of gestapo police action can not be allowed in our country.

    He was a pathetic piece of garbage to be wearing that badge. What are the standards down there? Obvious being fit for the job is not a criteria.

  4. #174
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,611

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    It is a waste of time trying to convince blind followers the wrong act of Ramos. The one fact that stands glaringly out is even though this jury found him not guilty his own police dept fired him.

    One cannot have an agency without any checks and balance as absolute power corrupts. This sort of gestapo police action can not be allowed in our country.

    He was a pathetic piece of garbage to be wearing that badge. What are the standards down there? Obvious being fit for the job is not a criteria.
    They were charged with 2nd degree murder and manslaughter. I think it would have been tough to prove those charges. Ramos wasnt charged with wht he was obviously guilty of...however it did cost him his job.

  5. #175
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    That was a pathetic attempt at tap dancing.
    The tap dancing has been all yours, as shown.


    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I offered two codes for comparison showing
    No you didn't.
    As shown, you offered someone else defining a code, not the actual code itself.


    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Ramos actions were illegal and would in in pretty much every state.
    You have shown no such thing.



    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I cited both the Texas and Ca law.
    No you didn't.
    As shown, you offered someone else defining a code, not the actual code itself.


    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I then cited it with a second source and finally cited it with yet a third source, the third being one YOU used so you couldnt give a mindless rebuttal based on sources.
    You only cited the actual law after you were checked for not providing it in the first place.
    And as we saw, it required a threat to commit a crime, of which there was none, as his actions were within his training.


    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    They all show quite clearly that Ramos violated the Ca Penal code.
    As shown, no they do not.
    None of them do.
    He made no threat to commit a crime as his actions were within his training.


    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    AND he was a pathetic cop to boot. He engaged in a power play for 15:27 second...got pissed, and threatened to beat the **** out of a suspect. He got fired for his actions.
    Yes, yes, we know. Your emotional thoughts lead you to demean and be derogatory towards the person. You keep displaying the same emotional behavior over and over again.
    But it does not change the fact that Officer Ramos was acting within his training and were therefore legal.


    And as for terminations. Matter not. As individuals are fired over none illegal acts all the time.
    And as at least one of them is seeking to be reinstated. So you got nothing other than emotive tripe.






    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    It is a waste of time trying to convince blind followers the wrong act of Ramos.
    It is a waste of time presenting the evidence to those motivated by emotion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    He was a pathetic piece of garbage to be wearing that badge.
    See, emotive nonsense.



    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    The one fact that stands glaringly out is even though this jury found him not guilty his own police dept fired him.
    A judgement made before the Jury verdict and brought about from uninformed public outcry in an attempt to assuage the masses. iLOL
    It really means nothing to the legality of their actions. But a Jury verdict does.
    Last edited by Excon; 02-01-14 at 06:53 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #176
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,611

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    The tap dancing has been all yours, as shown.


    No you didn't.
    As shown, you offered someone else defining a code, not the actual code itself.


    You have shown no such thing.



    No you didn't.
    As shown, you offered someone else defining a code, not the actual code itself.


    You only cited the actual law after you were checked for not providing it in the first place.
    And as we saw, it required a threat to commit a crime, of which there was none, as his actions were within his training.


    As shown, no they do not.
    None of them do.
    He made no threat to commit a crime as his actions were within his training.


    Yes, yes, we know. Your emotional thoughts lead you to demean and be derogatory towards the person. You keep displaying the same emotional behavior over and over again.
    But it does not change the fact that Officer Ramos was acting within his training and were therefore legal.


    And as for terminations. Matter not. As individuals are fired over none illegal acts all the time.
    And as at least one of them is seeking to be reinstated. So you got nothing other than emotive tripe.






    It is a waste of time presenting the evidence to those motivated by emotion.

    See, emotive nonsense.



    A judgement made before the Jury verdict and brought about from uninformed public outcry in an attempt to assuage the masses. iLOL
    It really means nothing to the legality of their actions. But a Jury verdict does.
    Not in the least about 'emotions'. There is a fair amount of blind and mindless defense of a fired law enforcement officer that couldnt manage a simple contact with a homeless suspect and that allowed himself to get so 'emotional' that he broke the law and threatened to beat the **** out of the suspect, then proceeded to do so. And it has absolutely been shown by code which law he broke. Your continued defense of him is just...sad.

  7. #177
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,290

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And there was no assault.
    That is what you are not getting.
    An Officer acting in a an Official Capacity and within training. is one acting within the law.
    Do you really not know that?
    Let's see now. A dude with multiple unconcealed weapons menaces another dude verbally, but that is not a threat. Batcrap. The dude then assaults the dude that was threatened, but that's not assault. More batcrap. The assaulted dude dies and that's still not a crime because you say so. Ultimate batcrap. An Officer trained to kill, kills that guy and that's OK, because that's within training. Batcrap overload. You're not the devil's advocate, so what does that leave?

  8. #178
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Its not about emotions its about reality. No law enforcement officer has the right to threaten to beat the **** out of someone Ever. Officer Ramos was a pathetic cop. He handled the first 15:27 in a pathetic manner. He lost his temper and committed a crime threatening to assault a suspect. He was fired by the Fullerton PD because of his actions. Your continued blind defense of his actions is equally pathetic.
    The goal of law enforcement is to gain voluntary compliance.

    If that means by a cop presence *magnifico/great*...if not, then LE goes up on the use of force continuum and if *said suspect* has enough of a commitment to fight a cop, the individual will continue to resist until LE can physically *whatever it takes* change his/her mind.

    The end result to police use of force, is always to take the suspect into custody with the least likelihood injury or death to, the officer FIRST..that's right, the LEO's safety comes first and the suspect, last. *Said* policies usually assign a range of tools for a range of suspect resistance. Within a range of resistance, any of the specified tools or skills may be used and are considered equally appropriate.

    All depart's use of force policy must be compliant with existing case law. If an officer acts within policy and case law, the officer is good to go thus, the NOT GUILTY verdict in this riveting case

  9. #179
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Not in the least about 'emotions'. There is a fair amount of blind and mindless defense of a fired law enforcement officer that couldnt manage a simple contact with a homeless suspect and that allowed himself to get so 'emotional' that he broke the law and threatened to beat the **** out of the suspect, then proceeded to do so. And it has absolutely been shown by code which law he broke. Your continued defense of him is just...sad.
    Your absurdly ridiculous spin, which is rooted in emotion, is noted.





    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Let's see now. A dude with multiple unconcealed weapons menaces another dude verbally, but that is not a threat. Batcrap. The dude then assaults the dude that was threatened, but that's not assault. More batcrap. The assaulted dude dies and that's still not a crime because you say so. Ultimate batcrap. An Officer trained to kill, kills that guy and that's OK, because that's within training. Batcrap overload. You're not the devil's advocate, so what does that leave?

    Hmmm? Let's see.
    Law Enforcement Officers acting legally in the performance of their duties is not assault. Period.
    An individual dying as a result of his resistance was inadvertent. Not intentional.

    Your spin is crap, as noted.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #180
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,611

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Your absurdly ridiculous spin, which is rooted in emotion, is noted.






    Hmmm? Let's see.
    Law Enforcement Officers acting legally in the performance of their duties is not assault. Period.
    An individual dying as a result of his resistance was inadvertent. Not intentional.

    Your spin is crap, as noted.
    I dont know which is more laughable...that you continue to defend the actions of a piss poor cop that allowed himself to get into a 15:27 second power play and lost and then threatened to beat the **** out of a suspect (and then did) in violation of clearly cited California law, or your continued assertion that the absolute obvious and factual reality is somehow clouded by 'emotion'. Its a hilariously bad debate 'tactic' and one which obviously only you and your sidekick in failure seem to embrace. But hey...considering your options...I guess its all you have.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •