Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 208

Thread: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

  1. #131
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,582

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    There's no assuming. He is correct

    No assault and no criminal threat by, the LEO

    Don't mess around with the officer trying to arrest you and you won't get tased/OC or punched in the face. Seems simple enough.
    as long as you're rational, yes, that might work.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #132
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    as long as you're rational, yes, that might work.

    I can also tell you that having, the right attitude can be helpful like using these simple words....

    Yes sir, no sir, thank you sir, etc...

  3. #133
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,717

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Attempt to have an Officer, who acted in official capacity and within his training, charged with such, and watch yourself get laughed out of the Office.
    So...you excuse criminal behavior...as long as it is criminal behavior by an officer.

  4. #134
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,717

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are reaching to an extreme, and it is why you are wrong.
    He was acting in Official capacity attempting to gain compliance. Acting within his training.
    He was not threatening to commit a crime.

    422. (a) Any person who willfully threatens to commit a crime [...]
    ANY person. NOT "Any person except cops...because they can do whatever they want..."

    ****ty cop did a piss poor job of dealing with a suspect, then committed a crime, and the suspect is dead.

  5. #135
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,717

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Still more absurdity. And the only thing criminal was Kelly's resistance.

    Stop being so emotional.
    Kelly was in the wrong, so get over it.
    There is a general understanding that targets of law enforcement will not act reasonable and cooperative. That doesnt give law enforcement officers carte blanche to beat the **** out of them or even threaten to do so. Cuz...see...thats a crime...

  6. #136
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,717

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    There's no assuming. He is correct

    No assault and no criminal threat by, the LEO

    Don't mess around with the officer trying to arrest you and you won't get tased/OC or punched in the face. Seems simple enough.
    So...you "read up"....you just dont care what the law says if it differs with your opinion.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,582

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    I can also tell you that having, the right attitude can be helpful like using these simple words....

    Yes sir, no sir, thank you sir, etc...
    You don't have to tell me. Tell the next delusional paranoid you meet.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #138
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    So...you excuse criminal behavior...as long as it is criminal behavior by an officer.
    As it wasn't criminal behavior on the Officers part, you are exaggerating.


    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    422. (a) Any person who willfully threatens to commit a crime [...]
    ANY person. NOT "Any person except cops...because they can do whatever they want..."

    ****ty cop did a piss poor job of dealing with a suspect, then committed a crime, and the suspect is dead.
    D'oh!
    You are ignoring the operative words. "...threatens to commit a crime..." That didn't happen.

    And you are ignoring what was testified to during trial to come to such a conclusion.

    But for the foul language, his actions were within his training. They were legal.


    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    There is a general understanding that targets of law enforcement will not act reasonable and cooperative. That doesnt give law enforcement officers carte blanche to beat the **** out of them or even threaten to do so. Cuz...see...thats a crime...
    Still spouting nonsense I see.
    Figures.

    Your emotions are preventing you from staying within the evidence.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #139
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,717

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    As it wasn't criminal behavior on the Officers part, you are exaggerating.



    D'oh!
    You are ignoring the operative words. "...threatens to commit a crime..." That didn't happen.

    And you are ignoring what was testified to during trial to come to such a conclusion.

    But for the foul language, his actions were within his training. They were legal.


    Still spouting nonsense I see.
    Figures.

    Your emotions are preventing you from staying within the evidence.
    I posted the actual legal code. His actions were in fact a crime. That you defend that slug of a cop is just sad. He failed miserably dealing with a guy for 15:27 and then lost his cool and threatened an assault and in the process committed a crime. Then they proceeded to act on the threat. because Ramos is a ****ty cop, the suspect died.

  10. #140
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Los Angeles California - 5000 Angelenos For Kelly Thomas Protest

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I posted the actual legal code. His actions were in fact a crime.

    No. I actually posted the relevant legal code from California. His actions were legal.
    What you posted was legal code from Texas, which is not relevant to an Officer in California. And even if this had taken place in Texas, still not relevant as his actions were still legal.


    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    That you defend that slug of a cop
    Emotive tripe!


    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    He failed miserably dealing with a guy for 15:27 and then lost his cool and threatened an assault and in the process committed a crime.
    Emotive tripe.
    The amount of time showed just how patient he was being with Kelly.
    Nor did he commit a crime.
    He made a hollow threat, that was not acted upon, in an attempt to gain compliance from Kelly. As testified to, but for the foul language his actions were within training. They were not illegal or a crime.


    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Then they proceeded to act on the threat. because Ramos is a ****ty cop, the suspect died.
    The hollow threat that was not acted upon, is separated by events from Kelly that caused both officers to react. That reaction had absolutely nothing to do with any hollow threat made.
    Kelly resisting brought about his own death.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •