Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Rick Perry, of All People, Backs Decriminalizing Marijuana

  1. #21
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,513

    Re: Rick Perry, of All People, Backs Decriminalizing Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    He means Democrat Ann Richards who won after "busting rocks" Republican Clayton Williams explained how if a woman is going to be raped she should lie back and enjoy it. However, Queen Ann only lasted one term, losing to W Bush.
    I actually remember Clayton's stupid joke comparing rape to bad weather. More than that, I remember his refusing to shake Ann Richards's hand. More than that and, I think, only a day before the election, he publicly stated that he didn't know what amendments were on the ballot and that he depended on his wife Modesta to keep him informed.

    But he doesn't represent even more than one gubernatorial season.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Rick Perry, of All People, Backs Decriminalizing Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    He means Democrat Ann Richards who won after "busting rocks" Republican Clayton Williams explained how if a woman is going to be raped she should lie back and enjoy it. However, Queen Ann only lasted one term, losing to W Bush.
    It was Lyndon Johnson's state, long before governor wrinkles!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #23
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Rick Perry, of All People, Backs Decriminalizing Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    You're right; he's not running. And it hasn't been a good week for Wendy Davis. I wonder how her staffer's remark Abbott isn't good looking, doesn't speak well, doesn't have a good personality, and is in a chair will play with Texas voters. We'll see if her campaign continues to have legs.
    I don't think it will go over very well with the general population. We have a reputation for being nothing but a bunch of rednecks, but that type of behavior usually doesn't go over very well, at least in the non-metro areas of the state.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  4. #24
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    40,026

    Re: Rick Perry, of All People, Backs Decriminalizing Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    He's probably very relevant in Texas.
    I think he was trying to pick up the hippie vote, but Kinky Freidman beat him to it. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #25
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:11 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    45,091

    Re: Rick Perry, of All People, Backs Decriminalizing Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    You're right; he's not running. And it hasn't been a good week for Wendy Davis. I wonder how her staffer's remark Abbott isn't good looking, doesn't speak well, doesn't have a good personality, and is in a chair will play with Texas voters. We'll see if her campaign continues to have legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I don't think it will go over very well with the general population. We have a reputation for being nothing but a bunch of rednecks, but that type of behavior usually doesn't go over very well, at least in the non-metro areas of the state.
    Didn't she also say that he hasn't ever walked a mile in her shoes? Now I could give her the benefit of the doubt that she wasn't referencing the fact that he can't walk, but how often does the right ever get that? So **** it, she's clearly a disabilst.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •